Poll

Should the MCU Recast T'Challa the Black Panther

Yes, for an actor who will further the Black Panther tradition started by Chadwick Boseman
5 (83.3%)
No, because there is no MCU Black Panther without Chadwick Boseman.
0 (0%)
Too soon for me to say.
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: HEF of BP - There may be some who know better than others...  (Read 29582 times)

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Mr. Hudlin - A thread to ask the questions only he can answer...
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2017, 04:12:25 pm »
Hey there Mr Hudlin. Hope you are in good spirits today.

Every writer gives T'Challa a different voice when I read their runs. During yours, who's voice did you hear in your head speaking as T'Challa?

Had your run lasted longer, would you have given T'Challa another sibling at some point?

The BP trailer has elements of many Panther runs, yours included  ;D. What were you most proud of seeing and what else would you like to see in the movie?

Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2017, 09:39:09 am »
Mr. Hudlin, what was your first Black Panther comic book? Was there a sequel in mind for Flags of Our Fathers? What are the specs (your ideas on the functioning) of the protection totem?

I know, you feel like William Shatner at a Star Trek convention. Speaking of Star Trek... Gold Key Monkees comic? How could you pass up a Gold Key live action still cover of their Star Trek line?  :o

I remember buying three comics with half covers or no covers in a plastic bag for 35 cents. My firsts were...

Werewolf by Night

Batman

Black Panther

The first Black Panther book I read was his debut in the Fantastic Four.  My brother Warrington's book.  That locked in who the Panther was to me.  When I wrote the book I wanted to get back to that feeling. 

The first Panther book I bought was the start of the Killmonger arc.  It ended with him being thrown off a cliff.

Yes, I had/have a sequel for Flags of Our Fathers in mind.  It is set during T'Challa's teenage years, and it involves Wolverine, Tony Stark, Janet Van Dyne and The Winter Soldier.

If the Gold Key Star Trek was on the spinner rack, they may have been a hard choice between that and the Monkees book.  But it wasn't so Monkees it was.

You know just sittin' here chattin' with my boi Reggie... yea, you know him the Hollywood director and producer. We met while he was writing the Black Panther. Yea we both be kind of busy. You know him doing his thing on the west coast, me grindin' on the east side but we still find time to check in with each other.  :) ;D ;)
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2017, 02:12:57 pm »
I just saw you got the gig to direct Shadowman, Mr. Hudlin.  Cool.

I suppose there's little chance that you are using Priest's version of Michael LeRoi, right?

(I'm probably the only person alive who still owns a copy of his Turok/Shadowman. Even Priest doesn't have a copy. :) )

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2017, 03:23:50 pm »
I just saw you got the gig to direct Shadowman, Mr. Hudlin.  Cool.

I suppose there's little chance that you are using Priest's version of Michael LeRoi, right?

(I'm probably the only person alive who still owns a copy of his Turok/Shadowman. Even Priest doesn't have a copy. :) )

Hmmm.....let me look into my Valiant files.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2017, 09:39:34 am »
Mr. Hudlin, due to the inevitable crash and burn of the Coatesverse, the BP comic book is going to need a recognized name to revitalize it. Two names echo loudly...Priest and yourself. If offered, would you write a limited Black Panther series?

Speaking of follow ups... with your entry into the superhero film genre with Shadowman, would you be intersted in doing one of the cinematic Black Panther sequels?

In addition I will double up on Marvel2100's question and ask your thoughts on the BP teaser trailer.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2017, 08:42:05 am »

Every writer gives T'Challa a different voice when I read their runs. During yours, who's voice did you hear in your head speaking as T'Challa?

Had your run lasted longer, would you have given T'Challa another sibling at some point?

The BP trailer has elements of many Panther runs, yours included  ;D. What were you most proud of seeing and what else would you like to see in the movie?

If/when I heard T'Challa's voice in my head back when I wrote the series, I heard Sidney Poitier. I always felt he's who Jack was drawing when he first designed the character in Fantastic Four. I could be wrong, but that's who the template is to me. 

Very quietly, BP has another sibling, who died during Klaw's attack.  I had plans for him too.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2017, 09:16:31 am »

If/when I heard T'Challa's voice in my head back when I wrote the series, I heard Sidney Poitier. I always felt he's who Jack was drawing when he first designed the character in Fantastic Four. I could be wrong, but that's who the template is to me. 

Very quietly, BP has another sibling, who died during Klaw's attack.  I had plans for him too.

If you can/want to say, Whats the sibling name?
Pull List

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2017, 10:04:14 am »

Holy game changing detail, Batman!!

You know, RH, I had a very strong feeling [ based upon your rendition of Ramonda, and in particular reading about the now deleted details of D'Cigswayo that used to be part of BP's regular biography ] that RH had a brother...twin of Shuri...named D'Cigsway. I included him in my fanfic. I had NO IDEA that you added in the game changer of Klaw killing D'Cigswayo.

I built a bio supposing that D'Cigswayo..."D'Ciggs" as Shuri used to call him as an infant, a nickname that stuck...survived, and was temperamentally a midpoint between Hunter and TChalla, but more rakish and roguish than either. He was loyal, but problematic. And he was Shuri's favorite brother. The static between Shuri and T'Challa was amplified by the exit under a cloud of "disgrace" of D'Ciggs after one of his more complicated roguish off-book actions [ as yet unspecified ] that resulted with his rash action exposing Wakanda to some form of unwanted and unnecessary risk, even though he felt then and felt now that taking his action was the right thing to do [ and Wakanda ultimately benefited from it ]. D'Ciggs is the leader of this generation's Kifalme Shujaa Heshima, The Royal Warriors of Honor...miscalled by the West "The Black Musketeers".
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2017, 11:35:49 am »

Arvell. Arvell the Amazing. That's the name.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2017, 12:04:11 pm »
The questions that came to mind were; would you be willing to mentor or share expertise in detailing how to start and maintain an independent comic book? Details outlining how to start, team needed, how to acquire necessary funds to cover expenses, publishing and distribution. Would Milestone be interested in producing independent creators and their characters?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2017, 03:20:10 pm »

Arvell. Arvell the Amazing. That's the name.

That name makes perfect sense. Sounds very Wakandan... ::)
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2017, 04:59:56 pm »
News On DC's MILESTONE Relaunch Coming Soon Says JIM LEE

By Chris Arrant, Editor

DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee said that the planned relaunch and reboot of the Milestone line announced two years ago is still alive, and would be moving forward with news possibly coming in the next few months. Touched upon briefly at the "Meet the DC Co-Publishers" panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego earlier this month, this comes alongside news of Milestone's N Steven Harris drawing a new Static/Hardware illustration for September 16's MECCACon in Detroit.

Milestone Media was reformed in January 2015 by Reginald Hudlin and two of its co-founders, Denys Cowan and Derek Dingle. Later that year at 2015's SDCC, DC announced it had reached a deal with the company to once again license the Milestone IP for usage as a comic book line and in other media. Originally founded back in 1992, Milestone began publishing comics in 1993 as an imprint of DC Comics. Although DC later integrated some of Milestone's characters into DC's core superhero line (including Static in the 2011 "New 52" relaunch), Milestone retained ownership of all its characters and had merely licensed usage of the characters and the content they produced in the 1990s to DC.

"We couldn't be more proud and excited about the opportunity to bring the 'Dakota' Universe back to DC," said Lee in 2015. "This is a huge step forward for us in bringing readers a more diversified lineup as part of the new DC Universe, and we're anxiously looking foward to telling new stories that are socially and culturally impactful and representative of the world in which we live."

At the time, DC's plans were for a seperate line co-existing in the broader DC Multiverse but in a seperate dimension, 'Earth-M' (which Lee reconfirmed this month). There was a plan for titles including Static Shock, Icon, Rocket, and Xombi, with creators including Hudlin, Cowan, Geoff Johns, Jim Lee, Bill Sienkiewicz, Ken Lashley, and Christopher Priest. In addition to reviving Milestone characters of the past, Milestone Media said they'll also be introducing new characters and including new creators in the mix.

In July 2016, Lee told CBR that the delays were due to Hudlin's work as a filmmaker. Hudlin refuted that, however, in March 2017, saying that DC was holding up the launch but Milestone was "fixing that challenge."

Warner Bros.'s has since re-released the Static Shock animated series in two DVD sets, and Static was included in the line-up for Warner Bros.'s Young Justice: The Outsiders which is scheduled to debut in 2018.

The questions that came to mind were; would you be willing to mentor or share expertise in detailing how to start and maintain an independent comic book? Details outlining how to start, team needed, how to acquire necessary funds to cover expenses, publishing and distribution. Would Milestone be interested in producing independent creators and their characters?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2017, 07:57:58 am »
That is exciting stuff. I hope milestone gets it's traction going

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2017, 10:09:40 am »

I think DC is looking to play catch up with minority heroes. Lion's Forge is rocking it with their line up and DC has been sitting on Milestone.

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2017, 10:14:29 am »

I think DC is looking to play catch up with minority heroes. Lion's Forge is rocking it with their line up and DC has been sitting on Milestone.

Hey Mr Hudlin, I hope your having a good day.

I've always sad that Black Panther needed his own version of a Sinister Six, a team of villains to challenge him at every level:

1. Moses Magnum
2. M'Baku
3. Armless Tiger-Man
4. Windeagle
5. Madam Slay
6. Malice

Those would be my picks for this team.

What team would you envision that could challenge Black Panther?