Author Topic: New Avengers #27 = Bp # 10, 11, 12  (Read 4303 times)

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
New Avengers #27 = Bp # 10, 11, 12
« on: February 08, 2007, 02:47:44 pm »
Ok read New Avengers 27 and the second best issue of the run next to New Avengers # 22 The Cage Issue. Strong issue. But while the fanboys are busting nuts over this issue I think to myself where have I seen epic the Hand Ninja wall to wall ars kicking before eh? You got it right here in the pages of the Black Panther. Now don't get me wrong on some levels you are talking about apples and oranges but Reg still has not gotten his shine from still the most important arc in years. No It wasn't the Marvel heavy hitters but for the first time you had the Who's Who in Marvel Minority characters in the same book at the same time. Yawn for the fanboys, ground breaking for us. Hats off again to you Reg on this issue.

I have my autographed copy of this arc prominently displayed on my desk. 8)

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Avengers #27 = Hit Squad
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 06:22:26 pm »
This is what Jim Lee could do with a decent editor over his shoulder. I love how Lenil draws Elektra! And Frank Cho is drawing "Mighty Avengers". So we get the hardest physiques worthy of the Avengers! Elektra is more interesting as a supervillain and a cult leader. So don't label Cage a misogynist for kicking her. Wolverine has too much history with her. Iron Fist would make it look too easy. So would Dr. Strange and Spidey. Of course, back when Cage and Black Panther fought the Si Fan, all it took was just themselves two and the Dora Milaje.  ;)

New Avengers - really avenging!  8)

Now everybody say "cheese"!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 06:40:33 pm by Open palm »
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Re: New Avengers #27 = Bp # 10, 11, 12
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 05:36:24 am »
While everyone and their mothers seemed to love this issue, I must be in the minority.  I wasn't a fan at all.  Echo and Ronin do not interest me.  Cage kicking Electra just seemed....bizarre.  Spider-Man's joking seemed way too forced.  Yes, its Spider-Man but I always feel like Bendis is writing Ultimate Spider-Man.

Revealing Ronin might have kept me around but they are gonna drag this out a few more issues, and will probably turn out to be a character I'd rather not have in the Avengers.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 05:43:52 am by JLI Jesse »

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 06:59:12 am »
While everyone and their mothers seemed to love this issue, I must be in the minority.  I wasn't a fan at all.  Echo and Ronin do not interest me.  Cage kicking Electra just seemed....bizarre.  Spider-Man's joking seemed way too forced.  Yes, its Spider-Man but I always feel like Bendis is writing Ultimate Spider-Man.

I liked this issue because of the artwork and the action. That's all. I agree that Bendis can't write Spidey-humor at all. He makes him sound so whiney and desperate. Cage kicking Elektra was surprising, but considering the circumstances I thought THAT was funny. But that doesn't make him a misogynist...
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 02:45:58 pm »
Kicking a supervillain makes CAGE misogynist? Kicking...a SUPERVILLAIN=misogynist.

Not worthy of SUPREME ILLUMINATION.

*SUPREME leaves*
This is what Jim Lee could do with a decent editor over his shoulder. I love how Lenil draws Elektra! And Frank Cho is drawing "Mighty Avengers". So we get the hardest physiques worthy of the Avengers! Elektra is more interesting as a supervillain and a cult leader. So don't label Cage a misogynist for kicking her. Wolverine has too much history with her. Iron Fist would make it look too easy. So would Dr. Strange and Spidey. Of course, back when Cage and Black Panther fought the Si Fan, all it took was just themselves two and the Dora Milaje.  ;)

New Avengers - really avenging!  8)

Now everybody say "cheese"!

*Supreme returns*

blazi blazin blazin art...and how in the heck did DR. STRANGE and IRON FIST become active Avengers? I can see I'ma have to get the last 5 issues that I missed...

*supreme leaves again*
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 08:07:33 pm »
that's gotta be the most sorriest cast for the Avenger's ever, even more so than when the New Avengers launched. Still not digging the fact that there are two "Spiders" in one team. The only reason I'm gonna even bother with this book is to keep an eye on Cage's activities.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 05:32:31 pm »
I love the new New Avengers, I thought the issue was great and aI want both (well all three whenever YA relaunches) versions. I like the lineup. I wish Cloak and Dagger where there.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 02:42:08 am »
Kicking a supervillain makes CAGE misogynist? Kicking...a SUPERVILLAIN=misogynist.

Kicking a villainess in the crotch may construe misogyny to some. 

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 04:52:44 am »
Io think Falcon may be ronin
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 04:54:20 am »
YO!
i JUST read number #27 and that issue is the shizzle! i mean...i think that's the best issue so far. I LOVED IT.
And ronin? yeah... he's black.
i feel it in my bones... so he's someone who's comfortable around cage...so that should narrow it down.
i doubt cap would speak like that.

and so is echo a zombie? or did the hand just bring her back to life?
isn't that gonna have some awful side effect on her? or what not?

but in short, i loved this issue.
i'm waiting for 28... now to actually read what zulu initially typed.

ps: I felt the pain when cage kicked electra between the legs.  i hope she can still have lil' matt murdocks.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 07:20:36 am »
ps: I felt the pain when cage kicked electra between the legs.  i hope she can still have lil' matt murdocks.

YOU felt HER pain?  :o

Oookaaay.... :D

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 10:34:32 am »
So yall don't see any similatrities between this issue and the two the hard way arc. Everybody loven the New Avengers story (it was good) but I know where I read a similar story first. ::)

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 11:39:00 am »
So yall don't see any similatrities between this issue and the two the hard way arc. Everybody loven the New Avengers story (it was good) but I know where I read a similar story first. ::)

Other than the ninjas part, how is the story similar?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 12:20:33 pm »
yes i felt the pain.

dont u wince when ppl get kicked between the legs.
i know she's a woman but cage is super strong...so her midsection is achin'!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 02:02:56 pm »

Other than the ninjas part, how is the story similar?
-------------------------
Multi superheroes, mega event, the hand, the action in some parts, cage and while one involved an "indecent proposal" and the other a rescue still I just thought it was funny how some fanboys yawned at the hand ninja fight stuff and now it is just kick ass a rific. I have been known to make conspiracy theories out of everything but hey never mind me. :)