Author Topic: Dear Mr. Hudlin - A thread to ask the questions only he can answer...  (Read 20250 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I too am curious about why Nakia and Okoye, and QDJ were not used

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Mr. Hudlin bobbin' and weavin' from Okoye questions like a seasoned politician

Mr. RH,

You get to right an oversized, annual one shot issue about any character at Marvel that you haven't written before. Who do you choose and who is the villain opposing them for this annual?

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Mr. Hudlin - A thread to ask the questions only he can answer...
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2017, 04:20:43 am »
To answer the question about the Dora Milage...I didn't want to cover ground Priest had already done so well.  I wanted to tell different stories. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2017, 04:26:41 am »
There was a question about my five favorite Marvel stories of all time. That's super tough, but here goes:

The Coming of Galactus was amazing.  The only flaw in it was the use of the Ultimate Nullifier as the way to defeat him.  Feels too easy.  But the scope of the story was incredible. 

Mark Millar's Civil War was brilliant.  It was such an obvious idea, but it had never been done before.

Earth X, by Jim Krueger and Alex Ross, was flat out genius.  it made so many ideas in the Marvel Universe make sense, like the Celestials and Galactus and the Asgardians. 

The Dr. Strange Silver Dagger story. 

still thinking about the fifth entry. 

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2017, 05:44:17 am »

Which one?  There have been several.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2017, 07:01:53 am »
I have a question for you now RH. What are you expecting/ Hoping to see out of the BP solo movie?

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2017, 07:55:01 am »

Which one?  There have been several.
I only know the original by Frank Brunner. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2017, 07:56:53 am »
I have a question for you now RH. What are you expecting/ Hoping to see out of the BP solo movie?
It's an amazing cast and Ryan is a talented filmmaker, so I expect it will be really good. 

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2017, 09:01:48 am »
It's an amazing cast and Ryan is a talented filmmaker, so I expect it will be really good.
Let me rephrase it, is there anything, being a BP fan, that you want to see appear on the big screen? There are plenty of us here that have discussed what we would like to see, be is skybike to some of his Tech such as Dagger's, etc.
Is there something you personally want to see happen or be shown in the movie?

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2017, 10:37:03 am »
Dear Reggie Reg,
  I just wanted to say thank you! Thank you for everything that you've done and what you continue to do. To this day, whenever anyone tries to bad mouth BET, I reference your tenure as President as the turning point of the station. It wouldn't be the station that it is now if it wasn't for the changes that you started.  That's fact!
  Most BET haters hate just to hate or haven't paid attention since the early 90s.
  That's all. I don't want or need to ask you anything.
  I just wanted to say thank you.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2017, 10:33:38 pm »
Yo, Reg...have you ever specifically thought of TChalla's  skills and physical attributes like strength or speed levels under your pen?

A.  Is he slightly weaker, strong as or stronger than Captain America?

B. In terms of intelligences, is TChalla smarter than, smart as, not as smart as or possessed of a different combo of Intelligences than Reed Richards, Maximus, Thanos?

C. Whose senses are shaper insofar as smell touch taste and hearing is concerned: TChalla or Wolverine? [ I would give SIGHT a edge to TChalla ].

D. How rich was TChalla under your pen?

E. Did your Wakanda have mutants?

F. Were you going to revamp old villains or create whole new Rogue Galleries for TChalla, or both? Could you name one new and one old villain you were leaning towards making/using?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2017, 09:14:53 pm »
Let me rephrase it, is there anything, being a BP fan, that you want to see appear on the big screen? There are plenty of us here that have discussed what we would like to see, be is skybike to some of his Tech such as Dagger's, etc.
Is there something you personally want to see happen or be shown in the movie?

When I was given the opportunity to write the six issue mini-series that became the start of my run on the book, I wrote it as a way to introduce the character to someone who had no previous knowledge of comic books, let alone his history.  I didn't know if a movie would ever be made, so this would serve as a model for what one would be. 

Yes I had all kinds of ideas of how that could be adapted and expanded, but it's all irrelevant now. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2017, 09:15:44 pm »
Dear Reggie Reg,
  I just wanted to say thank you! Thank you for everything that you've done and what you continue to do. To this day, whenever anyone tries to bad mouth BET, I reference your tenure as President as the turning point of the station. It wouldn't be the station that it is now if it wasn't for the changes that you started.  That's fact!
  Most BET haters hate just to hate or haven't paid attention since the early 90s.
  That's all. I don't want or need to ask you anything.
  I just wanted to say thank you.

Thank you!  I appreciate your contributions on the site! 

Offline marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2017, 08:42:59 am »
Hey Mr Hudlin, hope you are doing well this fine day. A few questions for you.

When did you start reading comics?

If you were to do a monthly Black Panther buddy book, what hero would you make his partner(similar to Power Man & Iron Fist)?

What do you think is T'Challa's greatest technological accomplishment?

Thank you and have a great day.  8)
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2017, 05:42:26 am »
Hey Mr Hudlin, hope you are doing well this fine day. A few questions for you.

When did you start reading comics?

If you were to do a monthly Black Panther buddy book, what hero would you make his partner(similar to Power Man & Iron Fist)?

What do you think is T'Challa's greatest technological accomplishment?

Thank you and have a great day.  8)
My older brothers read comics so I can't remember a time I didn't read comics.  I remember the first comic I bought.  We were at the spinner rack and my brothers were grabbing stuff so I asked mom if I could pick one out.  I bought a Gold Key Monkees comic.  My brothers were disgusted at the choice...they thought it was a waste of 12 cents that could have been spent buying a "real" comic beyond their budget.  But I stuck to my guns. 

Hmmmm, a Black Panther buddy book. Panther and Storm?  Panther and Cage?  Panther and Reed?

Greatest tech accomplishment?  One of the Priest ideas like that mother box for Wakandans he made, or those big ass battleships. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 05:44:27 am by Reginald Hudlin »