Author Topic: Dear Mr. Hudlin - A thread to ask the questions only he can answer...  (Read 5410 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: Dear Mr. Hudlin - A thread to ask the questions only he can answer...
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2017, 11:01:32 pm »
BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...BREAKING NEWS...

The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***    The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***

REGINALD HUDLIN BREAKS HIS SILENCE

The HEF is on fire due to the increased activity generated by true Black Panther enthusiasts, some of whom migrated from CBR. The exodus was led by HEF's own Ezyo and brought over some of the best posters and thread starters CBR had to offer. This flurry of posts caught the attention of one R to the H (trademark Supreme Illuminati, used with permission... we hope)  and we got the exclusive.

After years of coping with the disaster that was Doomwar and witnessing T'Challa's pathetically pyrrhic victory over Doom, Mr. Hudlin told us what he had in store for the Black Panther v Doom round three and we quote.

Hey RH great to see you poking your head in the BP forum again, I guess I'll follow up Ture's question,

If you were still on board with Marvel what was your idea for the encounter after T'Challa was ambushed by Doom? Alot of people as you are likely aware, were very dissatisfied with Mayberrys ending as it felt insulting to see T'Challa not only lose S'yan (a great character I thought) and Wakandans, but also he gets his ass kicked by Doom then thanks him for teaching him and Wakanda a lesson before destroying the Vibranium.

So again what was your idea for round two for T'Challa and Doom

Mr. Hudlin's reply was one of unprecedented proportions and the wish fulfillment of all BP fans. He said.

Black Panther would beat the brakes off Doom to the point even the other super heroes are scared of Panther, leading to him against the world.  WWW.  World War Wakanda.

It was Mortal Man whom exemplified the feelings of us all the best.

Black Panther would beat the brakes off Doom to the point even the other super heroes are scared of Panther, leading to him against the world.  WWW.  World War Wakanda.

Oh my god.  We actually were supposed to have nice things..  :'(

We just needed you in charge for a few more months

The question we ask Mr. Hudlin...  is it still possible? Will World of Wakanda become World War Wakanda? Inquiring minds want to know.

Shout to all those who made this thread grow. Special thanks to Ezyo for the follow up and extra special appreciation and gratitude to Reginald Hudlin for providing the forum and interacting with us.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2017, 04:56:16 am »
HEF is the only place for true BP enthusiasts to discuss in a troll free environment.

Heads really need to get out of that CBR Stockholm Syndrome.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2017, 11:21:11 am »
HEF is the only place for true BP enthusiasts to discuss in a troll free environment.

Heads really need to get out of that CBR Stockholm Syndrome.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2017, 08:48:48 am »
Mr. Hudlin,

In light of the BP franchise's increasing popularity, have you considered bringing back the BP animated series?

Besides the series being great work overall, I felt it was a great way to introduce people to T'Challa and the BP-verse, while greatly contributing in increasing the BP-verse's profile.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:54:11 am by The Wakandan »

Offline Things Fall Apart

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2017, 12:26:57 pm »
Mr Hudlin, thanks for popping in to answer a few questions.

What I liked about your run was that you had T'Challa interact with the greater MU instead of just isolating him away in a small corner.

One of the things I would like to see is T'Challa having a better and stronger rogues gallery. Other than Klaw and Killmonger, there aren't many that really stand out. I've always said that BP needed his own Sinister Six, a team that could challenge him on every level. Are there any Marvel villains that you would have added to his list of rogues and if so, who?
The real solution is to create more villains that have an organic relationship with the star of the book.  The truth is, most heroes don't have enough perfect opponents.  Batman has the most, and even his list gets weak three movies in.

It's easy to create those characters, but the major companies don't design fair compensation packages to justify giving them that much IP (intellectual property).  So you see the same characters from the pre-artists rights era.

Honestly I'm kinda shocked that BP and HYDRA don't have many encounters. Flags of our Fathers touched on this(good min!) and it gave us a great villain with a great name -Armless Tiger-Man! He shouldbe in somebody's book somewhere.

I did my own fan-fic story with him titled ARMLESS TIGER MAN: ARMED TO THE TEETH!

I don't know if he's directly related to ATM, but there is a new guy in the new Iron Fist book that is clearly inspired by him.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2017, 12:58:52 pm »
Now that.. would of been an event. Seriously I would love to see a Wakanda vs the world go on. They just need to let you stay on for another year to tell that story.

Last question for me at the moment, of marvel gave you another 6 part mini (let's say after the huge movie debut) what story would you tell to get people fresh off the hype of the movie into Tchallas story

Oh man, I have no idea.  Depends on the story of the film.  I wrote WHO IS THE BLACK PANTHER so a fan who knew nothing could find out all they needed to know.  After the film, there will be a need for another trade that is a non-origin story that is accessible to the new fan.  Maybe one that involves high profile characters in the MCU.

Alright sorry let me change it up, if marvel greenlight whatever you wanted, (I'm talking Coates level promo and pushing)  and 2 seasons atleast of comics guaranteed with no fear of cancelation, and not Being able to finish your story, would you write BP for them again
Never say never, I love BP, but that's not really what Marvel does.  They move writers around to avoid burn out.  Personally, I'm focused more on creator owned properties.  Mark Millar is very inspiring to me. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2017, 01:00:16 pm »
Oh lawd  >:(

Your Top 5 marvel stories/arcs/runs?
You mean the top 5 Marvel stories of all time?

Yessir
Okay...damn.  I got to put real thought into that.  Can't answer too quickly. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2017, 01:01:49 pm »
Mr Hudlin, thanks for popping in to answer a few questions.

What I liked about your run was that you had T'Challa interact with the greater MU instead of just isolating him away in a small corner.

One of the things I would like to see is T'Challa having a better and stronger rogues gallery. Other than Klaw and Killmonger, there aren't many that really stand out. I've always said that BP needed his own Sinister Six, a team that could challenge him on every level. Are there any Marvel villains that you would have added to his list of rogues and if so, who?
The real solution is to create more villains that have an organic relationship with the star of the book.  The truth is, most heroes don't have enough perfect opponents.  Batman has the most, and even his list gets weak three movies in.

It's easy to create those characters, but the major companies don't design fair compensation packages to justify giving them that much IP (intellectual property).  So you see the same characters from the pre-artists rights era.

Honestly I'm kinda shocked that BP and HYDRA don't have many encounters. Flags of our Fathers touched on this(good min!) and it gave us a great villain with a great name -Armless Tiger-Man! He shouldbe in somebody's book somewhere.

I did my own fan-fic story with him titled ARMLESS TIGER MAN: ARMED TO THE TEETH!
Armless Tiger Man was a golden age character.  Once you read his description, and see what he looks like, how do you NOT use him?  It's insane.  Who thinks of that? 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2017, 01:06:39 pm »

The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***    The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***

The HEF is on fire due to the increased activity generated by true Black Panther enthusiasts, some of whom migrated from CBR. The exodus was led by HEF's own Ezyo and brought over some of the best posters and thread starters CBR had to offer. This flurry of posts caught the attention of one R to the H (trademark Supreme Illuminati, used with permission... we hope)  and we got the exclusive.

After years of coping with the disaster that was Doomwar and witnessing T'Challa's pathetically pyrrhic victory over Doom, Mr. Hudlin told us what he had in store for the Black Panther v Doom round three and we quote.

Hey RH great to see you poking your head in the BP forum again, I guess I'll follow up Ture's question,

If you were still on board with Marvel what was your idea for the encounter after T'Challa was ambushed by Doom? Alot of people as you are likely aware, were very dissatisfied with Mayberrys ending as it felt insulting to see T'Challa not only lose S'yan (a great character I thought) and Wakandans, but also he gets his ass kicked by Doom then thanks him for teaching him and Wakanda a lesson before destroying the Vibranium.

Mr. Hudlin's reply was one of unprecedented proportions and the wish fulfillment of all BP fans. He said.

The question we ask Mr. Hudlin...  is it still possible? Will World of Wakanda become World War Wakanda? Inquiring minds want to know.

Shout to all those who made this thread grow. Special thanks to Ezyo for the follow up and extra special appreciation and gratitude to Reginald Hudlin for providing the forum and interacting with us.

First of all, I love everything about this post.  Hilarious.

Second of all, Doom is in a whole other direction now.  There are bigger plans afoot, plans I don't know about, and I'm focused on other things.  I just finished a script that Denys is illustrating now. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2017, 01:09:12 pm »
Mr. Hudlin,

In light of the BP franchise's increasing popularity, have you considered bringing back the BP animated series?

Besides the series being great work overall, I felt it was a great way to introduce people to T'Challa and the BP-verse, while greatly contributing in increasing the BP-verse's profile.
The animated series happened out of a unique set of circumstances.  As the executive of a network I could green light a book I was writing, then leave the network and produce it.  None of those things are true now, and Marvel's film and television plans are manifest much more concretely.  I don't see how a BP animated series fits into that. 

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2017, 01:19:12 pm »
Mr. Hudlin,

The animated series happened out of a unique set of circumstances.  As the executive of a network I could green light a book I was writing, then leave the network and produce it.  None of those things are true now, and Marvel's film and television plans are manifest much more concretely.  I don't see how a BP animated series fits into that.

Silly me, I totally forgot how much of a factor your time as a network exec was in green lighting the project. Had to facepalm myself on that one. *facepalms*

Nonetheless, thank you for answering my question.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2017, 02:58:45 pm »
Now that.. would of been an event. Seriously I would love to see a Wakanda vs the world go on. They just need to let you stay on for another year to tell that story.

Last question for me at the moment, of marvel gave you another 6 part mini (let's say after the huge movie debut) what story would you tell to get people fresh off the hype of the movie into Tchallas story

Oh man, I have no idea.  Depends on the story of the film.  I wrote WHO IS THE BLACK PANTHER so a fan who knew nothing could find out all they needed to know.  After the film, there will be a need for another trade that is a non-origin story that is accessible to the new fan.  Maybe one that involves high profile characters in the MCU.

Alright sorry let me change it up, if marvel greenlight whatever you wanted, (I'm talking Coates level promo and pushing)  and 2 seasons atleast of comics guaranteed with no fear of cancelation, and not Being able to finish your story, would you write BP for them again
Never say never, I love BP, but that's not really what Marvel does.  They move writers around to avoid burn out.  Personally, I'm focused more on creator owned properties.  Mark Millar is very inspiring to me.

Okay Fair enough, I could see how that could produce burn out, and also i can see the preference of going more on creator own properties rather then the Big 2 considering ones hard work can be turned on its head and changed, and retconned out over a span of a few short years.

Thanks again for answering I dont have any other questions at the moment i'll have to think of some more. But im not gonna Lie, I hope that One day you do come back and Marvel Lets you do something amazing again for BP, Be it another Solo, Or that Black Avengers book you mentioned before.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2017, 03:00:45 pm »

Second of all, Doom is in a whole other direction now.  There are bigger plans afoot, plans I don't know about, and I'm focused on other things.  I just finished a script that Denys is illustrating now.

Whatever you got going i definitely will pick it up, I like Deny's Artwork

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2017, 10:36:16 am »

Whatever you got going i definitely will pick it up, I like Deny's Artwork

THIS BREAKING NEWS POST IS HILARIOUS!
Thanks for the recap and for the sadness since we'll never get the Hudlin version of WWW. Can you imagine this being a company wide crossover?
Maybe we'll get it before Black Panther part 2 comes out

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Mr. Hudlin....

While you ponder my previous question on your top 5 Marvel Stories...

Two Doras were killed with Doom sneak attacked T'challa...

was one of the Doras Okoye?