Poll

Should the MCU Recast T'Challa the Black Panther

Yes, for an actor who will further the Black Panther tradition started by Chadwick Boseman
9 (90%)
No, because there is no MCU Black Panther without Chadwick Boseman.
0 (0%)
Too soon for me to say.
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: FEAR OF A BLACK PANTHER - New Black Panther Series by Eve L. Ewing & Chris Allen  (Read 90124 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER'S VIBRANIUM TRUMPET - BP Movie Still a Summer Favorite!
« Reply #210 on: August 07, 2021, 06:52:36 am »
I've been thinking long and hard on who to recast as T'Challa. Your list has some potentials Ezyo. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, I think will be doing Black Manta for awhile and may even get a spin off. Should Black Adam prove successful the same could apply to Aldis Hodge with his upcoming Hawkman role. These two would be on my list but I feel they may be out of contention. Sope Dirisu and Trevante Rhodes works are unknown to me, I'll have to watch some of their films to get some perspective. Damson Idris I liked and thought of him as a potential recast after seeing him in Outside the Wire. Y'lan Noel was boss in the First Purge and was another potential.

Truth be told, I was iffy about Robert Downey Jr and thought Ed Norton was going to kill it. We see how that turned out. I liked Chadwick Boseman because he was an craftsman when it came to playing roles distinctly different from one another. The gravitas he bought to the Black Panther has set a very high bar. The same held true for Heath Ledger's Joker. Like Joaquin Phoenix the next actor to play T'Challa will have to distinctly own the role to be seen as a viable iteration and not just a substitute.

Since we have some time (perhaps a couple years) til T'Challa's cinematic resurgence I'll keep searching.

Trevante Rhodes was in the first purge movies. I haven't seen them but I looked up some of his scenes and he Seems solid

Sope Dirisu here are two videos, the first is how he handles action and the second is acting. He is Nigerian so I think he can handle accent's well
Courtesy of klaues mixtape from CBR

Quote from: Klaue's Mixtape;5617778
This is my T'Challa if they ever recast
Here is the action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e42hE6L7PA[/video]

Quote from: Klaue's Mixtape
Here is the acting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAalFJHbDXI[/video]

After these vids, DBOI, Ezyo, BlackClaw, MoS, Chesterfield and even Ekie will say Marvel is dropping the ball not getting him as T'Challa.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Ezyo... those vids... I like Sope Dirisu. Tell Klaue's Mixtape to add me to that "Marvel is dropping the ball not getting him as T'Challa" list. Seriously, you are correct, he is where he belongs, at the top of the list.

Kimoyo, what I'm pondering is supposed Marvel for their own reason (financial concerns of investors, producers and or movie theaters; release schedule conflicts or just trying to get past Chadwick's untimely passing) decided to do the sequel, give the supporters of the A.G.E.N.D.A. what they want, buy themselves enough time to recast uninterrupted, knowing that with the introduction of the multiverse they are going to reintroduce T'Challa the Black Panther some time down the road with the new MCU versions of the Fantastic Four, the X-Men and Blade etc... Because there is noway nor any true win in keeping T'Challa dead but his return would be massive and pure boxoffice and merchandising gold. Just a thought.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Apologies for the strikethrough above; Idk how to remove it...

Try editing your post; remove the brackets inside your paragraphs; the HTML engine 'thinks' you are sending a strikethrough command.

Hope my suggestion helps, Supreme.

Thank you, sir! Worked like a [ WAKANDAN ] charm!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BP'S VIBRANIUM TRUMPET - BP Wakanda Forever has everyone but T'Challa!
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2021, 01:03:01 am »
THE VIBRANIUM TRUMPET

The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***    The Vibranium Trumpet   *** Sounding the alarm... ***

Black Panther - Wakanda Forever has everyone but T'Challa!

In seven days we will mark the one year anniversary of the death of Chadwick Boseman. As an actor and an artist he bought both dignity and respect to the character T'Challa the Black Panther. Cultural integrity was his insistence and he assured such. Chadwick Boseman did not leave a legacy, he birthed one. This Black Panther legacy which he bought into existence is still in its infancy, ready to burst with potential.

The Black Panther that Chadwick Boseman delivered... and I knowingly say Black Panther as inclusive of T'Challa because there will always be only one true Black Panther whose name will forever remain T'Challa... did not complete his cinematic maturity, franchise growth nor most importantly his character's evolution. Now we are told that due his sudden transition the insight and talent that Chadwick Boseman bought to the Black Panther and hoped to build upon, a legacy he hoped to nurture, is to be no more.

This purposeful assignation attempt of the potential that is the legacy of Black Panther allows but one conclusion to be drawn. Black Panther - Wakanda Forever is all about distraction existing in a variant timeline known as the Misdirection Cinematic Universe with smoke and mirrors by Industrial Light and Magic. Pay no attention to mouse behind the curtain and adhere to the clarion cries of inclusion and representation. Not to worry, Black Panther - Wakanda Forever  will unite black and brown peoples or at least their fictitious nations and the A.G.E.N.D.A. will be met as two lesbian women will come out in Wakanda. You will never miss the potential that was T'Challa.

When arguments are bought up concerning T'Challa's unnecessary absence from his own unique genre of so called Afro-Futurism we are informed that was the intention from the start. Yet still we are informed of a third movie deal and discussions to expand upon T'Challa's character and personality. We are told that Tenoch Huerta, Michaela Coel and Dominique Thorne will be playing characters who are all here to help push the narrative but whose narrative are they pushing. Namor the Sub Mariner, an anti hero in search of his own franchise and Riri I Heart Williams whom almost seem redundant save for the virtue of comparative engagements between a genius female continental Afrakan and a genius female American Afrakan.

As fans and enthusiasts of Black Panther we don't want to see a second rate "black" version of Captain America Civil War sans the previous two CA solo films and two very in character appearances in Avengers first two films. Black Panther Atlantis War should have been the third BP film allowing the second and most notably the sequel the expanse to develop new and enrich existing characters; world build and explore Wakanda; with the end credit scenes showing a man riding a massive tidal wave heading toward a secret Wakandan island detainment facility.

As fans and enthusiasts of Black Panther we accept that no other actor is going to replace Chadwick Boseman just as we know putting another character in the mantle of the Black Panther is not going succeed in replacing T'Challa the Black Panther. What will work is recasting the role of T'Challa the Black Panther so to continue his story and ensure his legacy. War with Namor, flooding the nation and techno babble between Iron heart and Shuri will not add to the culture and mystique that is Wakanda. The audience wants to explore Wakanda and see it through T'Challa's eyes. The audience wants another drink of Afrakan excellence.

This is the point Marvel is missing... the Black Panther is not like any other character on their roster. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is often bought up in conversation with Black Panther due to their supposed minority status and diversity inclusion in the MCU. Shang Chi doesn't weigh in with Asians both here and abroad in the manner in which Black Panther did with Afrakans both here and abroad. Asians for the most part get to see films made by them, with their cultural norms intact and on full display whether in historical or fictitious movies, tv shows or documentaries and as a result are not as thirsty as us Afrakans. Black Panther showed an Afrakan people who never suffered the war and terrorism that would diminish their culture and understanding of self and people hood. Black Panther showed that without Asian, Arab or European interference we could build the greatest nation on earth. Hell yea we were thirsty for that and we drank deep and went to the well many times to see a film made by us showing the best of us.

As fans and enthusiasts of Black Panther we want to see T'Challa lead a fleet of royal talons fighters into Kree/Skrull space; watch the Black Panther walk the streets of Madripoor; in his laboratory building Sam Black Cap Wilson's wings; observe T'Challa's conversation with the Eternals as they debate their non interference policies; see the Black Panther traverse the expanse of Wakanda and his love affair with Nakia; watch him interact with the "Black" communities of the cities he has placed outreach facilities; witness him combat Atlantis, the Fantastic Four; and observe the past and future relationship between the Black Panther and Storm.

As fans and enthusiasts of Black Panther we know that BP2 will suffer greatly in T'Challa's absence. We also know that T'Challa's absence will be short lived. Why because of all the plots ideas stated above. Marvel needs T'Challa the Black Panther going forward because he is one of Marvel's power house super heroes and guest appearances will not fill his void. He will be back, maybe as soon as the end credits Black Panther Wakanda Forever, or in time for his third movie, but most assuredly for phase five. As fans and enthusiasts of Black Panther we want all aspects of the Black Panther and his world to succeed, just not at the sacrifice of the titular character.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 01:30:41 am by Ture »

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2021, 03:46:36 am »
Even if they do what Iím fearing what theyíll do to TíChalla in this movie, Loki still have us a way they can recast via variants.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Kimoyo, what I'm pondering is supposed Marvel for their own reason (financial concerns of investors, producers and or movie theaters; release schedule conflicts or just trying to get past Chadwick's untimely passing) decided to do the sequel, give the supporters of the A.G.E.N.D.A. what they want, buy themselves enough time to recast uninterrupted, knowing that with the introduction of the multiverse they are going to reintroduce T'Challa the Black Panther some time down the road with the new MCU versions of the Fantastic Four, the X-Men and Blade etc... Because there is noway nor any true win in keeping T'Challa dead but his return would be massive and pure boxoffice and merchandising gold. Just a thought.

Love your optimism Brother Ture!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2021, 10:46:50 pm »
Even if they do what Iím fearing what theyíll do to TíChalla in this movie, Loki still have us a way they can recast via variants.

Agreed.

Peace,

Mont

Thank you Brother Mont. I will admit they do task me at times.

Offline BlackClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2021, 11:17:22 pm »

Agreed.

Peace,

Mont

Thank you Brother Mont. I will admit they do task me at times.

Iím hoping what youíre saying is true. Even with their devastation over Bosemanís passing, even they have to know that the Multiverse gives them an out.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Appreciating what Chadwick Boseman bought to the Black Panther on this the first anniversary of his most untimely transition to ancestor-hood I'm reminded of how he worked to keep the narrative honest. Chadwick Boseman's quiet yet powerful demeanor was uncompromising and radiated both pride and respect with regards to Afrakan authenticity and representation. Chadwick Boseman's dedication to the task of bringing one of comic books greatest superheroes to cinematic life brought out the best in himself, the director, his fellow actors and actresses and the production crew. Simply stated Chadwick Boseman initiated a global cultural phenomenon. He was both vanguard and zeitgeist. No matter what comes next for the Black Panther good, bad or indifferent because of Chadwick Boseman I am filled with a sense of satiety and gratitude.

CONTINUE TO RISE IN POWER KING!

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
How Chadwick Boseman's Private Love Story Added Another Layer to His Legacy

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chadwick-bosemans-private-love-story-100000013.html

Chadwick Boseman played a superhero on screen. Off screen, his death probably saved lives.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/chadwick-boseman-death-shed-light-100016448.html
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 01:53:02 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re:BP'S VIBRANIUM TRUMPET Storm prepares for T'Challa by giving Bishop new role!
« Reply #220 on: September 06, 2021, 02:04:09 am »
Is Storm knighting Bishop or conferring joint regency to him. Will Bishop become King of Sol?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/krakoan-gossip-and-sneak-peeks-at-upcoming-x-men-and-inferno-comics/

No matter, the real king is on his way!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ezyo1000;5716779
For the people who say we don't know what Chad wanted to happen with T'Challa:

[Video=YouTube;QMU3DLKmF18]https://youtu.be/QMU3DLKmF18[/video]

Offline BlackClaw

• View Profile

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Black Panther Legends Introduces Readers to the Original White Wolf (Preview)
An exclusive preview of the young readers Black Panther Legends series reintroduces fans to Hunter, who became Marvel's original White Wolf.
BY TIM ADAMS

T'Challa, the King of Wakanda, is set to star in a new young readers miniseries titled Black Panther Legends, and a preview of the debut issue reintroduces Marvel's original White Wolf. CBR has the exclusive first look at Black Panther Legends #1 by author Tochi Onyebuchi (Beasts Made of Night, Riot Baby), New York Times-bestselling illustrator Setor Fiadzigbey (Bunheads) and colorist Paris Alleyne. The preview pages feature a young T'Challa and Hunter, with the latter growing up to take on the White Wolf mantle.

T'Challa and Hunter are shown having a brotherly bond as they run together through the Wakandan landscape, survey the city's technological advances, and share a special moment with King T'Chaka as he gazes at his Black Panther costume.

Created by Christopher Priest and Mark Texeira, White Wolf debuted in 1998's Black Panther #4. King T'Chaka adopted Hunter after his parents died in a plane crash just outside the Wakanda border. Even though he was viewed as an outcast, Hunter grew to love Wakanda. He developed a rivalry with T'Challa after he was born, since he was the next in line to become king after T'Chaka. Hunter would go on to lead the Hatut Zeraze, a special Wakandan police force.

A post-credits scene in 2018's Black Panther revealed Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier was nicknamed the White Wolf while he was rehabilitated from his Hydra brainwashing. He was also jokingly referred to as White Wolf in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Black Panther Legends #1 goes on sale Oct. 13 from Marvel Comics.

Black Panther Legends #1
Written by Tochi Onyebuchi
Art by Setor Fiadzigbey
Colors by Paris Alleyne
Cover by Setor Fiadzigbey

Dive into the legend of the Black Panther in this new origin story by acclaimed author Tochi Onyebuchi and New York Times-bestselling illustrator Setor Fiadzigbey, perfect for middle grade readers!

TíChalla and Hunter are brothers growing up in the idyllic royal palace of Wakanda. Theirs goes beyond the usual sibling rivalry, though Ė Hunter, although older, is adopted, and TíChalla is the true heir to the throne. Both brothers wrestle with fairness and the future, readying themselves for responsibility, when tragedy strikes and takes the choice from them.

This new series, ideal for young fans and loyal readers alike, will explore the moments that make TíChalla who he is, from his adventurous upbringing to his walkabout as a teen where he meets the enchanting Ororo Munroe before she becomes the legendary Storm, to when he first invites the Fantastic Four into Wakanda! Son, Brother, Warrior, King Ė as each chapter unfolds, new pieces of TíChallaís character will be revealed and the Black Panther will emerge.
32 PGS./Rated T+ Ö$3.99

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-legends-original-white-wolf/

In the MCU they should do a Mandarin and have Hunter confront Bucky for using his name.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 02:06:44 pm by Ture »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
This looks more like a Panther Quest cartoon origin. Hunter should be noticeably older than Tchalla.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."