Poll

Should the MCU Recast T'Challa the Black Panther

Yes, for an actor who will further the Black Panther tradition started by Chadwick Boseman
5 (83.3%)
No, because there is no MCU Black Panther without Chadwick Boseman.
0 (0%)
Too soon for me to say.
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: HEF of BP - There may be some who know better than others...  (Read 29585 times)

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Mr. Hudlin - A thread to ask the questions only he can answer...
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2017, 06:00:21 pm »
That is exciting stuff. I hope milestone gets it's traction going

I think DC is looking to play catch up with minority heroes. Lion's Forge is rocking it with their line up and DC has been sitting on Milestone.

Hey Mr Hudlin, I hope your having a good day.

I've always sad that Black Panther needed his own version of a Sinister Six, a team of villains to challenge him at every level:

1. Moses Magnum
2. M'Baku
3. Armless Tiger-Man
4. Windeagle
5. Madam Slay
6. Malice

Those would be my picks for this team.

What team would you envision that could challenge Black Panther?

I must be tired. You can disregard this question Mr Hudlin. I asked about a Sinister Six over a month ago.

Dang my brain!
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2017, 09:17:24 am »
Hey Mr Hundlin. I just became aware of the Milestone issue. I hope things work out for the best for all concerned. On another note, what was your greatest contribution to the mythos and legacy of the Black Panther? I thought the concept of Wakanda being unconquered for 10,000 years, the creation of Shuri, the marriage of Black Panther and Storm and that T'challa's mother was never kidnapped and raped were standouts.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2017, 02:34:29 pm »
Hey Mr Hundlin. I just became aware of the Milestone issue. I hope things work out for the best for all concerned. On another note, what was your greatest contribution to the mythos and legacy of the Black Panther? I thought the concept of Wakanda being unconquered for 10,000 years, the creation of Shuri, the marriage of Black Panther and Storm and that T'challa's mother was never kidnapped and raped were standouts.

Agreed 100%.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2017, 07:48:04 am »

Agreed 100%.

All day, I agree with the above. I found RH's adjustments to the BP mythos to be absolutely essential ,and deeply satisfying. I absolutely couldn't stand the whole idea of Wakanda being technologically backward, and equally heinous and repulsive the notion of Ramonda being kidnapped and raped. FOR A DECADE OR MORE. I just couldn't stomach that. I knew. Right away. That only a White guy would write that and only White folks and Negropeans...really "Negropee-ons"...would find that vomit even remotely acceptable.

However. I think that finding a plausible explanation for past events that makes BP look better and badder and more brilliant than ever, as opposed to erasing them entirely from the narrative, is a better tactic and requires better writing.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2017, 07:54:19 am »
uhhh... when was this story done involving Ramonda?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2017, 08:41:48 am »
A Don McGregor story called "Panthers Quest". Coming out in TPB in the near future.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2017, 06:33:40 pm »

Agreed 100%.

All day, I agree with the above. I found RH's adjustments to the BP mythos to be absolutely essential ,and deeply satisfying. I absolutely couldn't stand the whole idea of Wakanda being technologically backward, and equally heinous and repulsive the notion of Ramonda being kidnapped and raped. FOR A DECADE OR MORE. I just couldn't stomach that. I knew. Right away. That only a White guy would write that and only White folks and Negropeans...really "Negropee-ons"...would find that vomit even remotely acceptable.

However. I think that finding a plausible explanation for past events that makes BP look better and badder and more brilliant than ever, as opposed to erasing them entirely from the narrative, is a better tactic and requires better writing.

Most whole-heartedly agree. with everything said in these posts.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2017, 08:47:37 pm »

Agreed 100%.

The last time I looked, Coates wasn't Caucasian and he's written actual Wakandan rape camps into the mythos which Don McGregor never did.

T'Challa was created by two Jewish men and has been written with respect by more than a few writers who happened to be Caucasian such as Geoff Johns and David Liss and even the unfortunately maligned Don McGregor himself.

After all it was Don McGregor who fought tooth and nail to keep T'Challa's supporting cast 99-100% African when Marvel editorial were putting mad pressure to throw some white faces in there just because.

I respect Don McGregor for his contribution to the BP mythos just off of the passion he had for the character in spite of the fact that I was overly enthused with the dragging T'Challa through the barbed wire aesthetic that informed some of his BP work.

He wasn't a hater which is more than can be said for Coates.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2017, 11:34:12 pm »

Agreed 100%.

The last time I looked, Coates wasn't Caucasian and he's written actual Wakandan rape camps into the mythos which Don McGregor never did.

T'Challa was created by two Jewish men and has been written with respect by more than a few writers who happened to be Caucasian such as Geoff Johns and David Liss and even the unfortunately maligned Don McGregor himself.

After all it was Don McGregor who fought tooth and nail to keep T'Challa's supporting cast 99-100% African when Marvel editorial were putting mad pressure to throw some white faces in there just because.

I respect Don McGregor for his contribution to the BP mythos just off of the passion he had for the character in spite of the fact that I was overly enthused with the dragging T'Challa through the barbed wire aesthetic that informed some of his BP work.

There is absolutely NO REDEEMING OF COATES. The sooner and faster and more thoroughly he is off the book? The better. I can't emphasize that enough. Also? I deem Coates to be both a Negropean and a Negro-pee on. I mentioned Negropeans and Negro-pee ons above. So, yeah. We agree TNC isn't White and he wrote the absolute worst rendition of BP that any person of color could ever write.

But I found a plausible write-around of his garbage almost immediately. I think finding a plausible write around is a hallmark of a superior writer, and simply wholesale erasing stuff [ while convenient and in TNC's case is absolutely a good idea; not the best idea imo but a good one ] is both easier and signals a less creative, maybe less intelligent, more complacent approach to the writing material on hand.

So. One way is to erase the whole vomitous pile of yukk from memory. The other ? Is to write around the bad stuff which is 99.999 percent of his garbage, and keep the good. That's what I would do. Because some of the stuff he introduced [ The Force Push, The Ancient Future, the reconnect with Storm, the exploration of Wakanda's Gods and a few other things ] have tremendous potential far beyond the weakness of his writing and T'Chumpaness of his whole getdown.

Take that. And add lots of good stuff. Like CJP did with a lot of the BP mythos [ if not all of it ] is a way that I would go. Whereas an erasure eliminates the potentially incredible stuff that can be done with an actually GOOD writer who REALLY IS A MAJOR FAN of T'Challa.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:37:19 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2017, 04:31:05 am »
The Farce Push is an overused gimmick now.  Correct me if I'm wrong (I refuse to go back and look) but if I recall correctly, it's never even been named on panel.

The "Ancient Future" is a Dreamtime ripoff that's merely used as an excuse for information dumps.

And the Faux-rishas... are set dressing.  And make no sense from either a Marvel perspective (since that pantheon already exists there), a real-life perspective (since he invented most of those names, except the ones he cribbed from Egypt), or even a Wakandan perspective (we have a Panther God, but no White Gorilla God, Lion God, or Crocodile God?).  Hell, Ewing has done more work to justify the Progenitors (creators of the Kree, essentially their gods)... and they even LOOK the same.

I can understand the desire to expand the Wakandan world... but some ideas come with too much baggage to use.

And some writers are too crap to remember.  Better by far to let them fade away….

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2017, 07:18:36 am »

Agreed 100%.

There is absolutely NO REDEEMING OF COATES. The sooner and faster and more thoroughly he is off the book? The better. I can't emphasize that enough. Also? I deem Coates to be both a Negropean and a Negro-pee on. I mentioned Negropeans and Negro-pee ons above. So, yeah. We agree TNC isn't White and he wrote the absolute worst rendition of BP that any person of color could ever write.

But I found a plausible write-around of his garbage almost immediately. I think finding a plausible write around is a hallmark of a superior writer, and simply wholesale erasing stuff [ while convenient and in TNC's case is absolutely a good idea; not the best idea imo but a good one ] is both easier and signals a less creative, maybe less intelligent, more complacent approach to the writing material on hand.

So. One way is to erase the whole vomitous pile of yukk from memory. The other ? Is to write around the bad stuff which is 99.999 percent of his garbage, and keep the good. That's what I would do. Because some of the stuff he introduced [ The Force Push, The Ancient Future, the reconnect with Storm, the exploration of Wakanda's Gods and a few other things ] have tremendous potential far beyond the weakness of his writing and T'Chumpaness of his whole getdown.

Take that. And add lots of good stuff. Like CJP did with a lot of the BP mythos [ if not all of it ] is a way that I would go. Whereas an erasure eliminates the potentially incredible stuff that can be done with an actually GOOD writer who REALLY IS A MAJOR FAN of T'Challa.

Bro, I already know that Coates is a crap writer.

What I took umbrage to was your assertion that only a "White man" could come up with, and appreciate negative/offensive stories set in the BP mythos.

Coates is an African-American author of political nonfiction books who on the surface appears to be "woke" but is anything but based on his BP book thus far.

I don't know whether that makes him "Negropean" or not but I do agree that his tenure as BP scribe has been really bad for the BP mythos as a whole.

I don't care what the ethnic background or gender of a writer is as long as they deliver solid work that elevates T'Challa and Wakanda.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2017, 07:23:54 am »
The Farce Push is an overused gimmick now.  Correct me if I'm wrong (I refuse to go back and look) but if I recall correctly, it's never even been named on panel.

The "Ancient Future" is a Dreamtime ripoff that's merely used as an excuse for information dumps.

And the Faux-rishas... are set dressing.  And make no sense from either a Marvel perspective (since that pantheon already exists there), a real-life perspective (since he invented most of those names, except the ones he cribbed from Egypt), or even a Wakandan perspective (we have a Panther God, but no White Gorilla God, Lion God, or Crocodile God?).  Hell, Ewing has done more work to justify the Progenitors (creators of the Kree, essentially their gods)... and they even LOOK the same.

I can understand the desire to expand the Wakandan world... but some ideas come with too much baggage to use.

And some writers are too crap to remember.  Better by far to let them fade away….

Coates wholesale creation of unnecessary characters/deities reeks of desperation and a desire to be seen as a writer who's brought something "new" to a mythos that was fresh before he came into "wriring" comicbooks.

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2017, 05:00:48 pm »
Everything posted gets two thumbs way up.

Mr. Hudlin I'd like to ask what are your thoughts on the rekindling of T'Challa and Ororo's relationship? In your opinion was enough ground work laid to get them back to where you left them? Do you think there's a chance that your vision can still work? If so, are there any things  that should be done to bring them closer? Have they hashed all their baggage and gripes out to your liking? Do you think genuine fans of your work and the foundation you laid are wrong to still advocate for them as a couple? Or are they living in a bubble of denial to believe Marvel won't come and smash it to bits all over again? Enquiring minds would love to read your response. Thank you for all you've done.
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2017, 06:40:41 pm »
Everything posted gets two thumbs way up.

Mr. Hudlin I'd like to ask what are your thoughts on the rekindling of T'Challa and Ororo's relationship? In your opinion was enough ground work laid to get them back to where you left them? Do you think there's a chance that your vision can still work? If so, are there any things  that should be done to bring them closer? Have they hashed all their baggage and gripes out to your liking? Do you think genuine fans of your work and the foundation you laid are wrong to still advocate for them as a couple? Or are they living in a bubble of denial to believe Marvel won't come and smash it to bits all over again? Enquiring minds would love to read your response. Thank you for all you've done.

TChalla+Ororo 4 Life...like Mack-10 said. "Foe Life! Foe Liife! T'Choro! Comin thru the MU with stripes!"
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2017, 06:54:17 pm »

Mr Hudlin, have you heard any news about BET rebroadcasting your Black Panther the Animated Series especially post release of the new film early next year?
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more