Author Topic: Storm versus Clone Thor  (Read 32338 times)

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
Re: Storm versus Clone Thor
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2007, 06:12:40 pm »
Thor is not dispersing anything from Storm. She has the power of a goddess herself. It has been stated in canon that her control over the elements cannot be matched (circa Cable issue 18) as well as the fact that her control is absolute (Uncanny 179 among others). OmegaStorm would be able to fight someone like Dark Phoenix. Thor is
nowhere near that level. (I am not talking Endgame Thor as I know nothing of him.)

You mention Thor has innate control over the weather. Okay. However, I don't respect it much as even in Official Handbooks its generally mentioned as one of his hammer powers. Has he done anything impressive with the weather without the use of his hammer? Since in canon he has controlled weather without the hammer, we have to give it to him, but to say he is innately stronger than Ororo is a stretch to me.

Getting back to that goddess thing with Storm, she and the X-Men were kidnapped to another dimension-the dimension of the Trion. These were three elemental god-beings that were the sum of everything that dimension had been in the past, was at the present and will be in the future. They were the embodiment of the elemental forces of that entire dimension. Storm single-handedly outpowered them in combat and effectively defeated them. She's just that darn powerful of an elemental. Right now, I seriously doubt that Thor can beat Storm in a contest over the elements. If Storm evolved, she beats him hands down. Period. She can potentially control all that is in the universe itself. If you read Uncanny 166, it states that she can perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces and bend it to her will. This places her well beyond Thor. Dark Phoenix was said to potentially have ultimate power. Power to put her past the cosmic abstracts. Storm's potential is on that level. This is canon.

rutog you have me convinced I believe storm kicks thor's ass

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2007, 07:51:50 pm »
Thanks, KR.

SI, here are some things to consider: Controlling the elements is a birthright for both Storm and Thor, in that case. Thor's control is mystic based while Ororo's is owed to her unity with life itself. She draws strength from life and can assimiliate the life force of both stars and planets...for now. OmegaStorm's powers is still yet to be explored. She has the ability to perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces and bend it to her will. This includes empty space even. It would not be out-of-character for her to be able to open doorways to other dimensions or wormholes to distant places with this. I know in the Trion story arc, there was a breach between two realities where they threatened to crush against each other to their mutual destruction. Storm mended the tear.

She's been able to manipulate matter at the subatomic level to do things like create clothing out of thin air. As Rougestorm, she not only had control over the weather, but over every elemental force. She can detect the life essense within living beings and plants as well. What's to say that she can't absorb Thor's life force at full potential as she absorbs the life force of heavenly bodies right now? She may be able to do things like make plants grow or people grow or rob them of their life essense. Her ability to perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces includes all forms of matter and energy. This would also include Thor. Who's to say at full potential that she could not deconstruct him at an atomic level at will? I mean, if she can create clothing out of thin air, then she can obviously affect matter and energy at the sub-atomic level. Also, she may just be able to consume any type of energy Thor throws at her while she's OmegaStorm. Who knows? It has not been explored yet, but there is a basis for these things.

Dark Phoenix's potential rose even above the abstracts and  Storm's potential was put on the same level as DP.

OmegaStorm is well beyond regular Thor. Dark Phoenix would kill him easily.  Endgame Thor, I know nothing about.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 07:55:17 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2007, 09:30:02 pm »
Thanks, KR.

SI, here are some things to consider: Controlling the elements is a birthright for both Storm and Thor, in that case. Thor's control is mystic based while Ororo's is owed to her unity with life itself. She draws strength from life and can assimiliate the life force of both stars and planets...for now. OmegaStorm's powers is still yet to be explored. She has the ability to perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces and bend it to her will. This includes empty space even. It would not be out-of-character for her to be able to open doorways to other dimensions or wormholes to distant places with this. I know in the Trion story arc, there was a breach between two realities where they threatened to crush against each other to their mutual destruction. Storm mended the tear.

She's been able to manipulate matter at the subatomic level to do things like create clothing out of thin air. As Rougestorm, she not only had control over the weather, but over every elemental force. She can detect the life essense within living beings and plants as well. What's to say that she can't absorb Thor's life force at full potential as she absorbs the life force of heavenly bodies right now? She may be able to do things like make plants grow or people grow or rob them of their life essense. Her ability to perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces includes all forms of matter and energy. This would also include Thor. Who's to say at full potential that she could not deconstruct him at an atomic level at will? I mean, if she can create clothing out of thin air, then she can obviously affect matter and energy at the sub-atomic level. Also, she may just be able to consume any type of energy Thor throws at her while she's OmegaStorm. Who knows? It has not been explored yet, but there is a basis for these things.

Dark Phoenix's potential rose even above the abstracts and  Storm's potential was put on the same level as DP.

OmegaStorm is well beyond regular Thor. Dark Phoenix would kill him easily.  Endgame Thor, I know nothing about.

definitely appreciate the knowledge, hopefully we will get to see more omegastorm with BP going cosmic after civil war. I know reg has some big plans for storm.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2007, 02:01:23 pm »
1. Why is there a need for a clone of Thor?  Hmmm? I don't get it.  Can't real heroes do the policing that they needed?  I mean... having the "dolly" of superheroes is settin' a bad precedent.

2. Does "Clor" or Thor's clone have an off switch or is it sentient?  If it isn't controlled remotely, then what's to stop him from killing another hero of color?

That is all.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2007, 02:28:19 am »
1. Why is there a need for a clone of Thor?  Hmmm? I don't get it.  Can't real heroes do the policing that they needed?  I mean... having the "dolly" of superheroes is settin' a bad precedent.
I guess just because Tony would have loved to have someone with Thor's sheer power onside, and with him dead, he looked for a way around it.
2. Does "Clor" or Thor's clone have an off switch or is it sentient?  If it isn't controlled remotely, then what's to stop him from killing another hero of color?
Reed said a sequence of words that sent Clor to sleep, pretty much immediately after he killed Goliath. From Reed's reaction, Clor certainly wasn't supposed to do that, but I think he only has limited sentience - he's an attack dog - point him at who want beaten and hope he leaves them alive until you can send him to sleep.

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2007, 05:59:48 am »
I guess just because Tony would have loved to have someone with Thor's sheer power onside, and with him dead, he looked for a way around it.

In addition to that: effect. Everyone knows that's not the real Thor, but even a close approximation of him showing up to a fight could mean game over.

I really hope somehow someway the real Thor comes back and beats the tar out of Iron Man for this. Even though I understand why Tony did it, its still a mockery to the utmost degree.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 04:03:39 pm by BPStorm4ever »
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2007, 11:47:19 am »
it's a horrible mockery.
man, i'd hate to be Tony if thor AND hulk both showed up at the same time.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2007, 06:15:01 am »

That is all.

Why the clone? Bc Millar wanted to use Thor in CW, but couldn't.  And it was a marketing gimic to make people think Thor had returned. 

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2007, 10:33:54 am »
But story wise it is crazy ass hell, Thor was comrads with these people and they clone him? Wow shows how much repect they  have for the dead. Tony has burned more bridges then a little bit. How does he come back from all of this?

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2007, 12:31:29 pm »
But story wise it is crazy ass hell, Thor was comrads with these people and they clone him? Wow shows how much repect they  have for the dead. Tony has burned more bridges then a little bit. How does he come back from all of this?

They'll probably say Tony was in limbo and Space Phantom has been behind this all along!  ;D

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2007, 02:54:36 am »
They'll probably say Tony was in limbo and Space Phantom has been behind this all along!  ;D
Beyond! FTW! ;D

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo