Poll

Should the MCU Recast T'Challa the Black Panther

Yes, for an actor who will further the Black Panther tradition started by Chadwick Boseman
7 (87.5%)
No, because there is no MCU Black Panther without Chadwick Boseman.
0 (0%)
Too soon for me to say.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: VIBRANIUM TRUMPET- Black Panther Legends #1- Hunter Returns!  (Read 47991 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Black Panther Legends Introduces Readers to the Original White Wolf (Preview)
An exclusive preview of the young readers Black Panther Legends series reintroduces fans to Hunter, who became Marvel's original White Wolf.
BY TIM ADAMS

T'Challa, the King of Wakanda, is set to star in a new young readers miniseries titled Black Panther Legends, and a preview of the debut issue reintroduces Marvel's original White Wolf. CBR has the exclusive first look at Black Panther Legends #1 by author Tochi Onyebuchi (Beasts Made of Night, Riot Baby), New York Times-bestselling illustrator Setor Fiadzigbey (Bunheads) and colorist Paris Alleyne. The preview pages feature a young T'Challa and Hunter, with the latter growing up to take on the White Wolf mantle.

T'Challa and Hunter are shown having a brotherly bond as they run together through the Wakandan landscape, survey the city's technological advances, and share a special moment with King T'Chaka as he gazes at his Black Panther costume.

Created by Christopher Priest and Mark Texeira, White Wolf debuted in 1998's Black Panther #4. King T'Chaka adopted Hunter after his parents died in a plane crash just outside the Wakanda border. Even though he was viewed as an outcast, Hunter grew to love Wakanda. He developed a rivalry with T'Challa after he was born, since he was the next in line to become king after T'Chaka. Hunter would go on to lead the Hatut Zeraze, a special Wakandan police force.

A post-credits scene in 2018's Black Panther revealed Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier was nicknamed the White Wolf while he was rehabilitated from his Hydra brainwashing. He was also jokingly referred to as White Wolf in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Black Panther Legends #1 goes on sale Oct. 13 from Marvel Comics.

Black Panther Legends #1
Written by Tochi Onyebuchi
Art by Setor Fiadzigbey
Colors by Paris Alleyne
Cover by Setor Fiadzigbey

Dive into the legend of the Black Panther in this new origin story by acclaimed author Tochi Onyebuchi and New York Times-bestselling illustrator Setor Fiadzigbey, perfect for middle grade readers!

TíChalla and Hunter are brothers growing up in the idyllic royal palace of Wakanda. Theirs goes beyond the usual sibling rivalry, though Ė Hunter, although older, is adopted, and TíChalla is the true heir to the throne. Both brothers wrestle with fairness and the future, readying themselves for responsibility, when tragedy strikes and takes the choice from them.

This new series, ideal for young fans and loyal readers alike, will explore the moments that make TíChalla who he is, from his adventurous upbringing to his walkabout as a teen where he meets the enchanting Ororo Munroe before she becomes the legendary Storm, to when he first invites the Fantastic Four into Wakanda! Son, Brother, Warrior, King Ė as each chapter unfolds, new pieces of TíChallaís character will be revealed and the Black Panther will emerge.
32 PGS./Rated T+ Ö$3.99

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-legends-original-white-wolf/

In the MCU they should do a Mandarin and have Hunter confront Bucky for using his name.

If they are doing the FF introduction then this writer better come correct and properly shoe an updated version of the fight between them. This is a chance to make it a clear cut win without interruptions and have T'Challa simply end it as he deems himself ready for Klaw.

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/09/15/marvels-avengers-has-sold-better-than-you-think-this-year/?sh=90250351c961

Looks like the king saved a game that was thought to be dead. Now the best way they can thank TíChalla is to give him his own game.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The sequel to "The Young Prince" comes out this month.

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Good catch CvilleWakandan. I am pleased to see so much reading material for young people based on the Black Panther. I need to read some more of it to see what kind of stories they are telling.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: VIBRANIUM TRUMPET- Black Panther Legends New Preview!
« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2021, 05:40:31 pm »
SNEAK PEEK: EXCLUSIVE Preview of Marvelís BLACK PANTHER LEGENDS #1 (OF 4)
Ross Hutchinson

TíChalla and Hunter are brothers growing up in the idyllic royal palace of Wakanda. Theirs goes beyond the usual sibling rivalry, though Ė Hunter, although older, is adopted, and TíChalla is the true heir to the throne. Both brothers wrestle with fairness and the future, readying themselves for responsibility, when tragedy strikes and takes the choice from them.

This new series, ideal for young fans and loyal readers alike, will explore the moments that make TíChalla who he is, from his adventurous upbringing to his walkabout as a teen where he meets the enchanting Ororo Munroe before she becomes the legendary Storm, to when he first invites the Fantastic Four into Wakanda! Son, Brother, Warrior, King Ė as each chapter unfolds, new pieces of TíChallaís character will be revealed and the Black Panther will emerge.

Variant cover by Nelson Blake II

Variant by Brian Stelfreeze

In stores Wednesday 13 October

https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-peek-exclusive-preview-of-marvels-black-panther-legends-1-of-4/amp?__twitter_impression=true

courtesy of CBR's Mindofshadow

MORE BP COMIC NEWS!!!

Shuri Becomes Black Panther In Stunning Comic Cover
Shuri stars as Black Panther in a stunning variant cover from David Nakayama that brings the Wakandan Marvel Comics hero to life.

BY LIAM MCGUIRE

In a new version of an iconic cover from David Nakayama starring Shuri, the Wakandan hero shines as Black Panther. In the photorealistic variant cover, Shuri wears her own Black Panther costume, fitted with a long cape, fur accents, and her beautiful hair flowing as she's not wearing her mask. The new version of the cover is a part of Unknown Comics' fifth-anniversary celebration.

In the comics, Shuri is the sister to the leading Black Panther, T'Challa. The Princess of Wakanda is the heiress to the throne, whose genius-level intellect has been integral in the city's technological innovation and assisting her brother. After T'Challa is nearly killed, Shuri vies to become the new Black Panther, completing the necessary trials. However, she isn't granted the powers of the Black Panther due to her jealousy of her brother. However, the Panther God eventually gives her the abilities and official role after Shuri saves Wakanda and helps bring T'Challa back to life. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Shuri is played by actress Letitia Wright. Rumors have suggested Shuri will become the next Black Panther in the MCU following the passing of Chadwick Boseman.

The cover is an updated version of a cover set to appear on the upcoming Black Panther #1 by John Ridley and Juan Cabal. On his website, Nakayama explained that the comic-accurate image started off as fan art based on the storyline where T'Challa is taken out of commission and Shuri rises in his place. Marvel's Black Panther series is set to relaunch later this year in an action-packed series set to change T'Challa's life forever.

For fans of Black Panther and Shuri, it's a must-pick-up. For those hopeful she follows her path in the comics and replaces T'Challa as Black Panther, the cover might be an unintentional tease at what might come next in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. For those wanting to get the stunning variant cover starring Shuri's Black Panther, it's available to order now on the Unknown Comics website.

https://screenrant.com/shuri-black-panther-stunning-cover-marvel/

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 05:42:04 pm by Ture »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Seems like they used Panthers' Quest cartoon as inspiration for their relationship. If the writer doesn't adjust their dynamic as they get older, it will be as bad as the cartoons was.

I like the art and the way they chose to draw the city is the best it's been in years. Advanced, but earthy.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 02:41:22 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Christopher Priest and Brian Stelfreeze are scheduled for Baltimore Comicon the weekend of October 22nd.

I only need 10 or so books signed and I'll have Priests' signature on his whole BP run. 1-12 are signed TPB.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Seems like they used Panthers' Quest cartoon as inspiration for their relationship. If the writer doesn't adjust their dynamic as they get older, it will be as bad as the cartoons was.

I like the art and the way they chose to draw the city is the best it's been in years. Advanced, but earthy.

I think their relationship is going to filled with conflict and adversity. There is a lot to play with and I liked what Priest did with the two of them and hope to see some development and complexity added even though this is a YA comic book.

Christopher Priest and Brian Stelfreeze are scheduled for Baltimore Comicon the weekend of October 22nd.

I only need 10 or so books signed and I'll have Priests' signature on his whole BP run. 1-12 are signed TPB.

Whoa! Now that is impressive. Makes me want to get some signatures. I meant to get Reginald Hudlin's back when he was signing off on his BP animated DVD. Blown opportunity.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I think their relationship is going to filled with conflict and adversity. There is a lot to play with and I liked what Priest did with the two of them and hope to see some development and complexity added even though this is a YA comic book.

Whoa! Now that is impressive. Makes me want to get some signatures. I meant to get Reginald Hudlin's back when he was signing off on his BP animated DVD. Blown opportunity.

An adversarial relationship is what I'd want, but in these two preview issues Hunter is getting the better of Tchalla. I'd hope it be an equal back and forth. But if they had made Tchalla ten and Hunter eighteen, it'd make sense. But they stole a lot from Thors' first movie.  The scene where Odin is talking to a young Thir and Loki.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Yeah, I don't care for this deal that hunter is getting the one up over T'Challa, especially if they are shortening the age gap between them and making hunter only 5 years older. It doesn't bode well, what been shown on the preview so far, hunter getting the one up on T'Challa, T'Chaka being the one who's pushing the opening of Wakanda instead of T'Challa. Don't like these retcons

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

An adversarial relationship is what I'd want, but in these two preview issues Hunter is getting the better of Tchalla. I'd hope it be an equal back and forth. But if they had made Tchalla ten and Hunter eighteen, it'd make sense. But they stole a lot from Thors' first movie.  The scene where Odin is talking to a young Thir and Loki.

Agreed, though I don't remember much about Thor's first cinematic outing, I don't want to witness Hunter, Ororo nor the Fantastic Four getting the better of T'Challa.

With regards to the White Wolf, in the Priest era Hunter was significantly older than T'Challa.

In Black Panther's Quest they appeared much closer in age.

For this story (and most all BP tales) to really work they are going to have to let T'Challa shine as a scientific and technological genius; a phenom of martial arts and combat and spiritually in sync with the powers of the Panther spirit.

One of the challenges I think Priest inflicted upon himself was making sure his Black Panther had space for white people. White girlfriend, white adopted brother, white government attache. While turnabout maybe fair play as this maybe akin to Batman's Lucius Fox and Spider-man's Robbie Robertson it was unnecessary as those BP characters would have fleshed out better if they were indeed Afrakan (so called black). Priest's exposition of Hunter post his origin is what brought life to the character and prevented him from falling into the Tarzan/KaZar trope.

Since the race aspects of Ross, Hunter and Nikki were never played upon there was no real need to make them white. A "black" Ross would have worked wonders due to his perspective as a CIA operative assigned to a "black" king of an unconquered nation. "Black" Hunter coming from a neighboring country too would have really spiced things up. Imagine T'Challa's educational exploration of the west taking him to an HBCU and meeting "black" Nikki.

So while in the 616 we will have to see what develops within the pages of Black Panther Legends.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Yeah, I don't care for this deal that hunter is getting the one up over T'Challa, especially if they are shortening the age gap between them and making hunter only 5 years older. It doesn't bode well, what been shown on the preview so far, hunter getting the one up on T'Challa, T'Chaka being the one who's pushing the opening of Wakanda instead of T'Challa. Don't like these retcons

I concur. It seems that where T'Challa the Black Panther is concerned there is too often some kind of trepidation with regards to letting him be his best self.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I concur. It seems that where T'Challa the Black Panther is concerned there is too often some kind of trepidation with regards to letting him be his best self.

That's in most fiction. The difference I think with Priest and Hudlin, is that their highs are so memorable that the lows can be easily forgotten. So when other writers tell avenger stories using the same formula, it's more obvious. Also writers think it's a more compelling story if they show other people getting the best of the main character until the end. The problem is most don't write good endings(something that is already difficult to pull off)so it seems like the entire story was a waste. And I tend to give leeway if the book isn't the main characters. I'd expect for Black Cat to get the best of Spider-Man in her book even though I know it would go differently in his.

Panthers Quest did a lot of people getting the better if Tchalla and the ending was uninspired.

Even Game if Thrones is average until the second to last episode of the season. That's when it hits the fan and all the previous episodes become valuable. Especially on rewatch, because you already know what each step is leading up to. They just keep people entertained with nudity and gore until then. Lol
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 12:15:45 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

That's in most fiction. The difference I think with Priest and Hudlin, is that their highs are so memorable that the lows can be easily forgotten. So when other writers tell avenger stories using the same formula, it's more obvious. Also writers think it's a more compelling story if they show other people getting the best of the main character until the end. The problem is most don't write good endings(something that is already difficult to pull off)so it seems like the entire story was a waste. And I tend to give leeway if the book isn't the main characters. I'd expect for Black Cat to get the best of Spider-Man in her book even though I know it would go differently in his.

Panthers Quest did a lot of people getting the better if Tchalla and the ending was uninspired.

Even Game if Thrones is average until the second to last episode of the season. That's when it hits the fan and all the previous episodes become valuable. Especially on rewatch, because you already know what each step is leading up to. They just keep people entertained with nudity and gore until then. Lol

I disagree slightly, In PQ, Redjack made villains more formidable, but none really got the better of T'Challa straight up. Especially not Hunter. All except for 3 and all 3 have reason: Winter Soldier, Zanda, and Bask. WS won because T'Challa needed to one locate Klaw, and two, WS was getting reckless and despite being a hero he was willing to potentially kill innocent people to take down T'Challa. Hence why in round 2 T'Challa beat both his and Tony's asses simultaneously in their tag team against him because there wasn't innocents or information to gain so he could focus on defeating them and getting back to Wakanda.

Zanda and Bask both have the same "problem" T'Challa must face for both of them. That is them being female. In a kids show, you bet your ass they are not going to shoe a male character beating down a female characters as it will appear to promote violence against women. That's why in the episode where T'Challa team's up with Kamala and Zanda appears and is getting worked, it was obvious to me (Which I even pointed out to Redjack) that T'Challa wasn't actually fighting Zanda, Redjack said she was a superior fighter, but it only appeared that way because of you watch, T'Challa is using more throws and grapples to subdue Zanda rather than actually fighting like we see all thoughout the other episodes against male characters. And Which why Kamala handily bests her is because she is female.

You can have female characters beat the brakes off female characters AND makes characters, you cannot do the same for male characters. This also happens when T'Challa and Shuri are trying to escape as well, CM and Kamala  get outsmarted and beaten by the WK siblings and T'Challa doesn't really throw any punches, but Shuri does.

The ending was uninspired and Redjack made a unfortunate mistake making Bask female instead of  Bashenga having a brother. It was a no win situation for T'Challa because of that since he has no way of beating her when she challenged for the throne outside of getting her to yield via submission while she is straight going for the kill, it's Zanda all over again except this time he doesn't have a female character to throw the punches for him.

Throughout the series though T'Challa got many solid wins. Some characters he usually easily beats were tougher and that's fine because your don't want the hero just moonwalking over everyone, and they were scaled UP rather than T'Challa being nerfed. It's just Bask being the big bad at the end was the biggest mistake.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 09:35:57 am by Ezyo »

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
So having a male character beat a female villain apparently promotes violence against women. And yet nobody thinks this whenever Batman throws hands with Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy or when Thor fought Hela.