Author Topic: Are we getting Ororo and T'challa back together?  (Read 18436 times)

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Are we getting Ororo and T'challa back together?
« on: April 28, 2017, 10:32:18 am »
I'm trying not to get excited, but if Coates puts these 2 back together, all will be forgiven in my eyes.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Are we getting Ororo and T'challa back together?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 10:34:07 am »
I hope not.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 10:36:57 am »
I hope not.

Why not?
Who should he be with?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

APEXABYSS

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:45:41 am »
eventually it's gonna happen. RH was on to something...

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 10:49:38 am »

Why not?

unless somethign changed, it will be just like last time where one writer champions the cause while the other writers bitch, moan, complain, and take pot shots at every single oppoturnity.

And this isn't an "old" issue. THis was a few months ago...

So what is the point? Make T'challa a one woman man while Storm... isn't.... in the other books?

I don't want to read about T'cuckold.

If Storm is still his "best friend" and they still fling every now and again, sure, why not. Storm was one of the few people who could open up to pre-marriage anyway.

BUT at the same time, T'challa should be just as available to every other heroine in his vicinity as well.

Who should he be with?

Anyone available as long as its organic to the story.

A wakandan, carol, monica, psylocke, emma, crystal, rachel, gullotine, anyone that is interested in a billionaire king. i don't give a hoot.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 03:23:47 pm »
I'm trying not to get excited, but if Coates puts these 2 back together, all will be forgiven in my eyes.

Almost my thoughts. I'll still be hatin over Rape Camps.

Why not?

unless somethign changed, it will be just like last time where one writer champions the cause while the other writers bitch, moan, complain, and take pot shots at every single oppoturnity.

And this isn't an "old" issue. THis was a few months ago...

So what is the point? Make T'challa a one woman man while Storm... isn't.... in the other books?

I don't want to read about T'cuckold.

If Storm is still his "best friend" and they still fling every now and again, sure, why not. Storm was one of the few people who could open up to pre-marriage anyway.

BUT at the same time, T'challa should be just as available to every other heroine in his vicinity as well.

Who should he be with?

Anyone available as long as its organic to the story.

A wakandan, carol, monica, psylocke, emma, crystal, rachel, gullotine, anyone that is interested in a billionaire king. i don't give a hoot.

^^^Both my fear and...my proof that Marvel is still racist. STOP. THAT. BULLMESS. Really. Ride the Black Panther wave. Bleep hatin ass writers. Who wrote Storm apologizing and saying TChalla betrayed Carol? Carol was trippin...and I LIKE her. But she WAS TRIPPIN. She's lucky TChalla didn't backslap her.

Plus? TChalla and Carol are kinda friends now. They're back together in The Ultimates, anyway. So. Stop it.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 04:41:12 pm »
I wouldn't say they are friends, There is a wedge there. It's more frenemy's as t the moment with then throwing jokes at each other but not being buddies.

But I would like Tchalla out flirting some more. He Tried the wife thing, marvel killed It so let him indulge the bachelor life a little, have him flirt around, I'm sure there are some who want to get down with the king

Offline Kasper Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 10:08:51 am »
I wouldn't even mind if writers were showing the two of them as still being contentious if not for the fact that T'Challa is ALWAYS painted as the bad guy in the situation. EVERY SINGLE TIME T'Challa is painted as the one for all the off panel problems in their relationship.

Also one has to laugh at the absurdity of the entire civil War II event (where that panel originated), where Storm of all people was fighting on the side of a government organization profiling people and working with the Inhumans.

Seriously, when is someone going to write a comic where Storm is taken to task for her ineffectiveness and hypocrisy? It's part of why her being in Black Panther & The Crew and suddenly seeming "woke" as it relates to black people seems odd. Storm often comes across as a pseudo activist.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 12:13:27 pm »
I wouldn't even mind if writers were showing the two of them as still being contentious if not for the fact that T'Challa is ALWAYS painted as the bad guy in the situation. EVERY SINGLE TIME T'Challa is painted as the one for all the off panel problems in their relationship.

Also one has to laugh at the absurdity of the entire civil War II event (where that panel originated), where Storm of all people was fighting on the side of a government organization profiling people and working with the Inhumans.

Seriously, when is someone going to write a comic where Storm is taken to task for her ineffectiveness and hypocrisy? It's part of why her being in Black Panther & The Crew and suddenly seeming "woke" as it relates to black people seems odd. Storm often comes across as a pseudo activist.

Storm's never been that "woke" when it comes to black people, outside of some vague and generic "We need to help the Africans!" storyline. Especially when it comes to Black Americans. That's why so many (I'd say the vast majority of) X-fans love her (because she's "safe") and that's why she was given a wedding present about Black History during Hudlin's run; where she recited her "Newfound Black Knowledge" with a childish analogy, when she and BP went to visit Atlantis. Where she also mentioned the word "played", when it came to Namor's conversation with BP.

If Coates makes her culturally aware, in this book to black issues, and tries to imply that she's always been "woke", then he's a hack comic writer.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:25:37 pm by Booshman »

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 12:31:10 pm »

Storm's never been that "woke" when it comes to black people, outside of some vague and generic "We need to help the Africans!" storyline. Especially when it comes to Black Americans. That's why so many (I'd say the vast majority of) X-fans love her (because she's "safe") and that's why she was given a wedding present about Black History during Hudlin's run; where she recited her "Newfound Black Knowledge" with a childish analogy, when she and BP went to visit Atlantis. Where she also mentioned the word "played", when it came to Namor's conversation with BP.

If Coates makes her culturally aware, in this book to black issues, and tries to imply that she's always been "woke", then he's a hack comic writer.

Coates is a hack comic book writer regardless.

There's nothing "woke" about him whatsoever.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 12:36:00 pm »

Coates is a hack comic book writer regardless.

There's nothing "woke" about him whatsoever.

He really needs to go back to The Atlantic and to paling around with Chris Hayes (who I like as an investigative journalist, but nothing beyond that) and the other white liberals on MSNBC.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 12:47:01 pm »
Coates likes Storm so hes likely to "woke her up"...

With all the nuance of a sledgehammer

Hopefuly misty takes her to task about it in the book.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 05:01:43 pm »
Coates likes Storm so hes likely to "woke her up"...

With all the nuance of a sledgehammer

Hopefuly misty takes her to task about it in the book.

I agree.
And I agree with the white people friendly label that Storm has. It's true.
If it wasn't for her high melanin count, she'd probably be blond.