Poll

Should the MCU Recast T'Challa the Black Panther

Yes, for an actor who will further the Black Panther tradition started by Chadwick Boseman
7 (87.5%)
No, because there is no MCU Black Panther without Chadwick Boseman.
0 (0%)
Too soon for me to say.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: VIBRANIUM TRUMPET- Black Panther Legends Preview Introduces Original White Wolf!  (Read 45387 times)

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
As to the T’Challa-Storm connection, Marvel needs to seriously consider a T’Challa heir, IMHO. Their History, the Watcher’s presence at their wedding makes Storm the most logical partner.

Peace,

Mont

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
       I absolutely think that T'Chaka saturated the vibranium he gave CAP for CAP's shield with highly advanced information gathering and tracking akikauchatek [ Swahili for "psionics/ka/magic/tech ] which Outworlders have no chance of uncovering. Wheresoever that shield has gone, regardless of whoever carried it? They were providing first hand information to Wakanda. Furthermore? If push came to shove, that shield could be recalled to Wakanda instantaneously...regardless of the distance separating them [ remember that Vibranium connects to all energy matter and existence at subquantum levels ]. I asserted as much in my fanfic, too. That explanation? Makes perfect sense of all that has gone before, and underscores how badazz The Black Panthers are...specifically T'Chaka. 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 04:25:46 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
THE VIBRANIUM TRUMPET

The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***    The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***

BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...

The X-Men NEED a New Black Panther and Storm Marriage to Save Krakoa
In light of the X-Men's recent cosmic exploits, a reunion between Storm and Black Panther would be of great benefit to Wakanda and Krakoa.

BY NABEEL GABER

WARNING: The following contains spoilers for S.W.O.R.D. #6 by Al Ewing, Valerio Schiti, Marte Gracia & VC's Ariana Maher, on sale now.

While the X-Men and Marvel's mutants have been hated and feared by most of the Marvel Universe for decades, it seems like the world, along with the rest of the Solar System, has generally accepted their nation Krakoa's presence. However, some nations have blatantly rejected Krakoa, including Wakanda. While this might pose a serious issue for the mutants, it's a problem that could be solved by reuniting Storm and Black Panther to cement a political alliance between their two nations.

Wakanda's rejection of Krakoa has been prevalent since 2019's House of X #5, by Jonathan Hickman and Pepe Larraz. Among the few nations who rejected Krakoa's treaty, Wakanda stuck out, claiming they had no need for Krakoa's miracle drugs. Additionally, in the recent S.W.O.R.D. #6, the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda rejected Krakoa's offer of mysterium to different galactic societies, claiming they did not need "mutant metal."

These claims are almost exactly the same, showing a sense of Wakandan pride and a hint of disdain for the mutant nation. These rejections are glaring, since they're both marked in red, emphasizing how Wakanda, especially, won't work with Krakoa. This could be a problem, considering Wakanda's immense power as a nation. Recent events, however, open up the possibility for cooperation between the two nations. When Storm is declared the Regent of Mars, for example, she refers to herself as Hadari Yao, a Wakandan goddess.

The name itself means "Walker of the Clouds," a goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things. Storm was dubbed Hadari Yao by the Wakandans in 2017's Black Panther #17, by Ta Nehisi-Coates and Chris Sprouse. This specific name serves as a reminder of Storm's connection with Wakanda. Even after her marriage to T'Challa dissolved, Ororo maintained a strong bond with the Wakandans, seen as a goddess and a queen among the nation's people.

Due to this history as the former Queen of Wakanda, Storm has an advantage that other mutants simply don't. In using her name of Hadari Yao, Storm demonstrates that she hasn't forgotten her link with Wakanda. With this reminder, it's possible that Storm could reunite with T'Challa, resurrecting a relationship that never truly died to bring Wakanda and Krakoa together as natural political allies. Ororo and T'Challa clearly miss each other as well, making this a personal and political opportunity.

It's true that things have been strained with Storm and Black Panther, especially after Ororo stole Skybreaker, a Wakandan sword, in 2020's Marauders #13, by Vita Ayala and Matteo Lolli. Even so, T'Challa showed then that he was willing to work with Storm, and he would do anything for her. Now that Storm has such an important position, she has the ability to reach out and reconcile with T'Challa, uniting Krakoa and Wakanda.

Whether their reunion is romantic or merely political, Storm and Black Panther would be the only two people who could connect their two nations. This union would be perfect, as Krakoa would gain a powerful new ally, while Wakanda would regain their former queen and goddess.

Storm's use of her Wakandan goddess name, juxtaposed with Wakanda's rejection of Krakoa's mysterium, could hint at a reunion between Ororo and T'Challa in the near future. The two rulers might not remarry, but there could at least be a conversation surrounding their personal and political relationship.

Even if they don't get back together, it's still possible that Storm and Black Panther will form an official treaty between Krakoa and Wakanda, restoring peace between the two nations. This kind of peace is sorely needed between Krakoa and Wakanda, considering the immense power of both nations.

Any union, even a political one, would be deeply impactful for lasting peace. The recent Black Panther run is a great example, as Storm has often appeared, not just to briefly reconcile with T'Challa, but also to help the nation of Wakanda.

Similarly, if Storm and Black Panther were to remarry, it might serve a higher purpose, uniting Krakoa and Wakanda in a way that cements Krakoa's place in the world. This political alliance would prove helpful, considering the looming danger of "Inferno" in the coming months.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-needs-black-panther-storm-marriage/

Since I very purposefully fled all things TurnCoates as if Hickman-inspired New Incursions and velociraptors were chasing me, I had no idea about this Hadari Yao until I read it above.

I must admit: I like it. It's one of the few things that TurnCoates has done that I like. I'm not a hater, I will say if I like his work when he does something htt I do like...why would I not? It's so rare that I see anything of his that's actually worth something [ visavis T'Challa The Black Panther; not his other social/political works ].

But at the same time? I think that TurnCoates took creative license with Storm's name. Mai Tafiya Hadari Yao means "A Storm Walker" in Hausa. By dropping the "Mai Tafiya" and spinning the Hausa into Wakandan, Coates created the whole "Walker of the Clouds" thing.

And everyone knows that I never stopped shipping T'CHORO. Sooo...yayyyy!

Now. With that out of the way? Please tell me that I'm not the only one who sees where this union would inevitably put 616 Earth.

The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda+Krakoa would be assailed by the rest of the world. And various cosmic and interdimensional entities.

It's the Infinity War 2. It's CIVIL WAR 3. It's THE INTERGALACTIC X-TINCTION AGENDA. It's THE ANNIHILATION WAVE. It's The Phoenix End Song 2. All rolled into one.

And among other things? It will reunite T'Challa and Reed Richards, and unite Shuri, Susan Richards, Lunella, Valeria, Pepper Potts, Moira McTaggart and Riri for the first time.

IT'S THE 8TH REALITY WAR.

Or something like that. IF! IF! They don't job us. And. IF! IF! They play it out and milk it. And it could very conveniently burst upon us when BP WAKANDA FOREVER drops...or thereabouts.

Does anyone else see something similar?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 04:50:48 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
 I've really not been reading comics of late. What's INFERNO?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Sorry but no, reuniting T'Challa and Storm only helps Storm. We have seen this since the marriage. The only benefactor had been Storm. Even the most recent sword issue, with Doom bringing up T'Challa, who did it benefit? Storm.

Forget that, keep them apart. T'Challa hasn't been in a healthy relationship since Storm while Storm had ran to the arms of multiple men since the divorce. Let T'Challa get his groove back. Let the man move on with a LI that will benefit HIM and his mythos, to which his franchise has full creative control over. This whole "Power couple" has literally cost T'Challa and Wakanda and I am tired of see my favorite character foot the bill. Especially while said benefactor has been leeching off the mythos for years now while simultaneously throwing shade.

The ship has sailed, been torched, sank to the Mariana trench, and crushed by the immense pressure. Let's not waste anymore resources trying to bring it back

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Sorry but no, reuniting T'Challa and Storm only helps Storm. We have seen this since the marriage. The only benefactor had been Storm. Even the most recent sword issue, with Doom bringing up T'Challa, who did it benefit? Storm.

Forget that, keep them apart. T'Challa hasn't been in a healthy relationship since Storm while Storm had ran to the arms of multiple men since the divorce. Let T'Challa get his groove back. Let the man move on with a LI that will benefit HIM and his mythos, to which his franchise has full creative control over. This whole "Power couple" has literally cost T'Challa and Wakanda and I am tired of see my favorite character foot the bill. Especially while said benefactor has been leeching off the mythos for years now while simultaneously throwing shade.

The ship has sailed, been torched, sank to the Mariana trench, and crushed by the immense pressure. Let's not waste anymore resources trying to bring it back

I'm going to say imo that definitively. Definitively. The possibility of their even being a T'Choro and the results of T'Choro depends on the author and how much juice with 616 Editorial s/he has via the author's written contract allows. Without any kind of doubt, both CJP and most especially our own R to the H elevated both characters with their vision of and writing of their union. Imo far far and away R to the H...with big props to our transitioned ancestor, McDuffie [ who doesn't get enough credit nor enough mentions for his outstanding works and vision ] and yes our other transitioned ancestor Eric Jerome Dickey, whose STORM miniseries was a thousand times better more compelling more realistic and imo more respectful [ despite the "controversial" implied sex scene, which isn't at all controversial and I daresay reflective of the sexual awakening and first sexual congress of many if not at some recent or current time most teens ] than all previous depictions ...wrote the most dazzling T'Choro. All subsequent depictions of T'Choro should follow the foundation, respect and protections set by this quadrumvirate.

If our Redjack wrote T'Choro? I bet you'd like and support it. Why? Because Redjack's T'Choro doesn't demean T'Challa in order to elevate Storm, or vice versa. Have you read Ture's 710 Universe depiction? His T'Choro is dope as hell. I bet that if by some miracle you missed his iteration and if you read it on HEF right now? You wouldn't be averse to it. I might opine that if you read your humble Supreme Illuminati's iteration of T'Choro, your chances of liking it...or at least NOT OPPOSING it...might be better than 60%, because none of your "deal breaker" issues exist in my iteration.

And that's the real crux of your and most other objections, if I understand you aright. If I'm wrong? Please correct me, brother. I'd appreciate that. But it's my understanding that if your concerns are met and put to rest, you wouldn't have a problem with T'Choro.

Whereas all of us...whatever our position on LGBTQ...would have a violent rejection of any narrative pairing T'Challa with say...the son of Mendinao. Because no matter how well it's written, T'Challa is emphatically NOT gay and such a narrative would be a violent betrayal of T'Challa's character. Even a alternative dimension Multiversal gay T'Challa would meet stiff resistance, and imo deservedly so.

So. Brother Ezyo Auditore ya Afrika. Am I right in suggesting that your concerns are not really centered upon the existence of T'Choro per se, but rather what such a situation has resulted in when authors like Redjack, Narcisse, Priest, Hudlin, McDuffie, Dickey, etc aren't the authors of and in control of such a union? Yes? No?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 11:59:10 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Apologies for the strikethrough above; Idk how to remove it...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 08:06:02 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Apologies for the strikethrough above; Idk how to remove it...

Try editing your post; remove the brackets inside your paragraphs; the HTML engine 'thinks' you are sending a strikethrough command.

Hope my suggestion helps, Supreme.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
THE VIBRANIUM TRUMPET

The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***    The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***

BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...

Movies in Clark Park - Black Panther
FRIDAY, AUGUST 6TH AT SUNDOWN

It's WAKANDA FOREVER in Clark Park! Join us as we kick off our 2021 Movies in Clark Park series with Black Panther, the smash hit in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, after rain forced us to cancel our planned screening in 2018. Black Panther tells the tale of T'Challa, the King of Wakanda, as he rises to the throne in the isolated, technologically advanced African nation, but must battle when his claim is challenged by a threatening outsider.

This film is rated PG-13 for violence and language. Runtime 2 hours and 14 minutes.

RSVP HERE

https://www.universitycity.org/events/movies

Marvel Studios' Black Panther In Concert with the Mann Center Festival Orchestra
September 25, 2021 at 8:00PM

Join us on September 25 as Movies @ the Mann continues with Marvel Studios' Black Panther In Concert! Don't miss the East Coast premiere of the complete film as the musical score is performed live by the Mann Center Festival Orchestra. In 2018, Marvel Studios’ Black Panther quickly became a global sensation and cultural phenomenon, showing a new dimension of what superhero films could be. Rolling Stone raved, “The film lights up the screen with a full-throttle blast of action and fun. That’s to be expected. But what sneaks up and floors you is the film’s racial conscience and profound, astonishing beauty.” Now you can relive the excitement of T’Challa becoming king and battling Killmonger all while the Mann Center Festival Orchestra performs Ludwig Göransson’s Oscar® and Grammy®-winning score live to picture. Picnics welcome!

Tickets are on sale now via Ticketmaster.com, (800) 982-2787, or the Mann Box Office.
https://manncenter.org/events/2021-09-25/black-panther-concert

Family Movie Nights at Joyner Park

Black Panther - August 7 ~ 8:30 pm
E. Carroll Joyner Park, 701 Harris Road
You're invited to enjoy a movie under the stars!

The Wake Forest Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources (PRCR) Department is pleased to offer Family Movie Nights at Joyner Park featuring Marvel's Black Panther.

Showtime is 8:30 p.m. Anyone planning to attend is urged to arrive early as viewing space may be limited.

https://www.wakeforestnc.gov/meetings-events/family-movie-nights-joyner-park

Summer Movies Under the Stars - Black Panther
August 19: Black Panther (Films begin shortly after sundown)

It's time to head back to Prospect Park for the annual series, A Summer Movie Under the Stars. Hosted by Brooklyn Magazine, Prospect Park Alliance and the office of the Brooklyn Borough President, the series kicks off Thursday, July 29, and runs for four consecutive Thursdays through August 19, at the north end of the Prospect Park Long Meadow. Each movie screening is free and open to the public and RSVPs are not required for entry.

Black Panther (2018) - August 19
T'Challa, heir to the advanced yet hidden kingdom of Wakanda, must step forward to lead his people into a new future and must confront a challenger from the past.

https://www.prospectpark.org/news-events/news/2021-summer-movies-announced/

I still enjoy seeing Black Panther outdoors. This has been going on since 2018. This movie is already a classic. Not to mention I just saw a child in full Black Panther costume yesterday coming out of the super market. Black Panther Forever!!!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 12:21:50 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER'S VIBRANIUM TRUMPET - BP Movie Still a Summer Favorite!
« Reply #204 on: August 05, 2021, 08:47:35 pm »

What are your choices for a T'Challa Recast? Here's my top 5 list

Sope Dirisu
Trevante Rhodes
Yahya Mateen
Y'Ian Noel
Damson Idris

Honorable mentions Nathan Mitchell and JDW
[/quote]

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2021, 10:01:55 pm »
I actually chose Atandwa Kani, since he already played a young T'Chaka in the first BP movie.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #206 on: August 06, 2021, 09:39:36 am »
I've been thinking long and hard on who to recast as T'Challa. Your list has some potentials Ezyo. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, I think will be doing Black Manta for awhile and may even get a spin off. Should Black Adam prove successful the same could apply to Aldis Hodge with his upcoming Hawkman role. These two would be on my list but I feel they may be out of contention. Sope Dirisu and Trevante Rhodes works are unknown to me, I'll have to watch some of their films to get some perspective. Damson Idris I liked and thought of him as a potential recast after seeing him in Outside the Wire. Y'lan Noel was boss in the First Purge and was another potential.

Truth be told, I was iffy about Robert Downey Jr and thought Ed Norton was going to kill it. We see how that turned out. I liked Chadwick Boseman because he was an craftsman when it came to playing roles distinctly different from one another. The gravitas he bought to the Black Panther has set a very high bar. The same held true for Heath Ledger's Joker. Like Joaquin Phoenix the next actor to play T'Challa will have to distinctly own the role to be seen as a viable iteration and not just a substitute.

Since we have some time (perhaps a couple years) til T'Challa's cinematic resurgence I'll keep searching.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #207 on: August 06, 2021, 09:47:25 am »

DiscussingFilm
@DiscussingFilm
‘BLACK PANTHER’ has become the 12th film to join the One Million Watched Club on
@Letterboxd

courtesy of CBR's Klaue's Mixtape
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1423440329970171906

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 06, 2021, 12:00:51 pm »
I actually chose Atandwa Kani, since he already played a young T'Chaka in the first BP movie.

I thought about him, too...but Idk how well he handles action. Does anybody have any information about that? Also...I like the idea of WESLEY SNIPES playing a Variant T'Challa. Like I said maybe this Variant is the Herald of Eternity like in the 616, this Variant becomes aware of the dangers befalling our 616 Wakanda and both abdicates his post as Herald AND initiates whatever temporal shenanigans necessary to send a Variant of himself back to Wakanda.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 06, 2021, 04:45:04 pm »
I've been thinking long and hard on who to recast as T'Challa…

Since we have some time (perhaps a couple years) til T'Challa's cinematic resurgence I'll keep searching.

Are you surmising with any enlightened insight Brother Ture?

I have been thinking about the decision to honor Chadwick Boseman by not recasting T’Challa and believe it is a decision that may actually stonewall the growth of his legacy as the first actor to bring T’Challa to his widest audience with depth and gravitas via the cinema. Talk about a tough act to follow, not recasting would seem to save Marvel and the production the embarrassment of not finding a successor who could do justice to what Boseman established more than benefit his legacy. Consider that Sean Connery, who admittedly survived several stints as 007, established a global legacy as the man who defined the iconic character in such a memorable way that caused the performance of each of his successors to be measured against the original. The success of the franchise demanded a charisma and quality approaching that of the original. How could that be an affront to Boseman? How could recasting not be seen as a chance to pay tribute to the man, the original, T’Challa, the Black Panther?

My Two Cents.

Peace,

Mont

« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 05:55:32 pm by Kimoyo »