Author Topic: Are we getting Ororo and T'challa back together?  (Read 46962 times)

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
Re: Are we getting Ororo and T'challa back together?
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2017, 08:31:41 pm »

2005 unfan " BP sucks can't succeed unless he is leeching off of Storms popularity to get anywhere Lol trollface"

2017 unfan "I have been a T'Challa x Storm fan since they got married, and have Always been rooting for them"

Exactly.
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2017, 08:54:09 pm »
The ultimate symbol of mutant/human unity is the marriage of Black Panther and Storm.  If you embrace that idea, the stories, BIG stories, write themselves.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2017, 10:52:38 pm »
The ultimate symbol of mutant/human unity is the marriage of Black Panther and Storm.  If you embrace that idea, the stories, BIG stories, write themselves.

And yet, it was squashed by pettiness and racism, and marvel let it happen. But now that the hype is real,
and Storm has been left in the dust in the comics and movie Storm is still glorified wallpaper, maybe heads Will think twice before taking potshots.. then again, maybe Not

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2017, 02:47:29 am »
2005 unfan " BP sucks can't succeed unless he is leeching off of Storms popularity to get anywhere Lol trollface"

2017 unfan "I have been a T'Challa x Storm fan since they got married, and have Always been rooting for them"

Pretty much, ya.

And yet, it was squashed by pettiness and racism, and marvel let it happen. But now that the hype is real, and Storm has been left in the dust in the comics and movie Storm is still glorified wallpaper, maybe heads Will think twice before taking potshots.. then again, maybe Not

Marvel keeps doing poorly executed and gimmicky events, inbetween the overdone "Hero vs. Hero" theme. They're clearly slow learners.

And ever since the annulment, Storm's been reduced to bouncing between being written as a hilariously pisspoor character a la Bendis/Greg Pak, sexual punchline while sleeping with Logan, and a glorified wallpaper.

I still find it funny that you got a ton of hate from X-fans/Unfans/Storm fans, but did more positive development for Storm's development/backstory in a few issues, than what was done for her in almost all of her 40+ years in the X-books combined.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:25:07 am by Booshman »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2017, 06:46:50 am »
We all know that T'Challa and Ororo can work. The problem is can it work outside of a BP book? The past has shown us that other than McDuffie, writers who aren't writing BP can't do isht right when it comes to them as a married couple.

Now that the "we want Storm back in the X-Verse" ship has sunk to the bottom of the ocean, she's suddenly an option again for BP. But does Marvel have the guts to do right by them this time? The success of BP and the buzz he's getting seems to indicate that Marvel wants to capitalize on that now and have other characters get on those coattails. Kinda funny since so many Unfans accused him of having to be propped up by other characters. They sure want to jump on the train now.

No offense to people in advance.

But Storm fans live purely in the past at this point.

Her popularity exists thanks to a cartoon in the 90's. ANd she has been treated like background table scraps sense.

Comics don't care about her really. Movies keep putting her in the background in both universes.

They only reason she is "popular" still is because Marvel has made absolutely zero effort to develop another female WOC character. both in the comic side and movie side.

If the MCU had bigger balls, Black Widow would have had a movie years ago (scarlet is the second highest paid person they have!!!), Wasp would help hold down the white female hero too, and Captain Marvel would be about Monica, not Carol. At least Monica has a powerbase outside of "brick with energy powers." Could have even stolen some of Carols mythos and integrated them in.

If only Storm/X fans had half the foresight Mr. Hudlin had... she could be riding with the King during his popularity surge.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2017, 06:47:15 am »
You know that guy who didn't have much experience in relationships prior to meeting "the one" (the girl of his dreams), but then him and her have a messy break up but he's still so sprung for her, talking about she's his best friend, can't look at another woman, etc etc... all the while she's back in her old neighborhood poppin and lockin it for the goons, knowing that once she's had her fun she can always crawl back to his open waiting arms?

Yea...  we all know that guy.  We make threads about him on the daily :/

I don't know THAT em effeh AT ALL. In fact, I truly do not have a single person of either gender who is part of my life that I know is an adherent of the kind of the behavior described above.

Now. I DO KNOW a guy, though.

This guy? Was such a highly desired male that the Father of Shang-Chi groomed a woman to marry specifically him. This guy? Is literally the most sought after bachelor in the MU. This guy? Without even TRYING was having Susan Richards catchin feelinz for him. This guy? Is incredibly attractive to literally every dime piece in the MU. A must have sexual desire of every Villain, heroine, or in between in the MCU. This guy? Most certainly loved him some Ororo, but it was a healthy love. No T'Chumpa facets or aspects, at all. And Ororo? Loved this guy right back. Healthy beat for healthy beat.

That sucka that our good brutha Mortal Man...with expert, well understood and well received scathing sarcasm [ could practically see him rolling his eyes n givin heads the finger ] obliquely referred to in his posts above...has nothing to do with OUR guy. THAT guy? The one that Mortal Man referred to?

Is a racist construct by racist White writers who had a literal Tea Party fit after RH, and displayed their pre-Trumpian colors by hating on TChalla at every chance they get.

And those Marvel Trumpers? Are going to throw up in their vomit when BLACK PANTHER the movie comes out, completely smashes, and now the social norm is: BLACK PANTHER IS TOO COOL FOR FOOLS. Those writers? Will either be muzzled outright or...horror of horrors...be forced to write glowing stories extolling the greatness of TChalla outright, in ways that he should rightfully be celebrated, and embraced.

The exact response i was fishing for, perfectly executed lol. Much respect.

I despise the toxicity of what their relationship is now, compared to what it was last decade when T'Challa was allowed to still have his balls.  Back when they were both equally sought after and chose each other, as opposed to this one sided swinger fest while BP is on the couch in necropolis with a bucket of ice cream listening to love songs.
How many leaders you said you needed then left Ďem for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, itís King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2017, 06:50:54 am »
You know that guy who didn't have much experience in relationships prior to meeting "the one" (the girl of his dreams), but then him and her have a messy break up but he's still so sprung for her, talking about she's his best friend, can't look at another woman, etc etc... all the while she's back in her old neighborhood poppin and lockin it for the goons, knowing that once she's had her fun she can always crawl back to his open waiting arms?

Yea...  we all know that guy.  We make threads about him on the daily :/

I don't know THAT em effeh AT ALL. In fact, I truly do not have a single person of either gender who is part of my life that I know is an adherent of the kind of the behavior described above.

Now. I DO KNOW a guy, though.

This guy? Was such a highly desired male that the Father of Shang-Chi groomed a woman to marry specifically him. This guy? Is literally the most sought after bachelor in the MU. This guy? Without even TRYING was having Susan Richards catchin feelinz for him. This guy? Is incredibly attractive to literally every dime piece in the MU. A must have sexual desire of every Villain, heroine, or in between in the MCU. This guy? Most certainly loved him some Ororo, but it was a healthy love. No T'Chumpa facets or aspects, at all. And Ororo? Loved this guy right back. Healthy beat for healthy beat.

That sucka that our good brutha Mortal Man...with expert, well understood and well received scathing sarcasm [ could practically see him rolling his eyes n givin heads the finger ] obliquely referred to in his posts above...has nothing to do with OUR guy. THAT guy? The one that Mortal Man referred to?

Is a racist construct by racist White writers who had a literal Tea Party fit after RH, and displayed their pre-Trumpian colors by hating on TChalla at every chance they get.

And those Marvel Trumpers? Are going to throw up in their vomit when BLACK PANTHER the movie comes out, completely smashes, and now the social norm is: BLACK PANTHER IS TOO COOL FOR FOOLS. Those writers? Will either be muzzled outright or...horror of horrors...be forced to write glowing stories extolling the greatness of TChalla outright, in ways that he should rightfully be celebrated, and embraced.

The exact response i was fishing for, perfectly executed lol. Much respect.

I despise the toxicity of what their relationship is now, compared to what it was last decade when T'Challa was allowed to still have his balls.  Back when they were both equally sought after and chose each other, as opposed to this one sided swinger fest while BP is on the couch in necropolis with a bucket of ice cream listening to love songs.

makes you want to f*cking puke.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2017, 07:00:33 am »
Lol....

Wolverine didn't even think of her in his final moments. Jean Grey and Mariko, totally! Storm? Not even an afterthought, despite sleeping with her for a year.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2017, 07:28:19 am »
We all know that T'Challa and Ororo can work. The problem is can it work outside of a BP book? The past has shown us that other than McDuffie, writers who aren't writing BP can't do isht right when it comes to them as a married couple.

Now that the "we want Storm back in the X-Verse" ship has sunk to the bottom of the ocean, she's suddenly an option again for BP. But does Marvel have the guts to do right by them this time? The success of BP and the buzz he's getting seems to indicate that Marvel wants to capitalize on that now and have other characters get on those coattails. Kinda funny since so many Unfans accused him of having to be propped up by other characters. They sure want to jump on the train now.

Her popularity exists thanks to a cartoon in the 90's. ANd she has been treated like background table scraps sense.

Comics don't care about her really. Movies keep putting her in the background in both universes.

They only reason she is "popular" still is because Marvel has made absolutely zero effort to develop another female WOC character. both in the comic side and movie side.

If the MCU had bigger balls, Black Widow would have had a movie years ago (scarlet is the second highest paid person they have!!!), Wasp would help hold down the white female hero too, and Captain Marvel would be about Monica, not Carol. At least Monica has a powerbase outside of "brick with energy powers." Could have even stolen some of Carols mythos and integrated them in.

If only Storm/X fans had half the foresight Mr. Hudlin had... she could be riding with the King during his popularity surge.
You see it lol.

I (and a couple others) put it out there a year or so back on the CBR forum: Monica Rambeau is a "MCU love interest paring with T'Challa" away from essentially shutting the coffin on Storm and her fans.  Which isn't to say I don't like Storm (I like the concept of her, and the concept of her and T'Challa) but no black girl nor black community is going to shed a tear if you swap out one rolls royce with another... especially one that has less mileage, baggage and (movie) restrictions to it. 

*insert disclaimer about not wanting to objectify fictional women by comparing them to luxury vehicles*

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2017, 07:39:43 am »

Serious question, has there really been any good times for her in her publication history? Seriously It seems like in order to find anything good for her, your digging back a decade or two.. Are they satisfied with her being glorifed wallpaper? She is the best WoC because her competition has less of a mythos fleshed out then her, so she wins just by showing up? Is that what her fans want? Atleast with Hudlin and Mcduffie, They had her doing sh*t. I saw fans complainign that she wasn't doing too much in BP at times but then i would think to myself, Isnt she still doing more then she was in Xmen? and she had her moments, quite a few good ones in Hudlins run and Mcduffie came correct too. So I just dong understand the need for them to want her to go back to Wallpaper and getting the scrapes of everyone else in the x office

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2017, 07:41:11 am »

Absolutely disgusting.

Lol....

Wolverine didn't even think of her in his final moments. Jean Grey and Mariko, totally! Storm? Not even an afterthought, despite sleeping with her for a year.

Acronym:

THOT

Definition: 

That Ho Over There

Application:

Wolverine is Jean Grey's thot whenever she's mad at Cyclops.

Storm is Wolverine's thot whenever Jean Grey is too busy being dead, underage or in an alternate reality.

Storm is also Wolverine's thot whenever it's time to be petty to the BP mythos

thots are just a hobby on the side when bae is unavailable; disgusting that they turned Storm into that.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 07:47:18 am »
blah blah she beat up cyclops or something blah blah

blah blah calisto blah blah

For a Storm comic, I thought Worlds Apart might have been her best showing ive read. actually used the BP mythos and the X-men mythos and her mythos to enhance the story and it worked.

Storm had a chance to transcend being a "mutant" and get out of the x-men team shadow. Those that do that are more popular. Wolverine naturally does it and so does his daughter/clone thing. Daken got solo issues because he could. Cable can because they threw away the mutant sh*t and turned him in a bad ass terminator dude. Gambit actually has a lot of solo issues (for an xman) because he has his own thing (Guilds and such) that is NOT dependent on being a mutant.

Storm had her chance thanks to Hudlin. She was now a queen. She had a whole set of mythos to play with that had nothing to do with mutants. she was an F4 member. She then actually became an Avengers.

then "lol nooooooope" dragged her back to the GD school and stripped it all away to be no more than Colossus, Iceman, Rachel, Nightcrawler, and every other "mostly background powers X-men"

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2017, 08:32:28 am »
X-Character.s ability to work solo is really dependent on the core character's starting premise.

Wolverine-wandering fighting man

Cable-revolutionary/commando

Gambit-Thief

Dazzler-reluctant-hero/singer (this was way before she was an Xman)

I never got what Storm's solo hook was supposed to be. The only thing that you can get from the
character's backstory is Storm as a globe trotting Modesty Blasť clone.

Except Storm is way overpowered for the spy/adventuress genre and Black Widow does that whole bit better anyway.

Storm with a Solo book made no more sense to me than the upcoming Teen Jean Grey solo book does (and I expect that to die in a year also).

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2017, 08:57:09 am »
And there is nothing wrong with being a "team only" type of character honestly.

Its just they haven't done much with her in that setting either.

I can't remember anything she did as headmistress in the WatXM series besides bone, lecture, and morally boost wolvy

Her recent time of leader fo the EXM team was one of the worst xmen runs ive run and she was a failure (as stated by her)

the Uncanny X-Force team was.... whoo boy. i didn't make ti far so maybe she did something there? (i love me some xforce too but yeesh)

she just kinda floats around, throws some weather at people, and floats around again

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2017, 09:11:37 am »

Absolutely disgusting.

Lol....

Acronym:

THOT

Definition: 

That Ho Over There

Application:

Wolverine is Jean Grey's thot whenever she's mad at Cyclops.

Storm is Wolverine's thot whenever Jean Grey is too busy being dead, underage or in an alternate reality.

Storm is also Wolverine's thot whenever it's time to be petty to the BP mythos

thots are just a hobby on the side when bae is unavailable; disgusting that they turned Storm into that.

Yet Storm fans ate it up and look at where Storm ended up afterwards. Same boats. Huge opportunity wasted Because x office wanted wolvy to bust a nut