Poll

Should the MCU Recast T'Challa the Black Panther

Yes, for an actor who will further the Black Panther tradition started by Chadwick Boseman
8 (88.9%)
No, because there is no MCU Black Panther without Chadwick Boseman.
0 (0%)
Too soon for me to say.
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER - Legends Mini Series #4 Hunter, Klaw and the Fantastic Four!  (Read 54767 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: VIBRANIUM TRUMPET- Black Panther Legends #2
« Reply #255 on: November 17, 2021, 09:57:27 am »

John Ridley had better come strong. Tochi Onyebuchi's Legends Black Panther #2 reads very well. It is concise and well paced. The changes he made may be missed by the casual or new BP reader but they still come off as more a nuance than unnecessary or a deconstruction. All characters voices rang true and there was a good dynamic between T'Challa and Ororo that distinguishes Onyebuchi from predecessors Claremont and Dickey. With only two issues in, I like this telling of Black Panther enough to read it as a 12 issue maxi series. If this series continues to read well to its conclusion, I could see inviting Tochi Onyebuchi back to scribe other historical BP adventures and/or creating some new ones. I hope John Ridley's first two issue read as well.

SPOILERS!

As an enthusiast of the super hero aesthetic I would like to see young T'Challa in some cool looking, high tech Afrakan futurist attire.

Note how they refer to "the Wolf" and not the "bull" as in DeRuyter the Bull as the person they answer to. Apparently he has been retconned out of the story.

T'Challa is smooth, confident in his abilities, with a no compromise attitude.

Cool intro. Storm shines as she usual in a BP comic. What Tochi Onyebuchi got right was neither was compromised by having one save the other. Very smart on his part.

I like Storm describing the rumors and mystique of Wakanda and the Black Panther.

Age appropriate young teens, no sex scenes and yet you can feel their romance burgeoning.

I don't like the insistence and constant stating going back to Aaron's Avengers that Wakanda ignores and does not help other Afrakan countries. It makes them look petty, immature, unsophisticated and cowardly. As a narrative it just doesn't make sense.

I purposefully left out the new and juicer parts of the story and just showed how well Tochi Onyebuchi handled the Black Panther and Storm's romance. He remained much closer to Claremont's version.

This was the kind of storytelling I was expecting from Kyle Baker.

This was a good read, the artwork was nice and I am looking forward to issue number three.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New! Black Panther Legends #2
« Reply #256 on: November 17, 2021, 01:01:24 pm »
This was a really good read. Everybody got respect, nobody looked weak. Good pacing, the art for the story and he is setting up some good conflict for later.

If we needed a definitive Tchalla meet Storm as kids, this is it.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: New! Black Panther Legends #2 Plus #3 synopsis and cover!
« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2021, 08:34:42 am »

BLACK PANTHER LEGENDS #3 (of 4)
TOCHI ONYEBUCHI (W) ē FRAN GALŃN (A)
Cover by Jahnoy Lindsay
Variant cover by Natacha Bustos

Itís time for TíChalla to claim his throne.
TíChallaís adopted brother, Hunter, has taken control of the Hatut Zeraze and is using his secret police force to keep TíChalla in exile. If TíChalla doesnít come home, he canít continue his plan to open Wakanda, which Hunter blames for their fatherís death. But TíChalla now knows just how much the rest of the world needs them ó and just what kind of king he wants to be. Follow the new origin story by New York Times best-selling author Tochi Onyebuchi and artist Fran GalŠn.
32 PGS./Rated T Ö$3.99

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New! Black Panther Legends #2 Plus #3 synopsis and cover!
« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2021, 08:46:34 pm »
Its not a bad book. It's just... Why though? We literally had a origin story told in Rise. No one looked particularly bad but nothing really happened either. Well there was hints of Storm trash talking with the "Typical Wakandan" line, though I guess T'Challa countered that. Still it was a fine issue. Nothing groundbreaking or new

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER - Legends Mini Series
« Reply #259 on: December 22, 2021, 09:07:07 am »

BLACK PANTHER LEGENDS #4 (of 4)
TOCHI ONYEBUCHI (W)
Setor Fiadzigbey (A)
Cover by Jahnoy Lindsay
VARIANT COVER BY Juni Ba
BLACK HISTORY MONTH VARIANT
COVER BY JOSHUA "SWAY" SWABY
THE BLACK PANTHER TAKES ON THE FANTASTIC FOUR!
T'Challa has ascended the throne, but is still faced with the choice his father tried to make: keep Wakanda closed off and safe, or open up and offer aid to the rest of the world? As a test case, he invites the Fantastic Four to Wakanda, and ends up needing their help to battle a now-super-powered Klaw as he tries again to infiltrate the country and steal the it's precious vibranium for himself. Can the Black Panther defeat Klaw for good this time? Don't miss the finale of the new origin story by the New York Times bestselling team, Tochi Onyebuchi and Setor Fiadzigbey!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER - Legends Mini Series
« Reply #260 on: December 24, 2021, 08:59:40 pm »

To all my HEF family. You are greatly appreciated.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER - Legends Mini Series #4 Hunter, Klaw and the Fantastic Four!
« Reply #261 on: January 10, 2022, 04:52:55 pm »
Black Panther's New Marvel Origin May Depend on The Fantastic Four
Black Panther first appeared in a Fantastic Four comic, but now T'Challa's new origin means he needs the help of Marvel's First Family once again.
BY JOSHUA ISAAK

Marvel's Black Panther has a long history with the Fantastic Four, beginning in Fantastic Four #52 back in 1961. The characters have interacted quite a lot since then, helping each other solve their problems and fight world-threatening villains. But in Black Panther: Legends #4, the King of Wakanda's very origin story may well be rewritten to incorporate Marvel's First Family.

The Black Panther Legends series rewrites T'Challa's entire origin by examining the young prince during his early days, before he ever ruled a country. The first issue chronicled a little-known story: that of the relationship between T'Challa and his adoptive brother Hunter. Hunter, who was white, was an anomaly in Wakanda and one of the very few people of non-African descent. Hunter knew he would never seat the throne of Wakanda - he knew he wasn't even in the line of succession - and he eventually became envious of his brother. Nevertheless, he vowed to be the greatest Wakandan of all time.

Per Marvel's March solicitations, Black Panther Legends #4 will include the Fantastic Four once he ascends the throne. He's faced with the same choice that haunted his father: should he "...keep Wakanda closed off and safe, or open up and offer aid to the rest of the world? As a test case, he invites the Fantastic Four to Wakanda, and ends up needing their help to battle a now-super-powered Klaw as he tries again to infiltrate the country and steal the precious vibranium for himself." The Fantastic Four may be able to help him defeat Klaw - but they can also help T'Challa find a. balance between a warrior and a king.

The Fantastic Four and the Black Panther franchises are intertwined in comics history, and Marvel is thus using the opportunity to retell T'Challa's origin in a new and interesting manner. One can only wonder exactly how they'll fit into the new continuity, but readers will discover Black Panther and the Fantastic Four's fates for themselves when Black Panther Legends #4 releases in March 2022.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-new-marvel-origin-fantastic-four-wakanda/

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: BLACK PANTHER - Legends Mini Series #4 Hunter, Klaw and the Fantastic Four!
« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2022, 12:25:43 pm »
Black Panther's New Marvel Origin May Depend on The Fantastic Four
Black Panther first appeared in a Fantastic Four comic, but now T'Challa's new origin means he needs the help of Marvel's First Family once again.
BY JOSHUA ISAAK

Marvel's Black Panther has a long history with the Fantastic Four, beginning in Fantastic Four #52 back in 1961. The characters have interacted quite a lot since then, helping each other solve their problems and fight world-threatening villains. But in Black Panther: Legends #4, the King of Wakanda's very origin story may well be rewritten to incorporate Marvel's First Family.

The Black Panther Legends series rewrites T'Challa's entire origin by examining the young prince during his early days, before he ever ruled a country. The first issue chronicled a little-known story: that of the relationship between T'Challa and his adoptive brother Hunter. Hunter, who was white, was an anomaly in Wakanda and one of the very few people of non-African descent. Hunter knew he would never seat the throne of Wakanda - he knew he wasn't even in the line of succession - and he eventually became envious of his brother. Nevertheless, he vowed to be the greatest Wakandan of all time.

Per Marvel's March solicitations, Black Panther Legends #4 will include the Fantastic Four once he ascends the throne. He's faced with the same choice that haunted his father: should he "...keep Wakanda closed off and safe, or open up and offer aid to the rest of the world? As a test case, he invites the Fantastic Four to Wakanda, and ends up needing their help to battle a now-super-powered Klaw as he tries again to infiltrate the country and steal the precious vibranium for himself." The Fantastic Four may be able to help him defeat Klaw - but they can also help T'Challa find a. balance between a warrior and a king.

The Fantastic Four and the Black Panther franchises are intertwined in comics history, and Marvel is thus using the opportunity to retell T'Challa's origin in a new and interesting manner. One can only wonder exactly how they'll fit into the new continuity, but readers will discover Black Panther and the Fantastic Four's fates for themselves when Black Panther Legends #4 releases in March 2022.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-new-marvel-origin-fantastic-four-wakanda/

I'm sure they mean well, but this seems entirely unnecessary and worse still? A complete insult to T'Challa as a character...much less Wakanda as a "character".

Somebody get Redjack to right away to write away on this stuff the right way.

All Hail Redjack.

And where da heck is Evan Narcisse? He'd smash this stuff.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw