Poll

Who should be T'Challa's best black friend? (Pick your top 3)

Luke Cage
10 (25%)
Blade
4 (10%)
Blue Marvel
4 (10%)
Brother Voodoo
8 (20%)
Sam Wilson
3 (7.5%)
Miles Morales
2 (5%)
Nighthawk
1 (2.5%)
Night Trasher
3 (7.5%)
Cloak
0 (0%)
Manifold
2 (5%)
Other
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: "Can I be your Best Black Friend?"  (Read 17622 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: "Can I be your Best Black Friend?"
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2017, 04:37:22 pm »
I mean captain plot device?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2017, 04:54:44 pm »
Yea Cap Universe would need to be depowered some otherwise she couldn't be use without it being ex machina. I wouldn't mind her being Used. It could be something like after the MU was restored she is only able to use 75% of her power the rest is lost. (Or she has to hold back her Power to keep her sanity, lots of angles).

Really I would like to see any WoC get some more Love. Also I would like RH dream to be s reality and get us a Black Avenger's team

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2017, 06:11:49 pm »
He would really get along with Adam Brashear, for sure.  That would really appeal to his intellectual side. 

But he would have the most fun hanging with Luke Cage. 

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2017, 06:39:14 pm »
Vibrania, exposed to Vibranium so it would put her in good with Panther and Wakanda and could stir up a little drama with Storm but I don't recall her age.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2017, 07:16:07 pm »
He would really get along with Adam Brashear, for sure.  That would really appeal to his intellectual side. 

I could see them being kindred spirits on the intellect side,
but I don't think Tchalla likes Adam, atleast not How Ewing has portrayed the relationship as there are a conflict in beliefs, but I could see a world's finest under the right writer. Cage is the most fun Ilike a buddy action adventure.

Blue marvel and T'Challa would be like Batman and Superman

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2017, 06:38:37 am »
*looks at poll results*

Damn, no love for Wesley.  The dream is dead  :-[

Night Thrasher has more votes

NIGHT THRASHER!

blade really is a dead character lol. how did it go so wrong...

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2017, 07:59:28 am »
*looks at poll results*

Damn, no love for Wesley.  The dream is dead  :-[

Night Thrasher has more votes

NIGHT THRASHER!

blade really is a dead character lol. how did it go so wrong...

Surprised thrasher is so close to Voodoo, also surprised blue marvel is up there. As a tied for 3rd. I guess world's finest under is a thought more people have as well.

I think the problem with blade is that he is in limbo and he has been heavily limited

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2017, 08:00:41 am »
Utter mismanagement by Marvel, as usual.  They frittered away all the capital the movies brought with poorly-written stories and odd choices (like giving him a prosthetic hand). 

But Blade has an interesting problem... his character concept (The Punisher, except with swords and vampires) is a bit too easy.  After the first arc where he hunts down a vampire and kills it... what do you do next?

(The "Blade has a daughter he didn't know about" pitch they semi-announced a while back might have worked.  But I get the feeling he'dve ended up a supporting character in his own title.  And you all know how I feel about that. :) )

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2017, 09:04:06 am »
Utter mismanagement by Marvel, as usual.  They frittered away all the capital the movies brought with poorly-written stories and odd choices (like giving him a prosthetic hand). 

But Blade has an interesting problem... his character concept (The Punisher, except with swords and vampires) is a bit too easy.  After the first arc where he hunts down a vampire and kills it... what do you do next?

(The "Blade has a daughter he didn't know about" pitch they semi-announced a while back might have worked.  But I get the feeling he'dve ended up a supporting character in his own title.  And you all know how I feel about that. :) )

After vampires he should of moved up to supernatural monsters in general, you know what would of been a good introduction to bring him back? That monster's Unleashed mini event, have him hunting monsters, vampire's werewolves, Pretty much skies the limit.  Just bring him back.

I thought about what Hudlin said awhile back about a Black Avengers/Avengers Black group. I would use that to throw him back in:
Tchalla the Grandmaster chess player/brains
Cage the tank/ comic relief
Voodoo mystics
Blade the lone wolf
Monica & Storm glass cannons
Thor token White guy but also brick to throw at things

T'Challa, Thor, and cage will be the big draws as they have the most popularity with movie's and Netflix shows.
Now there is a varied team of 90% POC and a varied powersets and a pretty wide range of threat's they can take on. Could be load's of fun

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2017, 09:43:57 am »

Blade hunts the supernatural with swords instead og magic spells

Even the movies were forward enough thinking to go "oh wait what after vampires" when they almost introduced lyca errr... werewolves to the picture.

what did they hunt in Mighty Avengers where he was there? i cant remmber

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2017, 04:54:36 pm »

This is now OFFICIALLY canon.

Moving on.
We're done here.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2017, 06:28:20 pm »
I literally know nothing about night thrasher,
other then he had a skateboard. What's his deal?

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2017, 08:53:52 pm »

After vampires he should of moved up to supernatural monsters in general, you know what would of been a good introduction to bring him back? That monster's Unleashed mini event, have him hunting monsters, vampire's werewolves, Pretty much skies the limit.  Just bring him back.

I thought about what Hudlin said awhile back about a Black Avengers/Avengers Black group. I would use that to throw him back in:
Voodoo mystics
Blade the lone wolf

T'Challa, Thor, and cage will be the big draws as they have the most popularity with movie's and Netflix shows.
Now there is a varied team of 90% POC and a varied powersets and a pretty wide range of threat's they can take on. Could be load's of fun

You mean "moved BACK" to Supernatural. So many people forget/don't know that Blade was originally a "supernatural monster hunter", who was only pigeon-holded into a vampire hunter. in later years.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2017, 09:14:25 am »

Voodoo mystics
Blade the lone wolf

You mean "moved BACK" to Supernatural. So many people forget/don't know that Blade was originally a "supernatural monster hunter", who was only pigeon-holded into a vampire hunter. in later years.

What ever needs to be done man. Blade needs the respect he deserves, hos movies as a POC being successful before the superhero movie Hype took off needs to be reconized and he needs to get back out there