Author Topic: Beyonce or Rhianna?  (Read 213 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Beyonce or Rhianna?
« on: April 30, 2017, 05:23:08 pm »
Which do you prefer and why?  Music, looks, career, acting, relationships, videos...all categories.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Beyonce or Rhianna?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 02:41:42 am »
I prefer Beyonce.

I think she's one of the stronger R&B singers of the modern era. And she is the successor to Michael Jackson to me in being an all around music icon with soul music at the core. She is the Queen of Pop.

Rihanna has nothing on Beyonce:
-Looks are subjective but I do think Beyonce looks better. Rihanna's attractive though she has a unique kind of beauty that just works for her. Beyonce is fine in any situation.
-Acting: Beyonce's been in far more movies. Rihanna was last in Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. I don't think Rihanna was horrible in that movie, but she wasn't great either. She seemed game and that was good for her, but with Beyonce I've seen more effort-if not quite success-in becoming an actress. I thought Beyonce did fine in Carmen and Obsessed. I also thought she was alright in Dreamgirls, though I think her character should have been villainous.
-Career: I think Beyonce's career is set up for more longevity. I do think Rihanna will always have a crowd with the dance music fans, similar to perhaps Grace Jones, but I see Beyonce's music having a longer life and wider appeal. Rihanna's music is too wrapped around her image as a rebellious bad girl. So when does that get old or embarrassing (i.e. Madonna)? I also think that Beyonce is a better all around performer. Rihanna can twerk but that's about the extent of it. Beyonce can dance and sing. Rihanna's voice has little to no melody to me. She belts out the songs and she smartly picks music that works for her voice but Beyonce's voice is more melodic. She can sing with music or without it.
-Relationships: Enough said.
-Videos: Hmm. I can't really say on this one because I haven't watched many Rihanna videos. Lemonade and some of its videos made national news for like a week so I will give this one to Beyonce as well.