Author Topic: Ultimates˛ #6 - Discussion (Spoilers page 4)  (Read 2028 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Ultimates˛ #6 - Discussion (Spoilers page 4)
« on: April 21, 2017, 05:24:28 am »

The Cosmic Jailer — revealed! In this special issue, we tell the shocking secret history of the one being that could chain Eternity! But why? The answers go back to the very beginning of the Marvel Cosmos — and beyond!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:52:39 am by MindofShadow »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Ultimates˛ #6 - Discussion (Preview)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 05:26:56 am »

This gif is a perfect summary of the book

- zzzzzzzz
- oh sh*t si that tchalla yay ok i'll pay attentio...
- zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 06:30:46 am »
Yea.. Ewing really missed the mark with this book man, he talked it up in interviews of the Ultimates taking on big threats and Having characters cut loose... then created a villain they can't punch out because he is too abstract... Then made the book a Galactus solo.. and now its just becoming.. Boring as F... Should of just toned it down to an ancient race has found a way to lock up the multiverse (or not even go that grand) just an ancient race has been stirring up crap and the ultimates have to stop them before they unleash an evil into the multiverse..

Like seriously this has been such a waste of potential with how little the actual cast is doing anything and it could of been really cool for them to be kinda the new FF team but more punchy

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 07:03:46 am »
*sigh*

Def not a bad book, but for sure not my cup of tea.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 07:12:43 am »

Def not a bad book, but for sure not my cup of tea.

yeah, just as a pure book, objectively, not really tooo much wrong with it if you love high concept sci fi abstract stuff.

But there is a reason this is the only cosmic book I am pulling because cosmic bores me to tears (Thor doesn't count)

I just REALLY think this should have been called "Galactus and the Ultimates" with the relauch. I think that may have increased sales/pulled more people in AND been more honest.

Oh well... we seem to get one T'challa moment per trade and we already got it this trade so i'll wait for the next one... (unless it gets cancelled)...

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 07:20:46 am »
I think it is a bad book. 

Bad art work.

Bad utilization of marquee characters.

Bad follow through of the expectations that were articulated to fans by the author, for 2 seasons in a row now.

It's no coincidence sales plummeted.

How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Mortal Man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 07:25:23 am »
I thought T'Challa was going to be a herald of galactus?  On a college student part-time schedule?  Whatever happened to that plotline?   

It's KotD all over again.  No scratch that, it's season 1 of Ultimates all over again with the LIES!  And half truths!

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 07:32:03 am »
I thought T'Challa was going to be a herald of galactus?  On a college student part-time schedule?  Whatever happened to that plotline?   

It's KotD all over again.  No scratch that, it's season 1 of Ultimates all over again with the LIES!  And half truths!

- No team leaders... Carol bosses everyone around

- MAC will shut the team down... threw a chair in one half issue

- Adam will get to unleash... only unleashes science lectures

- One of the team will become a Herald... psyche its f*cking Anti-Man!

- Solving the biggest threats... solved galactus maybe? solved the micronaut thing... and then... found Anti-Man for no reason which got people killed.... stuck on earth being Carols arresting people squad... hung out in Galactus crib for reasons...

Offline Chesterfield

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 07:46:28 am »
Yeah this book is a snorefest.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 07:49:55 am »

- No team leaders... Carol bosses everyone around

- MAC will shut the team down... threw a chair in one half issue

- Adam will get to unleash... only unleashes science lectures

- One of the team will become a Herald... psyche its f*cking Anti-Man!

- Solving the biggest threats... solved galactus maybe? solved the micronaut thing... and then... found Anti-Man for no reason which got people killed.... stuck on earth being Carols arresting people squad... hung out in Galactus crib for reasons...

Exactly, Ewing's first two issues were really good in S1, then it went downhill, Till the fight with Thanos, then downhill again, The best issues were 4&5 this season because they could actually punch stuff.

This has been a pretty disappointing book given What was said in interviews and what we got on panel.. Like Everything  Ewing said in the interviews has not happened.. The only good thing about this run is that Ewing's Take on T'Challa has been good. Not Priest level prep or planning but better then any other showing he has had to date since the launch of ANAD

Offline Mortal Man

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 08:02:07 am »
Let's be honest about that micronaut thing, from the CWII tie-in right?

That was just some thrown-together last minute bs.  It had no emotional weight behind it.  That sh*t don't count.

It'd be like having a one page collage of panels "showing" how they "solved" all these different threats and saying "See!  Just as a i advertised!  Now we'll use the remaining 19 pages to reenact Bill Nye the Science Guy! "

« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 08:03:38 am by Mortal Man »

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 01:36:02 pm »

This gif is a perfect summary of the book

- zzzzzzzz
- oh sh*t si that tchalla yay ok i'll pay attentio...
- zzzzzzzzzzzzz

OMG!  MoS, you nearly killed me!  ROTFLMAO!!!

Peace,

Mont

Offline 4sake

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 02:03:08 pm »
The cover of this sum up main reasons why this book continues to bleed readers every month ie CM , Mac & Big G /random cosmic ppl up front/the focus & Those 3 Afrikaans characters - main reason most were buying the book in back/written more like the support cast than the leads atleast two of them (S & BM ) were said to be when this book 1st came out..
This book needs a whole new creative team asap, Ewing can be very hit or miss with Black/Afrikaans characters under his control & he's used 95 % of his good will with me...
Pull List

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 02:41:36 pm »
I can't read the third story page at all.... is there a larger version anywhere?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 02:47:54 pm »
I don't think this is a bad book or boring at all. But then...I have always liked the combination of what I see Ewing is doing, although I have never seen it done before.

In THEU LIMTATES, we should expect THE ULTIMATES to shine. witha tilt toward the newer characters, as they have to be shown to be worthy of the inclusion in THE ULTIMATES. Characters like America, Blue Marvel and Spectrum have distinctly less recognition zip to the average 616 MU members than do Carol and TChalla. I understand the writing choices he made here.

And TChalla DID notch the most significant physical win in their throwdown with the other supergroup, and he showed his "prep" too, as he knew that Carol would take the actions she did during their group dust up. In flagship books, this ULTIMATES has shown TChalla at least flashing his analytical abilities and his prep more times than he has in any other book except for THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK. TChalla also showed nearly galactic level tech when he translated from Earth to help The Ultimates with Galactus.

I may be in the minority here, but i definitely like Ewing's book.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw