Poll

Should the MCU Recast T'Challa the Black Panther

Yes, for an actor who will further the Black Panther tradition started by Chadwick Boseman
5 (83.3%)
No, because there is no MCU Black Panther without Chadwick Boseman.
0 (0%)
Too soon for me to say.
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: HEF of BP - There may be some who know better than others...  (Read 29800 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Mr. Hudlin....

While you ponder my previous question on your top 5 Marvel Stories...

Two Doras were killed with Doom sneak attacked T'challa...

was one of the Doras Okoye?
Wow, that question is harder than the previous one! 

Let me start on the other other....

....when it comes to classic Marvel story lines, the introduction of Galactus, the Watcher and the Silver Surfer were incredible. No one had ever written a comic book story on that scale.  The resolution with the use of the Ultimate Nullifier seems like the easy way out, but the overall power and scope of the story still stands. 

The subplot of Peter Parker ducking the blind date with Mary Jane Watson, culminating in him opening the door, seeing the hottie he never imagined she would be, and her saying one of the greatest lines in the history of comics:  "face it Tiger, you hit the jackpot".  That's everything you need to know about her.  She's confident, she totally knows what's been going on, and she's knows what's gonna happen next. 

Jumping way ahead....Civil War.  It was such an obvious, brilliant idea, and forever changed comics and comic book movies. 

That's three.  Two more to go.

Offline Things Fall Apart

• View Profile
Mr. Hudlin,

If we remove Static from consideration, which Milestone property do you think is most ready to hit the ground running as a feature film or prestige television series?  I discount Static since he's already a known and proven entity.  Personally, I'd love to see a premium network do something with Blood Syndicate. 

I've always felt that Blood Syndicate, as a concept and as an actualized series, "out X-Mens" the X-Men in terms of authenticity and spoke much more directly to the POC/Minority experience while tying in the fantastic.  X-Men just seems like a Hollywood bus tour of racism.

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
Hey there again Mr. Hudlin.

Let's say that you were writing a 5 year stint on BP and he were still married to Storm. Would you have written them having children at some point? How many?
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Mr. Hudlin,

If we remove Static from consideration, which Milestone property do you think is most ready to hit the ground running as a feature film or prestige television series?  I discount Static since he's already a known and proven entity.  Personally, I'd love to see a premium network do something with Blood Syndicate. 

I've always felt that Blood Syndicate, as a concept and as an actualized series, "out X-Mens" the X-Men in terms of authenticity and spoke much more directly to the POC/Minority experience while tying in the fantastic.  X-Men just seems like a Hollywood bus tour of racism.
Great question, but one I cannot answer....yet.  But you're on to something with Blood Syndicate.  And an Icon & Rocket movie.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Let's say that you were writing a 5 year stint on BP and he were still married to Storm. Would you have written them having children at some point? How many?
The number one job of royalty is the perpetuate the line.  That's why I had Panther get married right away.  It's number one in the job description. 

As for kids, see my Black Panther annual, Black To The Future, where they have a gang of kids.  Some with powers, some not.  So yes, that long into the run, kids are gonna be popping out. 

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile

The number one job of royalty is the perpetuate the line.  That's why I had Panther get married right away.  It's number one in the job description. 

As for kids, see my Black Panther annual, Black To The Future, where they have a gang of kids.  Some with powers, some not.  So yes, that long into the run, kids are gonna be popping out.

Woulda been nice. Kind of surprising that T'Challa doesn't have a kid out there somewhere, other than the alternate reality ones.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

Woulda been nice. Kind of surprising that T'Challa doesn't have a kid out there somewhere, other than the alternate reality ones.

i think the floating time scale has a lot ot do with it. baby kids are useless for a story (see Danielle Cage)

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile

i think the floating time scale has a lot ot do with it. baby kids are useless for a story (see Danielle Cage)

I was think more of a teenage ala' Damien Wayne.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
He does have a kid.  A 12-13 year old by way of Monica Lynn.

But it's a big secret.  Not even Marvel editorial knows yet.  Go figure.
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile

Does Monica know?  ;D

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile

Does Monica know?  ;D

How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

YES!

my dude!

Make it happne Hudlin!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I"m sure Wakanda security would make sure there are no leave behinds with anyone the prince is dating.

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
Well, I guess Monica can forget about child support.

Dang it!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Me and mine were were very appreciative of the creation of Shuri and the change in appearance of the Dora Milaje. Mr. Hudlin, were you responsible for the aesthetics of Shuri and the Dora Milaje and if so why the dramatic departure from Priest's iteration of Nakia and Okoyo?
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more