Poll

Who should be T'Challa's best black friend? (Pick your top 3)

Luke Cage
10 (25%)
Blade
4 (10%)
Blue Marvel
4 (10%)
Brother Voodoo
8 (20%)
Sam Wilson
3 (7.5%)
Miles Morales
2 (5%)
Nighthawk
1 (2.5%)
Night Trasher
3 (7.5%)
Cloak
0 (0%)
Manifold
2 (5%)
Other
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: "Can I be your Best Black Friend?"  (Read 17626 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: "Can I be your Best Black Friend?"
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 01:07:50 pm »
Cage and Voodoo would be a cooler team than any potential T'challa + team up

(just saying)

Nope Aint having none of that

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 01:35:10 pm »
BP and GL/John Stewart!😂

Ok, I'll still thinking.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 02:04:05 pm »
BP and GL/John Stewart!😂

Ok, I'll still thinking.

Actually, this is the only correct answer.  You win  8)
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 04:31:10 pm »
"Great minds.  Put them together and be unstoppable."

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 04:40:13 pm »
Is there a black Slapstick type character? It would be fun to have a comedian play off BPs straight-man persona.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 05:56:19 pm »
Is there a black Slapstick type character? It would be fun to have a comedian play off BPs straight-man persona.

I'm starting to think of someone like SLJ's other character in Afro Samurai, Ninja Ninja.

Not under that name, tho... I'm picturing a trickster character of unclear origins (and, perhaps, even, physical existence).  Because it would amuse me, I suggest the name Anansi.

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 06:16:44 pm »
I like that. Before I finished reading your sentence I saw trickster character and thought an Anansl too. lol.

When Coates used the Orisha as a base, I was disappointed he didn't pick Shango.

But I guess the Thor fans would come trolling. lol

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 06:39:19 pm »
I like that. Before I finished reading your sentence I saw trickster character and thought an Anansl too. lol.

When Coates used the Orisha as a base, I was disappointed he didn't pick Shango.

But I guess the Thor fans would come trolling. lol

Given that he's already screwing with the Egyptian pantheon, what's one more? ;)

Offline panther0123

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 08:09:10 pm »
I'm thinking...DOCTOR VOODOO. Not Brother...DOCTOR.

I think DOCTOR Voodoo would be a perfect ally for the "Where are the Orishas?" thing, and I would love to see TChalla break out his full on brilliance, resources, and vaunted prep when facing the likes of Dormammu, Nightmare, Chthon, The Hell-Lords, Dracula [ of course ], rematch Mephisto,  Baron Mordo, Doctor Doom [ both TChalla and Voodoo have a score to settle against him ], and all that netherworldly crew from Marvel. Starting with a completely power amped Karnaj, Baron Macabre, and others that are part of Panther's own Rogues Gallery.

Coates may address some of this, but...after his last smashing of TChalla and Wakanda? Not loving anything he's writing. Although, I gotta admit, in almost a contradiction to the previous sentence? His opener for BLACK PANTHER #13 with STORM? Dope. An area of Storm and TChalla that is way overdue for exploration. PRIEST, with his brilliant self, did the most thoroughgoing job via Moon Knight. And Hickman, believe it or not, expanded that area wit hthe interactions with Bast...and evne though I'm not loving how he bonded Reed and TChalla as brothers in this Rite? I know that doing so helped raise the profile of both characters [ most especially TChalla, tbh ] during that time. For which? I thank Hickman.

Being a self defense expert, an Old Skool Dungeons and Dragons head with a special study of Afrikan magic, gods, etc? I could rock the hell outta this kind of story. Lol. Mess around and be a standalone fanfic. I do address a significant slice of Motherland Magic with TChalla's interactions with the Gods of Asgard and Olympus in my fanfic...

Pros:

Literally Black magic!
Incredible untapped potential we can pimp to the max
The power of his spiritual Brother can align him with great magicks like THE IBEJI [ which makes him beyond Nightmare's ability to defeat...]
RH named him "LORD OF THE LOAS",dawg! Let's rock that!
We can really explore his warrior side, which is neglected
His personal life is also largely neglected, although RICK REMENDER did tremendous work with him

Cons:
Almost entirely unknown in the MU, so a team up? Won't exactly set the masses to salivating with glee prior to the series launching

Hard to get him to mesh cleanly with the megatech of TChalla

May have real distrust issues with TChalla, because after all? TChalla DID choose to let him die in THE INCURSIONS, when a lot of that could have been avoided if THE ILLUMINATI weren't so arrogant

His Loa may or may not have static with the pantheon in Wakanda

Introduce either a young hyper powerful "Eshu" or a DM named Yemaya. they can work on many different levels. It would would be something that would tie them together. East and West (Africa). On top of that you you have Teachers/Students or Earned skill/Gift ones. It could work. If you show the Children as OP and the BP and DV as the mentors (Which both fight above their power levels). You would have a Wakandan Version for of the X-Men in a way that has not really been seen. Throw in some some true Afrikan history and you have.....
STRORIES FOR DAYS.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 09:13:05 pm »
I'm thinking...DOCTOR VOODOO. Not Brother...DOCTOR.

I think DOCTOR Voodoo would be a perfect ally for the "Where are the Orishas?" thing, and I would love to see TChalla break out his full on brilliance, resources, and vaunted prep when facing the likes of Dormammu, Nightmare, Chthon, The Hell-Lords, Dracula [ of course ], rematch Mephisto,  Baron Mordo, Doctor Doom [ both TChalla and Voodoo have a score to settle against him ], and all that netherworldly crew from Marvel. Starting with a completely power amped Karnaj, Baron Macabre, and others that are part of Panther's own Rogues Gallery.

Coates may address some of this, but...after his last smashing of TChalla and Wakanda? Not loving anything he's writing. Although, I gotta admit, in almost a contradiction to the previous sentence? His opener for BLACK PANTHER #13 with STORM? Dope. An area of Storm and TChalla that is way overdue for exploration. PRIEST, with his brilliant self, did the most thoroughgoing job via Moon Knight. And Hickman, believe it or not, expanded that area wit hthe interactions with Bast...and evne though I'm not loving how he bonded Reed and TChalla as brothers in this Rite? I know that doing so helped raise the profile of both characters [ most especially TChalla, tbh ] during that time. For which? I thank Hickman.

Being a self defense expert, an Old Skool Dungeons and Dragons head with a special study of Afrikan magic, gods, etc? I could rock the hell outta this kind of story. Lol. Mess around and be a standalone fanfic. I do address a significant slice of Motherland Magic with TChalla's interactions with the Gods of Asgard and Olympus in my fanfic...

Pros:

Literally Black magic!
Incredible untapped potential we can pimp to the max
The power of his spiritual Brother can align him with great magicks like THE IBEJI [ which makes him beyond Nightmare's ability to defeat...]
RH named him "LORD OF THE LOAS",dawg! Let's rock that!
We can really explore his warrior side, which is neglected
His personal life is also largely neglected, although RICK REMENDER did tremendous work with him

Cons:
Almost entirely unknown in the MU, so a team up? Won't exactly set the masses to salivating with glee prior to the series launching

Hard to get him to mesh cleanly with the megatech of TChalla

May have real distrust issues with TChalla, because after all? TChalla DID choose to let him die in THE INCURSIONS, when a lot of that could have been avoided if THE ILLUMINATI weren't so arrogant

His Loa may or may not have static with the pantheon in Wakanda

Introduce either a young hyper powerful "Eshu" or a DM named Yemaya. they can work on many different levels. It would would be something that would tie them together. East and West (Africa). On top of that you you have Teachers/Students or Earned skill/Gift ones. It could work. If you show the Children as OP and the BP and DV as the mentors (Which both fight above their power levels). You would have a Wakandan Version for of the X-Men in a way that has not really been seen. Throw in some some true Afrikan history and you have.....
STRORIES FOR DAYS.

^^^This right up in here? Fanfic material. Hmmm...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 10:31:08 am »
Is Achebe canon because I want him back?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 01:13:16 pm »
Is Achebe canon because I want him back?

Why wouldn't he be Canon?

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 02:26:14 pm »
*looks at poll results*

Damn, no love for Wesley.  The dream is dead  :-[
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2017, 03:19:09 pm »
*looks at poll results*

Get him on a Good team first, build him back up then throw him in with T'Challa somewhere down the line. Or... through in T'Challa, Blade, Cage, Voodoo, Spectrum, and and another WoC and have Hudlin's OG team come back to life

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 03:29:15 pm »
*looks at poll results*

Get him on a Good team first, build him back up then throw him in with T'Challa somewhere down the line. Or... through in T'Challa, Blade, Cage, Voodoo, Spectrum, and and another WoC and have Hudlin's OG team come back to life

Missing guy? Should be BLADE to keep it 100. If not? We should get Night Thrasher.

And we need the return of THE PATRIOT, and we need a sistah here. This team lacks Sistah Power. Maybe...DRAKE. The sistah who mentored [ and beat the ass of ] Elektra. A more beautified, more "hood" DRAKE. Because their team lacks a ninja. Drake? Fits the bill. And then some.

Um. Where's Shang Chi? We need us some Shang Chi. There is a major lack of Mastering Kung Fu roundabout these parts. Where's Kasper Cole? We need Kasper on a team. Why isn't Redjack's guy mentioned here? This right here would be a great way to amp his profile and name wreck [ recognition ].

Nightmask and Captain Universe needs to return. The sistah who was the embodiment of The Universe in Hickman's run. Captain Marvel? Captain Universe? Whatever her name was. Something like that. That sistah and Nightmask should be on THE ULTIMATES.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:35:59 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw