Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+ *** NEW *** WHAT IF... Killmonger Rescued Tony Stark?  (Read 20316 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+ *** NEW *** WHAT IF... Killmonger Rescued Tony Stark?
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2021, 03:34:16 pm »
When did he die before? This What if is the only time he's actually died. He even survived the zombie apocalypse.

There was his near death experience in his solo, plus getting dusted by Thanos. And I know some of y’all are apprehensive about a variant, but the way I see it if T’Challa has an unambiguous death in the sequel then a variant is simply the most realistic way he can be recast.

Near death isnt death. All the heroes have been near death. And being dusted along with half the universe is hardly something to be concerned about.

in 4 movie's he has shown up in, he was dead or practically dead. It's not a good precedent. Then we see him die in the what if, on the zombie what if, he is heading towards a destroyed Wakanda with IG wielding zombies Thanos.

T'Challa has died more Than any other hero.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER - DISNEY+ *** NEW *** WHAT IF... Killmonger Rescued Tony Stark?
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2021, 04:29:55 pm »
That's not true. If we count the snap, hes died twice. Tony has died twice and if the we include zombies as dead, three times. If you include near death, Tony was dying for almost the entire second movie and near death with the shrapnel in his heart. And he died in Furys' What if episode.

In the Star lord episode the collector has Caps shield in his collection. We'll have to wait until a follow up to see if hes dead, but that plus being a zombie is twice.

Anybody who was snapped and became a zombie is twice.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 04:32:45 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2021, 04:46:56 pm »
there's a difference between Tony's dying and T'Challa who was in a coma and only survived because the HSH brought him from deaths door, he would of otherwise been dead.

The difference is Tony's story was told to completion so him dying the second time after he is done on the MCU isn't the same as T'Challa who's deaths have all been before his story has even been able to be told to completion, and he may be gone altogether from his own franchise, Which would make it 4 "deaths" the the span of 6 years and a grand total of a little over 3 hours of screen time in the MCU

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2021, 04:56:23 pm »
If his story is complete, than why do Tony fans are still fight to get him brought back. Plenty of shows get canceled before their stories get to evolve.
The first movie didnt end on a cliff hanger. It was a complete story. Can it be touched on more, sure, but if the movie flopped and they had no plans for a sequel, it be a complete story.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2021, 06:44:07 pm »
Because they like Tony. But as for his character arc, it was told to completion coming full circle with his line to Thanos as he did when he first said he is ironman.

The BP movie didn't end on a cliffhanger, and the story of the movie was complete, but it is not a complete character arc and There is going to be a sequel. Your comparing story completion with character arc and those are different things