Author Topic: Joss Whedon off WW  (Read 6087 times)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Joss Whedon off WW
« on: February 02, 2007, 04:54:37 pm »
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

(I knew it!) X 3 = Smug Satisfaction!

Joss Whedon has announced on his official Blog that he will no longer be writing and directing the Wonder Woman movie at Warner Bros. Pictures.:

SATIN TIGHTS NO LONGER. Joss will not be fighting for our rights after all.

You (hopefully) heard it here first: I'm no longer slated to make Wonder Woman. What? But how? My chest... so tight! Okay, stay calm and I'll explain as best I can. It's pretty complicated, so bear with me. I had a take on the film that, well, nobody liked. Hey, not that complicated.

Let me stress first that everybody at the studio and Silver Pictures were cool and professional. We just saw different movies, and at the price range this kind of movie hangs in, that's never gonna work. Non-sympatico. It happens all the time. I don't think any of us expected it to this time, but it did. Everybody knows how long I was taking, what a struggle that script was, and though I felt good about what I was coming up with, it was never gonna be a simple slam-dunk. I like to think it rolled around the rim a little bit, but others may have differing views.

The worst thing that can happen in this scenario is that the studio just keeps hammering out changes and the writer falls into a horrible limbo of development. These guys had the clarity and grace to skip that part. So I'm a free man.

Well, sorta. There is that "Goners" movie I can finally finish polishing, and plenty of other things in the hopper I've wanted to pursue. I'm as relieved as I am disappointed, and both of those things lead to drink, so that's a plus. Truly, you may be hearing some interesting things brewing in the coming months. But all potential jets therein will be visible.

But most importantly, I never have to answer THAT question again!!!! And you don't have to link to every rumor site! Finally and forever: I never had an actress picked out, or even a consistant front-runner. I didn't have time to waste on casting when I was so busy air-balling on the script. (No! Rim! There was rim!) That's the greatest relief of all. I can do interviews again!

Thanks for your time. You are the people who make the world go 'round. Or, no, science does that.

I'M LAUGHING AT YOU DC!
YOUR LOGO REALLY BLOWS!
THE WARNER BROS. OWN YOU.
AND THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES!

I'll be watching Ghost Rider for my hero fix! Thanks for NOTHING WB!
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Re: Joss Whedon off WW
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 11:41:17 am »
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

(I knew it!) X 3 = Smug Satisfaction!

Joss Whedon has announced on his official Blog that he will no longer be writing and directing the Wonder Woman movie at Warner Bros. Pictures.:

SATIN TIGHTS NO LONGER. Joss will not be fighting for our rights after all.

You (hopefully) heard it here first: I'm no longer slated to make Wonder Woman. What? But how? My chest... so tight! Okay, stay calm and I'll explain as best I can. It's pretty complicated, so bear with me. I had a take on the film that, well, nobody liked. Hey, not that complicated.

Let me stress first that everybody at the studio and Silver Pictures were cool and professional. We just saw different movies, and at the price range this kind of movie hangs in, that's never gonna work. Non-sympatico. It happens all the time. I don't think any of us expected it to this time, but it did. Everybody knows how long I was taking, what a struggle that script was, and though I felt good about what I was coming up with, it was never gonna be a simple slam-dunk. I like to think it rolled around the rim a little bit, but others may have differing views.

The worst thing that can happen in this scenario is that the studio just keeps hammering out changes and the writer falls into a horrible limbo of development. These guys had the clarity and grace to skip that part. So I'm a free man.

Well, sorta. There is that "Goners" movie I can finally finish polishing, and plenty of other things in the hopper I've wanted to pursue. I'm as relieved as I am disappointed, and both of those things lead to drink, so that's a plus. Truly, you may be hearing some interesting things brewing in the coming months. But all potential jets therein will be visible.

But most importantly, I never have to answer THAT question again!!!! And you don't have to link to every rumor site! Finally and forever: I never had an actress picked out, or even a consistant front-runner. I didn't have time to waste on casting when I was so busy air-balling on the script. (No! Rim! There was rim!) That's the greatest relief of all. I can do interviews again!

Thanks for your time. You are the people who make the world go 'round. Or, no, science does that.

I'M LAUGHING AT YOU DC!
YOUR LOGO REALLY BLOWS!
THE WARNER BROS. OWN YOU.
AND THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES!

I'll be watching Ghost Rider for my hero fix! Thanks for NOTHING WB!

I feel ya, OP.  I'll be at the GR movie opening day.  Maybe Joss will comtinue his run on Astonishing after his "last" arch is over.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline In_Spirit

• "Kiss the ring...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 07:35:32 pm »
I just hope the studio stews over Wonder Woman  until they have a great idea and script for it.  I'd rather wait than have them rush something into the theaters just to put the property out there.

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 10:16:43 am »
Maybe Joss will comtinue his run on Astonishing after his "last" arch is over.

I doubt it. He wants to end on a high note and I'm sure he still has other hollywood projects (that pay a lot more).
HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/comics

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 05:21:45 pm »
Whedon has the new Buffy comic which will be the 'Season  8' stories. Strange. He got that set to roll but not WW.  ::)
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 07:28:11 pm »
I wasn't enthused when Whedon revealed that there was going to be no WW comics' villain.  That he couldn't find ANY of them to do an (updated) take on was kind of suspect, IMO..

in any case, now that its out of his hands, he can't be blamed if it ends up bombing..

FWIW, I wouldn't mind having it be a WWII adventure.. the next one could always be modern..

So start tossing hats in the ring, folks: who next?

Is Antoine Fuqua doing anything?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Rasmane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 12:53:56 pm »
Whedon has the new Buffy comic which will be the 'Season  8' stories. Strange. He got that set to roll but not WW.  ::)

The studio not liking his treatment/script is not really cause to cast aspersions on the man's abilities to make other money people happy.

Why so much anti-DC glee, O.P.?

Is Antoine Fuqua doing anything?

Pressing up against the business end of a ten-foot pool as it pertains to a Wonder Woman movie I hope.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 08:15:22 pm »

The studio not liking his treatment/script is not really cause to cast aspersions on the man's abilities to make other money people happy.

Why so much anti-DC glee, O.P.?

First, I never liked their redesigned logo. It's too similar to ones from sports memorabilia. Anyway, this news became more inevitable as time dragged on. It's like the parable of the blind men trying to describe an elephant.  8)

And if you think I'm bad...go read what the lesbians are saying!  :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 08:17:59 pm by Open palm »

Offline The Dark Wright

• Me & you... yo' Momma & yo' cousin too...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 10:31:31 am »
WB bought another script for WW written by two other guys, didn't they?  There's still gonna be a movie I guess.

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 06:01:57 am »
I heard that Joss Whedon wanted ditch Wonder Woman's traditional outfit. I dunno about any of you, but I can't picture Wonder Woman wearing pants. What was Whedon smoking? Also, no Wonder Woman villian? Granted her Rogues Gallery is weak, but they couldn't use Cheetah or Doctor Cyber?

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 08:34:02 am »
I can't really say I'm mad about this.  Personally, I think Whedon is hugely overrated.  Buffy, Angel, Firefly (Serenity), I just couldn't get into any of them and I tried. 

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 12:41:59 pm »
u didnt like EITHER of them?

:o

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 01:00:13 pm »

Not a single one of them.  I've had friends that made me sit through episodes of Buffy and Firefly and Angel...trying to do a Whedon intervention, I guess...but it never liked it.  Buffy was just too much Sarah Michelle Gellar for me, Angel was a bad Blade rip off and Firefly...the dialog felt too forced for me.  I'm not knocking anyone who likes it, God knows I like stuff people cringe at.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 09:15:48 pm »

Not a single one of them.  I've had friends that made me sit through episodes of Buffy and Firefly and Angel...trying to do a Whedon intervention, I guess...but it never liked it.  Buffy was just too much Sarah Michelle Gellar for me, Angel was a bad Blade rip off and Firefly...the dialog felt too forced for me.  I'm not knocking anyone who likes it, God knows I like stuff people cringe at.

LOVED Buffy,Angel and Firefly.Own Serenity and every episode of Angel and Buffy that I can find.Yeah,Sarah Michelle Gellar was waaaay too lacking in physicality,and IMHO they shoulda stuck to the stunt doubles doing 99.9% of the fighting for Sarah.

OMG we all have terminal cases of geek-itus.LOL.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 05:50:11 am »
I heard that Joss Whedon wanted ditch Wonder Woman's traditional outfit. I dunno about any of you, but I can't picture Wonder Woman wearing pants. What was Whedon smoking? Also, no Wonder Woman villian? Granted her Rogues Gallery is weak, but they couldn't use Cheetah or Doctor Cyber?
The crime fighter in the leotard and hooker boots? I could have lived with that being changed. I've seen a couple of really good redesigns with a slightly more armoured look, that really play up her Amzonian heritage. Also, like you said, her Rogue's Gallery is pretty weak. I think I've only heard of Dr Cyber from a JLU cameo, and the Cheetah just isn't something that I reckon would really help sell the movie. Maybe if she was up against Hades or something?

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo