Author Topic: Thanos  (Read 5610 times)

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Re: Thanos
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 06:07:38 pm »
After reading the first issue with the new writer, this book went from the top of my stack to almost off my pull list. That makes me sad  :'(

Offline Ezyo

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 09:32:30 am »
You didn't like it that much?? I thought it was a pretty good start with the new writer.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2017, 05:30:02 am »
I didnít even realize there was a new writer until I found myself not enjoying the book. Then I flipped to the front and it all made sense.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2017, 08:41:10 am »
Good insight to the going one of editorial.

Starlin Cuts Ties with Marvel
The man responsible for Thanos, Jim Starlin, has cut ties with Marvel Comics thanks to Tom Brevoort:

Quote taken from another article taken from Starlin's social media pages:
"Just to set the record straight, Marvel Comics didn't pull me off any books, they just made it clear they weren't interested in using me on any of the tie-in series to the movies or regular series. Even though I lobbied heavily to write the Thanos on-going that task was twice given to other writers, which is Marvel Editorial's right to do.

"What I objected to and what will be keep me from doing any further work for Marvel Editorial was Tom Brevoort approving a plot for the current on-going series, which was pretty much the same as the Thanos story arc in the graphic novel trilogy Alan Davis and I have been working on for Tom for close to the past year. He had 200 pages of script and 100 pages of pencils on this project when he gave the green light to a strikingly similar plot. The on-going will be in print before the graphic novel trilogy. To avoid spoiling anyone's enjoyment of these two stories I will not be summarizing the striking similarities.

"At first Tom denied giving his approval to the plot. When that turned out to be false, he switched to claiming there was nothing similar about the two plots. When that didnít fly he changed his story to it was all an accident. These changes of excuse and other bits of procrastination ate up a month, by which time the current Thanos on-going art team was too far along for anything to be done about the situation. Too bad for me. So I am moving on."
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2017, 06:39:50 pm »
Bring in Priest to write Thanos, also a Dr. Doom ongoing.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 03:50:06 pm »
Man, this might be the best issue so far. Mostly narrated issue and it is excellent.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2018, 10:42:44 am »
Another good issue. This is what fun is. lol
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2018, 03:13:29 pm »
I didnt see that herald reveal coming

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2018, 08:34:30 am »
Good issue this week. Origin of cosmic Ghost Rider. Its a good example of how a supporting character is used as a priority character in a solo. His story is tied to Thanos.
Reggie Hudlin-