Author Topic: Are we getting Ororo and T'challa back together?  (Read 18437 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Are we getting Ororo and T'challa back together?
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2017, 04:55:22 pm »
She never should have left the Cyclops side of the X-men.

she needed to be Cyclops moral center as he descended into madness essentially. Similar to the role she played on the Extinction Team. She needed to be the opposite of Emma.

She had no role on the school/wolverine side. Wolverine filled all the roles lol.

Unfortunately, she came to "prominence" on the X Line during the worst period of X-Men comics in a long time.

Coming back on here after a while and saw this reply...and totally agree.  Warren Ellis during his short stint actually had Storm while married to T'Challa working with Cyclops team and she played incredibly well opposite Emma while showcasing her physical and mutant prowess.  Read the "xenogenesis" storyline Ellis wrote for good Storm also.

Thing Is, Claremont did so much and the most with Storm's growth as a character when she went from being a seemingly mystical type weather goddess to a warrior even without powers (Morlocks storyline, when she lost her powers, becoming one with the Acanti, leadership during the "outback" years, leadership of the "gold team") to leading the Xmen at different times for quite a while that it almost seems new writers now don't know what to do with her and haven't for years. But then again, they haven't known what to do with the X-MEN for years now hence their declining sales.

And none of the Xmen can really hold their own comic, and were never designed to.  Wolverine doesn't count because he first came on and was intended as a solo character that got put in later.  Storm's whole purpose was to be a part of a team, or family.  They really just need to do more with her in the Xmen again.

I like her and T'Challa together when written well...but Storm fans in this "woke" and feminist age will simply see her being taken outside of her "family" to serve as Black Panther's "Mera" so to speak...and no matter how you cut it she would be a secondary character to that main character's book and mythos.  Since its called "the Black Panther".

It would be cool and maybe a compromise however if they were to just date and she show up in his book every now and then while still being with her "family" in the Xmen.

Whassup man. Been awhile.

I like your post above. I also [repeatedly stated for months that I ] liked ELLIS STORM better than any previous Storm overall, with the "best" of CC STORM as a close second, and YOST Storm was killin it, too. I have little to disagree with regarding your post above. I agree with everything...even acknowledging that it would be acompromise to have TChalla and Storm date for a year or so. Then have them marry after THE BLACK PANTHER SOLO MOVIE comes out and SMASHES ALL KINDS OF ANUS. Then? Like I said. TChalla will be a society changing engine making Black Panther TOO COOL FOR FOOLS. And then? The X-FANS won't be hatin on TChalla so much...because they can't. The general public will like and even love them some TChalla.

That's when sparks for their remarriage can really start to fly. And that's when. We can start bringing Ororo into the fold in BP's movies. And the X-Movies. Without taking any shine from Shuri or Ramonda or the Dora Milaje.

But. If we keep it all the way 100?

Eff the X-Fans hating on TChoro. No matter their color. I actually kinda wanna spar them, just to feel the joy of beating them down. Shouldn't be that way at my age, but...

This is the greatest opportunity Marvel will ever have of saving Storm. Let her go, leave the X-verse. Her time there is done and there's nothing left for her to do.

Bring her to MCU BP movie #2 as a last scene cameo and watch the buzz effin' fly. Barack and Michelle Obama in the MCU.

Dunno...thats speculation.  A writer, A good writer heavily invested in the Xmen as a unit and Storm's character could find plenty for her to do and make her compelling still.  Warren Ellis did .  Marvel really hasn't known what to do with the X-MEN as a whole for years...not just Storm.  Personally would rather she be wallpaper than her go the route Cyclops went, for instance. But movie Storm sucked mostly.

For that matter, they really haven't known what to do with BP either at least in the comics in the last few years, or ever since at least Hudlon left.  So outside the movie, not sure how she'd fare there either.  But she IS an Xman staple no.matter how she may be written now, so why not compromise and have her connected to Tchalla whole still an Xman?
The story mini world's apart was the comprise,
that's how you merge her being Queen and an Xmen. Which would lead to great stories and huge opportunity for her to actually develop as a character With a rogue gallery and the lot's of wiggle room. but Logan needed or bust a nut and sooooo..

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2017, 05:07:00 pm »
if a malevolent entity like Mephisto can somehow rend the Peter & Mary Jane marriage asunder, then I submit that a benevolent deity like Bast can re-establish the marriage between T'Challa and Ororo and 'wipe out' the annulment era, including the Wolverine hookups.
I'd like to see a story like this. Hmm..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2017, 05:58:46 pm »
if a malevolent entity like Mephisto can somehow rend the Peter & Mary Jane marriage asunder, then I submit that a benevolent deity like Bast can re-establish the marriage between T'Challa and Ororo and 'wipe out' the annulment era, including the Wolverine hookups.

Co Signed!

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2017, 06:10:33 pm »

Co Signed!

Double cosigned!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2017, 06:39:36 pm »

Co Signed!

Double cosigned!!

Triple!

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2017, 07:27:23 pm »

she needed to be Cyclops moral center as he descended into madness essentially. Similar to the role she played on the Extinction Team. She needed to be the opposite of Emma.

She had no role on the school/wolverine side. Wolverine filled all the roles lol.

Unfortunately, she came to "prominence" on the X Line during the worst period of X-Men comics in a long time.

Coming back on here after a while and saw this reply...and totally agree.  Warren Ellis during his short stint actually had Storm while married to T'Challa working with Cyclops team and she played incredibly well opposite Emma while showcasing her physical and mutant prowess.  Read the "xenogenesis" storyline Ellis wrote for good Storm also.

Thing Is, Claremont did so much and the most with Storm's growth as a character when she went from being a seemingly mystical type weather goddess to a warrior even without powers (Morlocks storyline, when she lost her powers, becoming one with the Acanti, leadership during the "outback" years, leadership of the "gold team") to leading the Xmen at different times for quite a while that it almost seems new writers now don't know what to do with her and haven't for years. But then again, they haven't known what to do with the X-MEN for years now hence their declining sales.

And none of the Xmen can really hold their own comic, and were never designed to.  Wolverine doesn't count because he first came on and was intended as a solo character that got put in later.  Storm's whole purpose was to be a part of a team, or family.  They really just need to do more with her in the Xmen again.

I like her and T'Challa together when written well...but Storm fans in this "woke" and feminist age will simply see her being taken outside of her "family" to serve as Black Panther's "Mera" so to speak...and no matter how you cut it she would be a secondary character to that main character's book and mythos.  Since its called "the Black Panther".

It would be cool and maybe a compromise however if they were to just date and she show up in his book every now and then while still being with her "family" in the Xmen.

I like your post above. I also [repeatedly stated for months that I ] liked ELLIS STORM better than any previous Storm overall, with the "best" of CC STORM as a close second, and YOST Storm was killin it, too. I have little to disagree with regarding your post above. I agree with everything...even acknowledging that it would be acompromise to have TChalla and Storm date for a year or so. Then have them marry after THE BLACK PANTHER SOLO MOVIE comes out and SMASHES ALL KINDS OF ANUS. Then? Like I said. TChalla will be a society changing engine making Black Panther TOO COOL FOR FOOLS. And then? The X-FANS won't be hatin on TChalla so much...because they can't. The general public will like and even love them some TChalla.

That's when sparks for their remarriage can really start to fly. And that's when. We can start bringing Ororo into the fold in BP's movies. And the X-Movies. Without taking any shine from Shuri or Ramonda or the Dora Milaje.

Eff the X-Fans hating on TChoro. No matter their color. I actually kinda wanna spar them, just to feel the joy of beating them down. Shouldn't be that way at my age, but...

This is the greatest opportunity Marvel will ever have of saving Storm. Let her go, leave the X-verse. Her time there is done and there's nothing left for her to do.

Bring her to MCU BP movie #2 as a last scene cameo and watch the buzz effin' fly. Barack and Michelle Obama in the MCU.

Dunno...thats speculation.  A writer, A good writer heavily invested in the Xmen as a unit and Storm's character could find plenty for her to do and make her compelling still.  Warren Ellis did .  Marvel really hasn't known what to do with the X-MEN as a whole for years...not just Storm.  Personally would rather she be wallpaper than her go the route Cyclops went, for instance. But movie Storm sucked mostly.

For that matter, they really haven't known what to do with BP either at least in the comics in the last few years, or ever since at least Hudlon left.  So outside the movie, not sure how she'd fare there either.  But she IS an Xman staple no.matter how she may be written now, so why not compromise and have her connected to Tchalla whole still an Xman?

Greg Pak tried. Nothing. She's stuck in a rut in the X-Men. BP was her out. Reggie Hudlin showed what you could do with a power couple in the right hands. You won't get that in the X-Men. What did they do when she left BP? Throw her in bed with Logan as a piece. What important storyline in the X-Men was she the key player? Nothing.

Emma and Kitty are the leading ladies of the X-Men. Look at what they are doing with Rogue. Major time leading an Avengers team, key player, getting spotlight and love. She broke out of the rut and is doing her thing. Storm is just broken in the X-verse.

Greg Pak's book was weak and not very exciting or well written.  Even Storm's personality seemed off. But like I said, dont think most of the xmen were ever meant or designed to be solo characters.  Storm included...they all function far better as part of a team. And why are people still going on about the Logan thing?  That was years ago wasn't it?  I didn't like them getting together either but is that still a sore point for some?

Totally agree they haven't made her a key player in much but its.not like she didn't have her time because she was a top key player with heavy development for decades.  Maybe it's Kitty and Emma's time now.  Either way, any character can be written up by a good writer with strong interest, even within the same team book.  Saying a fictional character has hit "rock bottom" With nowhere to go doesn't gel when nearly anything can be done with them. With Panther however it's possible she could have done more but still not as an independent character but as the wife to the main lead.  Neither option probably isn't good to most fans of hers.  They'd probably just want to see her written prominently in the xmen more.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:41:03 am by A.Curry »

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2017, 02:50:28 am »

Thanks Supreme for the compliment.  I like Ellis as a writer quite a bit and his Storm was really good for the short while he wrote Xmen.  Cant say though I liked it better than CC at his strongest though as he did a lot to develop the character.  Ellis did the best at recapturing her voice though.

I would've LOVED to have seen even back when Hudlon was writing Panther spending a year or so among the Xmen while wooing and getting to know his friend/former lobe Storm again.  Tchalla has spent years away from Wakanda with Avengers and what not, it might have been cool have not gone straight into the marriage and build it up with Panther helping the Xmen while spending time with Storm.  Playing chess with his old avenger ally Beast, debating with Xavier...that could have been a good build up.

In any case, there's so.much open to Panther now and hed probably be better off being with someon from.his world and mythos.  There is plenty of opportunity for that. 

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2017, 04:36:55 am »

Co Signed!

Double cosigned!!

Triple!
Quadruple! (In my mind, they have a secret American marriage license that is still active.)
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Chesterfield

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2017, 11:01:37 am »
As far as the MCU goes why complicate things? If they can get storm ala QS and Wanda then fine; if not then just use Tessa Thompson. As Valkyrie she's a "goddess" and she's black and not only is she in Thor Ragnarok this year but she'll be with Boseman and everyone else in IW. Problem solved!

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2017, 03:13:26 pm »
As far as the MCU goes why complicate things? If they can get storm ala QS and Wanda then fine; if not then just use Tessa Thompson. As Valkyrie she's a "goddess" and she's black and not only is she in Thor Ragnarok this year but she'll be with Boseman and everyone else in IW. Problem solved!

A Valkyrie and King of the Dead... Now that seems like a match.

Offline marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2017, 03:33:25 pm »

Very good post.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2017, 03:33:39 pm »

That would be pretty crazy. You think they are gonna race bend Comic Valk?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2017, 03:40:01 pm »

Valykrie originally was trapped within the body of Barbara (Something).  While Barbara was in her body.  They could always revisit that event, except now she has changed bodies with a Wakandan woman.  Or just introduce a new one; after all Valykrie is a position, not a name

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2017, 03:52:57 pm »

Valykrie originally was trapped within the body of Barbara (Something).  While Barbara was in her body.  They could always revisit that event, except now she has changed bodies with a Wakandan woman.  Or just introduce a new one; after all Valykrie is a position, not a name

I see, It could be fun so have T'Challa have some ties to Thor too, lots of fun adventures there

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2017, 05:23:25 pm »
It seems like they let go of Rogue... why not Storm?

Diversity?

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!