Author Topic: Dear Mr. Hudlin - A thread to ask the questions only he can answer...  (Read 5476 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
As you are no doubt aware there has been an increase inactivity here at the HEF due to the migration of many of those who post at CBR's Black Panther thread. This process was spearheaded by our very own Ezyo. As you are one of the primary architects of the modern Black Panther era, heads would very much appreciate hearing from you.

Since you have made it clear that you are not at liberty to comment on the writers of the Black Panther who came after you, how about elaborating on any ideas you had with T'Challa and Doom post the ambush; the plans you may have had for the evolution of Shuri; your next story line post Deadliest of the Species; any more tales of Wakanda's past etc...

Let's have a meet and greet. Maybe a little Q&A. New and old posters are looking forward to hearing from you.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Things Fall Apart

• View Profile
Re: Dear Mr. Hudlin - A thread to ask the questions only he can answer...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 04:27:01 am »
Cool thread! Mr. Hudlin, I'm interested in your thoughts on a follow up to Flags of Our Fathers.  Were there ever any ideas or prelim work done on that front?

I'd love to see Azzari team up with Invaders or perhaps have a run in with Orson Randall.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:29:48 am by Things Fall Apart »

Offline marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 12:41:30 pm »
Mr Hudlin, what made you come up with the idea of Shuri?

I think she's a great addition to the Panther mythos and she now stands as a strong character in her own right.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 02:24:08 pm »
I only have one question:

If you'd known your book was going to be an ongoing from the beginning, would you have done anything differently?

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 02:35:34 pm »
Excellent thread idea.

I can't think of any questions right now though.  8)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 03:26:21 pm »
I have a question...

When you gonna make another rare appearance 8)

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 10:10:35 pm »
Mr. Hudlin, it's an honor to have this platform to communicate with you.

My question:
If Storm hadn't been available, would you have moved forward with Monica Rambeau as T'Challa's love interest and eventual wife?
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 12:11:09 am »
As you are no doubt aware there has been an increase inactivity here at the HEF due to the migration of many of those who post at CBR's Black Panther thread. This process was spearheaded by our very own Ezyo. As you are one of the primary architects of the modern Black Panther era, heads would very much appreciate hearing from you.

Since you have made it clear that you are not at liberty to comment on the writers of the Black Panther who came after you, how about elaborating on any ideas you had with T'Challa and Doom post the ambush; the plans you may have had for the evolution of Shuri; your next story line post Deadliest of the Species; any more tales of Wakanda's past etc...

Let's have a meet and greet. Maybe a little Q&A. New and old posters are looking forward to hearing from you.

This thread is a great idea!  I"m signing in!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 12:12:57 am »
Cool thread! Mr. Hudlin, I'm interested in your thoughts on a follow up to Flags of Our Fathers.  Were there ever any ideas or prelim work done on that front?

I'd love to see Azzari team up with Invaders or perhaps have a run in with Orson Randall.
I had plans for a mini series with a teenage T'Challa meeting up with Logan, Tony Stark, The Winter Soldier and Janet Van Dyne.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 12:16:04 am »
Mr Hudlin, what made you come up with the idea of Shuri?

I think she's a great addition to the Panther mythos and she now stands as a strong character in her own right.
Thank you!

I just thought it was ridiculous that T'Challa would be an only child.  Royalty usually has several kids...and heir and a spare, as they say.  And a strong sister would be the most interesting way to go. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 12:17:35 am »

If you'd known your book was going to be an ongoing from the beginning, would you have done anything differently?
Probably.  But not having the stress of planning out several years worth of stories made the opportunity less daunting.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 12:20:05 am »
Mr. Hudlin, it's an honor to have this platform to communicate with you.

My question:
If Storm hadn't been available, would you have moved forward with Monica Rambeau as T'Challa's love interest and eventual wife?
I love Monica and think the way she's been written over the past couple of years by several writers has been encouraging. She's a very powerful character and I think she and Blue Marvel are a great match, just like T'Challa and Ororo. 

If Storm wasn't available, I would have created an original character.

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 05:16:53 am »

Probably.  But not having the stress of planning out several years worth of stories made the opportunity less daunting.

That's fair.  Thank you.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2017, 07:10:03 am »
Hey RH great to see you poking your head in the BP forum again, I guess I'll follow up Tures question,

If you were still on board with Marvel what was your idea for the encounter after T'Challa was ambushed by Doom? Alot of people as you are likely aware, were very dissatisfied with Mayberrys ending as it felt insulting to see T'Challa not only lose S'yan (a great character I thought) and Wakandans, but also he gets his ass kicked by Doom then thanks him for teaching him and Wakanda a lesson before destroying the Vibranium.

So again what was your idea for round two for T'Challa and Doom

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 08:45:25 am »
Hey RH great to see you poking your head in the BP forum again, I guess I'll follow up Tures question,

If you were still on board with Marvel what was your idea for the encounter after T'Challa was ambushed by Doom? Alot of people as you are likely aware, were very dissatisfied with Mayberrys ending as it felt insulting to see T'Challa not only lose S'yan (a great character I thought) and Wakandans, but also he gets his ass kicked by Doom then thanks him for teaching him and Wakanda a lesson before destroying the Vibranium.

So again what was your idea for round two for T'Challa and Doom

Black Panther would beat the brakes off Doom to the point even the other super heroes are scared of Panther, leading to him against the world.  WWW.  World War Wakanda.