Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)  (Read 29567 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)
« on: April 15, 2017, 06:20:12 am »
! No longer available

I just can't really get into Star Wars as much as i've tried but I am sure it has its fans here.

Look at our boy Finn go! Killin' the game in this trailer!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:31:40 pm by MindofShadow »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Trailer)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 03:44:00 pm »
Mind,

I know you got to be joking about Finn. Dude is still in a coma. In The Force Awakens review thread I wrote about a book-length work of commentary about the issues I had with the Finn character (not John Boyega) and this little tease has done nothing to allay my concerns about his depiction.

I am a massive Star Wars fan, or I was until the Disney takeover. Now it's hard to get into the novels (I've only managed to finish just one), though I have enjoyed many of the Marvel comics. I really didn't like The Force Awakens, and while I thought Rogue One was an improvement-it was an unnecessary film. So I'm not as excited as I wish I could be for The Last Jedi. Sure I will go see it, but I've got the feeling, or perhaps the resignation, that the new Star Wars just isn't 'my' Star Wars.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 03:59:04 pm »
Mind,

I know you got to be joking about Finn. Dude is still in a coma. In The Force Awakens review thread I wrote about a book-length work of commentary about the issues I had with the Finn character (not John Boyega) and this little tease has done nothing to allay my concerns about his depiction.

Oh yeah, that was firmly tongue in cheek

Maybe they are going for the oppostie approach this time. Instead of showing him as a potential bad ass jedi only for him to get his ass kicked by a Storm Trooper...they will show him in a coma and he will actually be competent lol.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 04:08:02 am »
One can hope so. I mean the new team is missing a non-Jedi warrior. If only they had just let Finn be a competent Stormtrooper who was trying to make amends for the atrocities he committed or felt responsible for. I think it would've presented a more interesting character than the goofy, love struck, sweating, somewhat cowardly character we are given in Force Awakens.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 10:27:18 am »
The emphasis was on tease with this one, but I"m good with that.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 07:05:54 pm »
I'm glad they didn't seem to spoil anything major.  Hopefully that trend will hold up until the film comes out.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 06:48:55 am »
So some lega figurines leaked.

Here is the bad ass Finn.

I know when I grew up as a kid, I always wanted the toys of the scared hero

Go Finn Go!

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 01:06:50 pm »
^
Ha I love it. They can't even respect Finn in plastic.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 10:38:09 am »
When we last saw Finn, he had been left comatose after that battle with Kylo Ren. In Star Wars: The Last Jedi, he's awake and ready to abandon the Resistance and flee to the Outer Rim as he initially wanted to in The Force Awakens. His wounds from those lightsaber strikes still burn and haven't fully healed and he had to watch Han Solo die so Finn is now ready to get the hell out of there.

When the movie begins, he's hoping to find Rey and take her with him but the problem is that Finn is now a very big deal in the Galaxy. "Everyone in the space, throughout the galaxy, would have heard about the young Jedi who discovered her powers and defeated Kylo Ren and the young former Stormtrooper who helped save the day," John Boyega says. "Hes a hero to people like Rose, who fight for the Resistance because their homes have been destroyed by the First Order." So, what's next for the reluctant hero? We'll get to that a little later.

LOL so Finn's still trying ot run away

Jesus

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 10:53:54 am »
The official movie poster:

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 11:03:16 am »
so, is this movie gonna just copy ESB or actually going to have a somewhat original plot this time?

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 12:36:22 pm »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/star-wars-the-last-jedi-spoilers-10-major-new-story-details-you-need-to-know-a153174

It does seem like there will be some influences from ESB in this film, with Luke being similar to Yoda, though seemingly a more embittered Yoda.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 01:03:08 pm »
Well...  yeah. :)

The whole premise behind Star Wars was described in (what was believed at the time to be the last episode)  'Revenge Of The Sith' what the Emperor said after successfully converting Anakin to the Dark Side,

"It'll be Civil War without end!"

These new Star Wars movies are very impressionable, fan-created material.

George was on another level; he was teaching civics (among many other topics) through his fantasy world as a filmmaker. His version of Star Wars is regal, whimsical and historic.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:16:28 pm by Battle »

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 01:04:18 pm »
hopefully Finn gets to become a more capable hero and adventurer.  The reluctant semi-competent goof only goes so far.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 01:22:23 pm »
hopefully Finn gets to become a more capable hero and adventurer.  The reluctant semi-competent goof only goes so far.

I don't understand what you mean.  ???

How was Finn reluctant?  Wasn't he the one who defected which aided the resistance in 'The Force Awakens'?