Author Topic: Are we getting Ororo and T'challa back together?  (Read 46965 times)

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
Re: Are we getting Ororo and T'challa back together?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2017, 05:15:45 pm »
I wouldn't even mind if writers were showing the two of them as still being contentious if not for the fact that T'Challa is ALWAYS painted as the bad guy in the situation. EVERY SINGLE TIME T'Challa is painted as the one for all the off panel problems in their relationship.

Also one has to laugh at the absurdity of the entire civil War II event (where that panel originated), where Storm of all people was fighting on the side of a government organization profiling people and working with the Inhumans.

Seriously, when is someone going to write a comic where Storm is taken to task for her ineffectiveness and hypocrisy? It's part of why her being in Black Panther & The Crew and suddenly seeming "woke" as it relates to black people seems odd. Storm often comes across as a pseudo activist.

Storm's never been that "woke" when it comes to black people, outside of some vague and generic "We need to help the Africans!" storyline. Especially when it comes to Black Americans. That's why so many (I'd say the vast majority of) X-fans love her (because she's "safe") and that's why she was given a wedding present about Black History during Hudlin's run; where she recited her "Newfound Black Knowledge" with a childish analogy, when she and BP went to visit Atlantis. Where she also mentioned the word "played", when it came to Namor's conversation with BP.

If Coates makes her culturally aware, in this book to black issues, and tries to imply that she's always been "woke", then he's a hack comic writer.

So what you're saying is, everytime there's a crossroads in interpreting an event for BP (like the end of SW #9, or his desire to be king vs hero, or the Dora situation, or talking about he hasn't dated a "Wakandan woman") Coates will always choose the sh*ttiest condescending interpretation to represent (or straight up recton) T'Challa... but when it comes to Storm and her own shortcomings, he'll not only give her a pass but he'll also do her a solid too by rewriting the history so that it was never an issue?

Sounds about right.

How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Online JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2017, 05:40:36 pm »
Let's keep it a hundred. Reggie and the Maestro (RIP) were the only ones who even cared to make T'Challa and Ororo work.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 06:26:34 pm »
Let's keep it a hundred. Reggie and the Maestro (RIP) were the only ones who even cared to make T'Challa and Ororo work.

I think Liss would of done a good job, had marvel not forced him into such a sh*tty premise and told him he couldn't use Storm so he was forced to give Tchalla a bullsh*t reason for why she couldn't be there

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 06:56:39 pm »
That is why we nerd an originally created character. Zenzi has potential to be his catwomen, but well see.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 08:47:33 pm »
I wouldn't even mind if writers were showing the two of them as still being contentious if not for the fact that T'Challa is ALWAYS painted as the bad guy in the situation. EVERY SINGLE TIME T'Challa is painted as the one for all the off panel problems in their relationship.

Also one has to laugh at the absurdity of the entire civil War II event (where that panel originated), where Storm of all people was fighting on the side of a government organization profiling people and working with the Inhumans.

Seriously, when is someone going to write a comic where Storm is taken to task for her ineffectiveness and hypocrisy? It's part of why her being in Black Panther & The Crew and suddenly seeming "woke" as it relates to black people seems odd. Storm often comes across as a pseudo activist.

Storm's never been that "woke" when it comes to black people, outside of some vague and generic "We need to help the Africans!" storyline. Especially when it comes to Black Americans. That's why so many (I'd say the vast majority of) X-fans love her (because she's "safe") and that's why she was given a wedding present about Black History during Hudlin's run; where she recited her "Newfound Black Knowledge" with a childish analogy, when she and BP went to visit Atlantis. Where she also mentioned the word "played", when it came to Namor's conversation with BP.

If Coates makes her culturally aware, in this book to black issues, and tries to imply that she's always been "woke", then he's a hack comic writer.

So what you're saying is, everytime there's a crossroads in interpreting an event for BP (like the end of SW #9, or his desire to be king vs hero, or the Dora situation, or talking about he hasn't dated a "Wakandan woman") Coates will always choose the sh*ttiest condescending interpretation to represent (or straight up recton) T'Challa... but when it comes to Storm and her own shortcomings, he'll not only give her a pass but he'll also do her a solid too by rewriting the history so that it was never an issue?

Sounds about right.

He's just trying to be the best ("true") male feminist that he can be. Wish fulfillment/"doing a character justice" is only an issue when it comes to BP. Because of his lack of a vagina. And because the irrelevant and insignificant "Dora version of the Carol Corps" (who couldn't keep their foolish book afloat) will scream in disgust if BP doesn't have shade thrown at him via hamfisted false narratives.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 08:35:11 am by Booshman »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 05:05:13 am »

I think Liss would of done a good job, had marvel not forced him into such a sh*tty premise and told him he couldn't use Storm so he was forced to give Tchalla a bullsh*t reason for why she couldn't be there

Seconded.

But. Real talk? I'll take this #13 issue. Even though it offends me. It offends me NOT because it sucked, but in fact because it was by far. Far. The best of the Coatesverse run [ which is not saying much on the one hand, but is saying quite a bit in the leap for Coates' writing in more appropriate characterization for TChalla most especially ] and should have been what we saw from #2 forward. We see zero T'Chumpa [ death to Rape Camps and emasculated ineffective T'Chumpa ]. We see Shuri bust out her new title, "Ancient Future"; which I like very much [ death to Rape Camps and emasculated, ineffective T'Chumpa ]. It gives her a clear and very large writ plus makes sure that writers can't slide her off as a TChalla failure, a Lindsay Lohan of Wakanda, or any other hackjob BS [ death to Rape Camps and allat from #2-#12 ].

However. To my surprise? The art fell off just as sharply as the writing improved. This was by far the worst of Stelfreeze or whoever drew BP. Maybe they didn't have enough time to recover from the vomitous mass of #2-#12 yet [ Vibranium Bomb Rape Camps and atomize T'Chumpa ]. This Coates writing is by far the best Storm characterization I've seen since Hudlin, Maestro [ RIP ] and Pak [ death to...you get it, already ].

But. I know better than to start getting my hopes up. Coates #1 didn't suck, either. Sooo...if the writing and art are sweet from #13 to #17? Then I will say...maybe. If Season 2 is as powerfully T'Challa as Season 1 was as powerfully T'Chumpa? That's a good way to bring us back to a net of zero. If Season 2 is TWICE THE T'CHALLA that Season 1 was as powerfully T'Chumpa?

Now. We gettin some'airs.

Til then? Death to Rape Camps, T'Chumpa, and allat noise.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 06:52:48 am »
"I've had my share of believers?" Got an eyebrow cocked to heavens on that one.

But like OP said, I'll take it. Ororo and T'Challa are just too perfect for one another. The divorce was bullsh*t. The Wolverine/Storm situationship was insulting to everybody involved. If these two get together and ack (not act, ACK) like grown folks, I'm all for it. It seems to me like this is a reboot/retcon, as if the marriage never happened? Or are they doing some cutty buddy stuff here? (My kingdom for some better art. Eaton would've MURKED this.)

Let's keep it real. The MARRIAGE ending was fine, but these two would've been all over each other whenever they could. This pairing (as it's happening) isn't the healthy, loving, marriage that was written by Hudlin and McDuffie, but I can dig it until further notice. As long as they are what they should always be...still black AND f*cking.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:15:42 am by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 09:12:37 am »

Seconded.

But. Real talk? I'll take this #13 issue. Even though it offends me. It offends me NOT because it sucked, but in fact because it was by far. Far. The best of the Coatesverse run [ which is not saying much on the one hand, but is saying quite a bit in the leap for Coates' writing in more appropriate characterization for TChalla most especially ] and should have been what we saw from #2 forward. We see zero T'Chumpa [ death to Rape Camps and emasculated ineffective T'Chumpa ]. We see Shuri bust out her new title, "Ancient Future"; which I like very much [ death to Rape Camps and emasculated, ineffective T'Chumpa ]. It gives her a clear and very large writ plus makes sure that writers can't slide her off as a TChalla failure, a Lindsay Lohan of Wakanda, or any other hackjob BS [ death to Rape Camps and allat from #2-#12 ].

However. To my surprise? The art fell off just as sharply as the writing improved. This was by far the worst of Stelfreeze or whoever drew BP. Maybe they didn't have enough time to recover from the vomitous mass of #2-#12 yet [ Vibranium Bomb Rape Camps and atomize T'Chumpa ]. This Coates writing is by far the best Storm characterization I've seen since Hudlin, Maestro [ RIP ] and Pak [ death to...you get it, already ].

But. I know better than to start getting my hopes up. Coates #1 didn't suck, either. Sooo...if the writing and art are sweet from #13 to #17? Then I will say...maybe. If Season 2 is as powerfully T'Challa as Season 1 was as powerfully T'Chumpa? That's a good way to bring us back to a net of zero. If Season 2 is TWICE THE T'CHALLA that Season 1 was as powerfully T'Chumpa?

Now. We gettin some'airs.

Til then? Death to Rape Camps, T'Chumpa, and allat noise.

It's a new artist Wilfredo Torres. My issue is the art would go from good to sh*tty to good again from one panel to the next. Like as if some panels he had just a minute left to finish finish before turning it in, so it looks like he just had to throw it together, like the scene above, look at Tchallas eyes (I thought this was a more serious superhero comic not a manga, Which I have Zero issues with because mangas can illustrate action far better then what I have seen in hero comics to date) while stir is in great detail.

There is another scene when he recounts the snake men where he is taking to the elder and he looks like he has on red footie pants, yet the next panel shows great detail with him crouched in a tree.

They should so what they did in Issue 12. Give Stelfreeze the static art, and let Torres pen the action as he does a better job then Stelfreeze and Sprouse in that department..

Also, can someone please give Shuri a Royal Wakandan hairstyle change please? Don't need her sporting sane hair color as Ramonda and Storm, give the sister a honey brown please

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 12:36:36 pm »
First Rocafort on Ultimates and now Stelfreeze on the solo.

Are these artists getting rushed?  Bc it seems like they aren't meeting the deadlines and then Marvel goes on craigslist to find the first guy on the cheap to fill in the gaps.

At least go to deviantart and pick one of those guys instead.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2017, 12:46:15 pm »
You know that guy who didn't have much experience in relationships prior to meeting "the one" (the girl of his dreams), but then him and her have a messy break up but he's still so sprung for her, talking about she's his best friend, can't look at another woman, etc etc... all the while she's back in her old neighborhood poppin and lockin it for the goons, knowing that once she's had her fun she can always crawl back to his open waiting arms?

Yea...  we all know that guy.  We make threads about him on the daily :/

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 01:32:33 pm »
First Rocafort on Ultimates and now Stelfreeze on the solo.

Are these artists getting rushed?  Bc it seems like they aren't meeting the deadlines and then Marvel goes on craigslist to find the first guy on the cheap to fill in the gaps.

At least go to deviantart and pick one of those guys instead.

Dude Rocafort was on point with his art, I liked what he offered and he had it all down pat, the static and action was on point, the detail was there and his Panther looked cool (so did his Wakandan guards). He would be my choice for an artist for the solo. We would likely get some tech showings too

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2017, 03:45:54 pm »
You know that guy who didn't have much experience in relationships prior to meeting "the one" (the girl of his dreams), but then him and her have a messy break up but he's still so sprung for her, talking about she's his best friend, can't look at another woman, etc etc... all the while she's back in her old neighborhood poppin and lockin it for the goons, knowing that once she's had her fun she can always crawl back to his open waiting arms?

Yea...  we all know that guy.  We make threads about him on the daily :/

I don't know THAT em effeh AT ALL. In fact, I truly do not have a single person of either gender who is part of my life that I know is an adherent of the kind of the behavior described above.

Now. I DO KNOW a guy, though.

This guy? Was such a highly desired male that the Father of Shang-Chi groomed a woman to marry specifically him. This guy? Is literally the most sought after bachelor in the MU. This guy? Without even TRYING was having Susan Richards catchin feelinz for him. This guy? Is incredibly attractive to literally every dime piece in the MU. A must have sexual desire of every Villain, heroine, or in between in the MCU. This guy? Most certainly loved him some Ororo, but it was a healthy love. No T'Chumpa facets or aspects, at all. And Ororo? Loved this guy right back. Healthy beat for healthy beat.

That sucka that our good brutha Mortal Man...with expert, well understood and well received scathing sarcasm [ could practically see him rolling his eyes n givin heads the finger ] obliquely referred to in his posts above...has nothing to do with OUR guy. THAT guy? The one that Mortal Man referred to?

Is a racist construct by racist White writers who had a literal Tea Party fit after RH, and displayed their pre-Trumpian colors by hating on TChalla at every chance they get.

And those Marvel Trumpers? Are going to throw up in their vomit when BLACK PANTHER the movie comes out, completely smashes, and now the social norm is: BLACK PANTHER IS TOO COOL FOR FOOLS. Those writers? Will either be muzzled outright or...horror of horrors...be forced to write glowing stories extolling the greatness of TChalla outright, in ways that he should rightfully be celebrated, and embraced.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2017, 06:08:44 pm »
We all know that T'Challa and Ororo can work. The problem is can it work outside of a BP book? The past has shown us that other than McDuffie, writers who aren't writing BP can't do isht right when it comes to them as a married couple.

Now that the "we want Storm back in the X-Verse" ship has sunk to the bottom of the ocean, she's suddenly an option again for BP. But does Marvel have the guts to do right by them this time? The success of BP and the buzz he's getting seems to indicate that Marvel wants to capitalize on that now and have other characters get on those coattails. Kinda funny since so many Unfans accused him of having to be propped up by other characters. They sure want to jump on the train now.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2017, 06:31:55 pm »
We all know that T'Challa and Ororo can work. The problem is can it work outside of a BP book? The past has shown us that other than McDuffie, writers who aren't writing BP can't do isht right when it comes to them as a married couple.

Now that the "we want Storm back in the X-Verse" ship has sunk to the bottom of the ocean, she's suddenly an option again for BP. But does Marvel have the guts to do right by them this time? The success of BP and the buzz he's getting seems to indicate that Marvel wants to capitalize on that now and have other characters get on those coattails. Kinda funny since so many Unfans accused him of having to be propped up by other characters. They sure want to jump on the train now.

2005 unfan " BP sucks can't succeed unless he is leeching off of Storms popularity to get anywhere Lol trollface"

2017 unfan "I have been a T'Challa x Storm fan since they got married, and have Always been rooting for them"

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2017, 07:08:46 pm »
BP #13 reaction to BP and Storm on Facebook. lol

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."