Author Topic: Secret Empire  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Secret Empire
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:53:00 pm »
Hard to make these events feel as big as they are when they happen so regularly, but Cap as bad guy would be very formidable.  I will say, Rogers killing the Red Skull felt very, very good.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
Re: Secret Empire
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 11:08:36 am »
My problem with this series is that we all know it'll all eventually be reversed. Cap will be a good guy and, at some point, Red Skull will be back. I know you could say that about pretty much any comic storyline, but honestly I'm evented out. I'd rather have little events like Justice League vs. Suicide Squad than another event that will "change everything we know about the Marvel Universe."

Online CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:11:56 am »
The narration in issue 0 was good. Looking forward to more.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 11:25:26 am »
My problem with this series is that we all know it'll all eventually be reversed. Cap will be a good guy and, at some point, Red Skull will be back. I know you could say that about pretty much any comic storyline, but honestly I'm evented out. I'd rather have little events like Justice League vs. Suicide Squad than another event that will "change everything we know about the Marvel Universe."

People just ignore stuff like monsters unleashed, original sin, IvX, black vortrx, and many other smaller events

Consumers created this lol

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 05:50:27 am »
so, Marvel let people look at the FCBD issue and the stunning spoiler at the end.

and because they are stupid and don't realize SOMEONE will leak it... prepare to have your mind blown...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
HydraCap is able to lift Mjolnir.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 10:52:14 am »
so, Marvel let people look at the FCBD issue and the stunning spoiler at the end.

and because they are stupid and don't realize SOMEONE will leak it... prepare to have your mind blown...

That totally made me want to read it. 

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 02:21:55 pm »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 10:40:51 am »

That totally made me want to read it.

Darnit!
Your co-sign makes me want to read the spoiler. I've been trying to resist!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Things Fall Apart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 06:40:32 am »
I really hope they get American Eagle involved in this in via a one shot. 

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 06:57:46 am »
Also, I really wish Nick Spencer would get to write a BP tie-in where they show Steve specifically countering Black Panther, because no way would he fall for this BS.

If I was Steve getting T'challa out of the way would have been one of the first moves made. 

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 07:13:47 am »
Also, I really wish Nick Spencer would get to write a BP tie-in where they show Steve specifically countering Black Panther, because no way would he fall for this BS.

If I was Steve getting T'challa out of the way would have been one of the first moves made.

I will be curious to how global this story is.

Wakanda would be very very very very very very interested and concerned by this.

sh*t, BP  was worried about Civil War so they would def be worried about Hydra takeover

I wish Coates would tie in :( tie ins can be cool when it fits and Secret Empire definitely fits.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2017, 07:33:00 am »

Wakanda would be very very very very very very interested and concerned by this.

sh*t, BP  was worried about Civil War so they would def be worried about Hydra takeover

I wish Coates would tie in :( tie ins can be cool when it fits and Secret Empire definitely fits.

My hope is that Doctor Faustus' upcoming appearance in BP #14 is a seed for a upcoming tie-in or a notable BP appearance in the Secret Empire book.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2017, 08:07:55 am »

By its very nature it would have to be global.  If the main world power, and central hub of all super powers fell to Hydra there is no way there wouldn't be global ramifications.  I think this may be dealt with in the Anthology spinoff series with the All New Invaders.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 08:18:04 am »

My hope is that Doctor Faustus' upcoming appearance in BP #14 is a seed for a upcoming tie-in or a notable BP appearance in the Secret Empire book.

If not, there is some ridiculously bad timing going on lol.

Editors, what do they do?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 04:53:43 am »
Yoooooooooooooooo they ain't playing around in #1.

So much going on... it jumps ahead a good bit after #0.