Author Topic: Reg Zombies? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  (Read 7851 times)

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Reg Zombies? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
« on: February 12, 2007, 05:37:18 pm »
I HATE ZOMBIES. Some of the younger posters enlighten me to the new zombie craze, I just don't get it. I can tell you about penny loafers, parachute pants, colored levis and even when member's only jackets were not just worn by your grandfather. I just don't have a clue about zombies. Reg you killen me brah. But I will admit you are knocking the fanboys out of the park. You and marvel marketing of this book is out of this world. Of course Im going to check this one out but you better knock this one out of the park. :)

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Re: Reg Zombies? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 06:15:19 pm »
Zombies can be cool...check out the Walking Dead

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 07:51:17 pm »
I HATE ZOMBIES. Some of the younger posters enlighten me to the new zombie craze, I just don't get it. I can tell you about penny loafers, parachute pants, colored levis and even when member's only jackets were not just worn by your grandfather. I just don't have a clue about zombies. Reg you killen me brah. But I will admit you are knocking the fanboys out of the park. You and marvel marketing of this book is out of this world. Of course Im going to check this one out but you better knock this one out of the park. :)

I don't care for zombies either--it may inspire me not to buy those issues.  (Though, probably not.)  But, from a marketing POV, it's smart.  Events help BP's sales.  Marriage boosted sales; CW crossover boosted sales; Zombies will boost sales, undoubtably.

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 09:47:51 pm »
I'm all for it ;D let's get rockin with some interdimensional zombies.

Offline aric_dacia

• View Profile
    • Official Homepage of Author Barry Reese
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 06:29:35 am »
Zombies rock. Amongst the coolest monsters ever. Something about them skeeves me out in a way that other things (vamps, werewolves, etc.) just don't.

Offline Hulkster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 06:52:38 am »
I'm not big on Zombies myself, but the current Marvel Zombies are BIG and those original issues are worth some decent money.  Crossing over with them is smart on Reggie's part because that tunes the large following in on BP.  Those expecting/hoping that sales will drop after Civil War will have to wait longer.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 08:09:42 am »
Im going to check it out ofcourse >:(. But what about two issues that month. One for the grown folks and the zombies issue for the kiddies. ;D

Offline jominick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 10:32:04 am »
okay I am slow what all the talk about Zombies coming from

Offline Francisco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 10:35:28 am »
BP#28 The Zombies are coming!!
Don't get fooled by the bombs that I get I'm still I'm still Saddam from Iraq.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 10:41:16 am »
I think it's a great idea! It's sounds fun and entertaining, plus it has an "old school" feeling to it.
...Rassclaat.

Offline Pantherfan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 11:29:57 am »
Zombies? So far Panther fought Ninjas, Vampires, mutated animals and now Zombies? What's next? Dinosaurs? Wait a minute. He fought those in the Jack Kirby or Don McGregor run of his previous books. I say aliens should be next.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 01:00:27 pm »
Zombies? So far Panther fought Ninjas, Vampires, mutated animals and now Zombies? What's next? Dinosaurs? Wait a minute. He fought those in the Jack Kirby or Don McGregor run of his previous books. I say aliens should be next.

nah, next:  THE HULK.  Why should BP escape Hulk.

Actually, it's time for a war for wakanda with an alien nation.  Of course, after Annihlation, who would be a big question.  Annihulus's forces? The Kree?  A remenant of the Skrull nation looking to find a new home?  The Shi'ar, depending on how things turn out for them in X-titles.  Hmm, that could be interesting.  What if when all is said and done, the Shi'ar are no longer earth's allies and they aim their attentions at Wakanda and Storm?  Hmmm.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 02:10:08 pm »
should be interesting.. let the mayhem begin..

side note-- that image has zombieThing with a hole in his head-- doesn't that kill a zombie?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

moneyspider

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 02:13:07 pm »
I would like to see Panther and his wifey thrown down with Galactus.

1st Dora Milaje: "Should we call the Avengers?"

Panther: (running toward Galactus with two closed fists) "Why?"

2nd Dora Milaje: "Should we call the X-Men?"

Storm: (flying toward Galactus with lightning at her fingertips) "Say what now?"

I would also like to see how Panther and Storm would defeat the Juggernaut, since supposedly nothing can stop that dude. And how WOULD Panther and Storm outwit a rampaging Hulk in "World War Hulk?"

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 02:59:27 pm »

nah, next:  THE HULK.  Why should BP escape Hulk.

Actually, it's time for a war for wakanda with an alien nation.  Of course, after Annihlation, who would be a big question.  Annihulus's forces? The Kree?  A remenant of the Skrull nation looking to find a new home?  The Shi'ar, depending on how things turn out for them in X-titles.  Hmm, that could be interesting.  What if when all is said and done, the Shi'ar are no longer earth's allies and they aim their attentions at Wakanda and Storm?  Hmmm.

Actually, BP has already fought the Hulk, technically. Look back in Priest's run.

As far as the Shi'ar, I think that would be interesting. In fact, why not have X-men villians start appearing more in BP since his wife is an X-man. We've seen BP go up against Apocalypse in House of M. Who else should BP and Storm face?