Author Topic: Black Panther v/s silver surfer. Pick this one!!  (Read 4710 times)

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Black Panther v/s silver surfer. Pick this one!!
« on: February 12, 2007, 05:39:01 pm »
The cover of ff 544 shows the black panther going againt the m/f silver surfer. Supreme get your ars in here and explain this one to me. :o

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
Re: Black Panther v/s silver surfer. Pick this one!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 06:14:47 pm »
i can't think of any rational way BP could win unless suddenly the BP creates a Wakandan Ultimate Nullifier...and that would be stupid.

Offline Gooch

• The only thing that is not common is sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 07:06:00 am »
Priest has established that BP has a contigency plan for galactus,  if he has one for him, he should have one for the silver surfer
the game is messed up,  singers want to be gansters, gangsters want to be rappers, and rappers want to  be actors

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 08:12:28 am »
Tsk no one still hasn't even begin to break this down.

The way that Priest showed the panther beating mephisto is that he gave his soul to him knowing that his sould belonged to the panther god so it was not his to give right? The black panther having spiritual powers beating a spiritual based enemy is one thing, but what do you put againt cosmic entity. Oh snap aint tchalla a physicist by trade?

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 11:40:56 am »
Priest has established that BP has a contigency plan for galactus,  if he has one for him, he should have one for the silver surfer

See, thats exactly what I hate about Batman.  The ability to beat God with enough prep time.

Offline Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 12:21:20 pm »
The cover shows it as a one on one all out fist fight. Silver Surfer no doubt wins. I do like the cover by Turner though.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 02:08:51 pm »
hmm.. I hope for a good, long battle-- should be exciting..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 05:44:45 pm »

See, thats exactly what I hate about Batman.  The ability to beat God with enough prep time.
[/quote]

Don't you just hate that? They always throw that in:

question: Can BM defeat teh Darkseid and Amazo'?

answer: sure with enough prep time.

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 04:27:23 am »

Black Panther goes one-on-one vs. The Silver Surfer.

Damn. You'd back SS, but McDuffie must have something planned. I predict that it will be a fight with an end you never see coming. :P

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 07:43:34 pm »
Of course it won't be as cut and dry as it seems.  Thinking about sheer power, you'd have to go Surfer all the way...but back in FF 57 Doom stole the Surfers powers after lulling him into a bogus friendship.  Who's to say Wakanda didn't base their contingency plan on that tech and duplicated it in a smaller form?  If that's the case, I'll take the Panther in an upset!

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 02:24:07 am »
BP tricks Silver Surfer into flying into one of Reed's interdimensional gates.  Surfer ends up in Zombieverse.  THe  cosmic zombie sees Surfer; eats Surfer; game over.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 05:47:22 am »
i think it'll start getting silly if we constantly play the "what if" game.  If you do that, anything can happen and anyone can beat anyone, and characters can begin to lose credibility.  I don't think its a knock on BP to say the Silver Surfer would brobably beat BP 99 times out of 100...he's the Silver Surfer!

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 06:34:37 am »
i think it'll start getting silly if we constantly play the "what if" game.  If you do that, anything can happen and anyone can beat anyone, and characters can begin to lose credibility.  I don't think its a knock on BP to say the Silver Surfer would brobably beat BP 99 times out of 100...he's the Silver Surfer!

of course.

but I find it fun suggesting surfer can be beaten by BP.  It drives fanboys wild.

Offline zulu801

• Honorary Wakandan
  • No matter how hard you try you can't stop this..
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 07:13:53 am »

of course.

but I find it fun suggesting surfer can be beaten by BP.  It drives fanboys wild.

and that (fanboys) they are wildin' out right now on other sites (marvel.com) on this upcoming (so-called) match.  I will not take the side of BP / SS battle after seeing and reading BP#21 and being duped thinking Namor and T'Challa were going to scrap* B4 the issue came out.  (fight* 4 those who are saying wtf does scrap means)  This FF issue will be a top seller.

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 11:11:38 am »

Don't you just hate that? They always throw that in:

question: Can BM defeat teh Darkseid and Amazo'?

answer: sure with enough prep time.

Well they got to give characters like Batman or BP that caveat becasue those heroes would NEVER be able to defeat the majority of the characters in their respective universes. In fact, if you noticed BM gets handled when he doesn't have prep time so how else is one of the major iconic comic characters suppose to win against 90% of the DC comic charcters who are superpowered if he is essentially just a normal human?

I understand what you mean by getting tired of the same old "out" of having prep time,but the thing is, that is Batman's and BP ( if you read Priest's run) major strengths aside from their extremely high intelligence where they can sometimes talk their way into winning.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 11:17:00 am by Evasive1 »