Author Topic: Dear Mr. Hudlin - A thread to ask the questions only he can answer...  (Read 5409 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Dear Mr. Hudlin - A thread to ask the questions only he can answer...
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 09:24:00 am »
Oh lawd  >:(

Your Top 5 marvel stories/arcs/runs?

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 09:51:23 am »
Black Panther would beat the brakes off Doom to the point even the other super heroes are scared of Panther, leading to him against the world.  WWW.  World War Wakanda.

Oh my god.  We actually were supposed to have nice things..  :'(

We just needed you in charge for a few more months
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 10:08:28 am »
Now that.. would of been an event. Seriously I would love to see a Wakanda vs the world go on. They just need to let you stay on for another year to tell that story.

Last question for me at the moment, of marvel gave you another 6 part mini (let's say after the huge movie debut) what story would you tell to get people fresh off the hype of the movie into Tchallas story

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 10:38:18 am »
Hey RH great to see you poking your head in the BP forum again, I guess I'll follow up Tures question,

If you were still on board with Marvel what was your idea for the encounter after T'Challa was ambushed by Doom? Alot of people as you are likely aware, were very dissatisfied with Mayberrys ending as it felt insulting to see T'Challa not only lose S'yan (a great character I thought) and Wakandans, but also he gets his ass kicked by Doom then thanks him for teaching him and Wakanda a lesson before destroying the Vibranium.

So again what was your idea for round two for T'Challa and Doom

Black Panther would beat the brakes off Doom to the point even the other super heroes are scared of Panther, leading to him against the world.  WWW.  World War Wakanda.

Dear Mr Hudlin,

Having read your response as regards how things were supposed to have played out between T'Challa and Doom, why in the hell did Maberry go down the path he did by totally chomping T'Challa and the BP mythos out?

I really wish you hadn't left the BP book when you did because a succession of writers have more or less erased all of the tremendous work you did.

Ican't stand T'Challa as he's being portrayed now.

Offline marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 10:58:41 am »
Mr Hudlin, thanks for popping in to answer a few questions.

What I liked about your run was that you had T'Challa interact with the greater MU instead of just isolating him away in a small corner.

One of the things I would like to see is T'Challa having a better and stronger rogues gallery. Other than Klaw and Killmonger, there aren't many that really stand out. I've always said that BP needed his own Sinister Six, a team that could challenge him on every level. Are there any Marvel villains that you would have added to his list of rogues and if so, who?

Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 11:57:15 am »
Dear Mr. Hudlin.

Will you being doing any east coast conventions or book signings?

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 03:29:31 pm »

Oh my god.  We actually were supposed to have nice things..  :'(

We just needed you in charge for a few more months
What a great GIF!  Hilarious.

It would have been a MU level event.  Very complicated to plan and execute.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 03:32:59 pm »
Now that.. would of been an event. Seriously I would love to see a Wakanda vs the world go on. They just need to let you stay on for another year to tell that story.

Last question for me at the moment, of marvel gave you another 6 part mini (let's say after the huge movie debut) what story would you tell to get people fresh off the hype of the movie into Tchallas story

Oh man, I have no idea.  Depends on the story of the film.  I wrote WHO IS THE BLACK PANTHER so a fan who knew nothing could find out all they needed to know.  After the film, there will be a need for another trade that is a non-origin story that is accessible to the new fan.  Maybe one that involves high profile characters in the MCU.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 03:35:21 pm »
Hey RH great to see you poking your head in the BP forum again, I guess I'll follow up Tures question,

If you were still on board with Marvel what was your idea for the encounter after T'Challa was ambushed by Doom? Alot of people as you are likely aware, were very dissatisfied with Mayberrys ending as it felt insulting to see T'Challa not only lose S'yan (a great character I thought) and Wakandans, but also he gets his ass kicked by Doom then thanks him for teaching him and Wakanda a lesson before destroying the Vibranium.

So again what was your idea for round two for T'Challa and Doom

Dear Mr Hudlin,

Having read your response as regards how things were supposed to have played out between T'Challa and Doom, why in the hell did Maberry go down the path he did by totally chomping T'Challa and the BP mythos out?

I really wish you hadn't left the BP book when you did because a succession of writers have more or less erased all of the tremendous work you did.

Ican't stand T'Challa as he's being portrayed now.
We don't own these characters.  As writers, we each make our contribution to the greater mythos, and keep it moving. 

I remember all the Priest fans hating my run. 

Priest tells me about all the hate his run got. 

It's part of the job. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 03:40:55 pm »

What I liked about your run was that you had T'Challa interact with the greater MU instead of just isolating him away in a small corner.

One of the things I would like to see is T'Challa having a better and stronger rogues gallery. Other than Klaw and Killmonger, there aren't many that really stand out. I've always said that BP needed his own Sinister Six, a team that could challenge him on every level. Are there any Marvel villains that you would have added to his list of rogues and if so, who?
The real solution is to create more villains that have an organic relationship with the star of the book.  The truth is, most heroes don't have enough perfect opponents.  Batman has the most, and even his list gets weak three movies in.

It's easy to create those characters, but the major companies don't design fair compensation packages to justify giving them that much IP (intellectual property).  So you see the same characters from the pre-artists rights era. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 03:41:38 pm »
Dear Mr. Hudlin.

Will you being doing any east coast conventions or book signings?
I don't know yet. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 03:42:26 pm »

You mean the top 5 Marvel stories of all time?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 03:59:43 pm »

Oh man, I have no idea.  Depends on the story of the film.  I wrote WHO IS THE BLACK PANTHER so a fan who knew nothing could find out all they needed to know.  After the film, there will be a need for another trade that is a non-origin story that is accessible to the new fan.  Maybe one that involves high profile characters in the MCU.

Alright sorry let me change it up, if marvel greenlight whatever you wanted, (I'm talking Coates level promo and pushing)  and 2 seasons atleast of comics guaranteed with no fear of cancelation, and not Being able to finish your story, would you write BP for them again

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 04:06:52 pm »

You mean the top 5 Marvel stories of all time?

Yessir

Offline marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 04:22:44 pm »

The real solution is to create more villains that have an organic relationship with the star of the book.  The truth is, most heroes don't have enough perfect opponents.  Batman has the most, and even his list gets weak three movies in.

It's easy to create those characters, but the major companies don't design fair compensation packages to justify giving them that much IP (intellectual property).  So you see the same characters from the pre-artists rights era.

Honestly I'm kinda shocked that BP and HYDRA don't have many encounters. Flags of our Fathers touched on this(good min!) and it gave us a great villain with a great name -Armless Tiger-Man! He shouldbe in somebody's book somewhere.

I did my own fan-fic story with him titled ARMLESS TIGER MAN: ARMED TO THE TEETH!
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.