Author Topic: The Defenders SPOILERS  (Read 378 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
The Defenders SPOILERS
« on: May 03, 2017, 06:12:56 am »
! No longer available

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h3m7B4v6Zc

- YO! I have very high hopes for this and this trailer increased them. THe shortened season should really pay off and eliminate any "filler" epsidoes that are so common in the other series.

- YO! humor! this actually felt like the cinematic universe and not so much the netflix universe. Which is a good thing IMO. The shows are kinda... dark and overly dark at times. A lil bit of fun and quips would do it well.

- YO! Luke bodying Danny... and YO! dat fist to the face is a nice throwback to Luke Cage series. So far, the little bit of Luke/Danny is working. ANd the choreography looks 100x better than IF already.

- STICK!

- Hallway Fight!!!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 04:48:18 am by MindofShadow »

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: The Defenders (Trailer)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 02:00:16 pm »
coolness!

I have to finish watching Iron Fist and I have to look at Jessica Jones.  Looking forward to action and intrigue.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 03:14:33 am »
I liked what I saw for the most part. Though I do think the Netflix shows have a cheap look to them that they shouldn't. Marvel should put more money into the production values. These shows are proven winners so shell out more money and make them look more cinematic.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 11:25:56 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aCPkWs4g3I

! No longer available

YESSS PUNISHER!~~

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 03:17:02 pm »
ah. BET should do some lengthy feature interviews with the cast.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
SDCC 2017: Defenders Panel
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 01:29:46 pm »

! No longer available

! No longer available

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 12:12:32 pm »
ah. BET should do some lengthy feature interviews with the cast.

You think they won't?!
This is going to be the biggest black event since Roots...or when Reggie Reggie produced the Image Awards.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 11:25:36 am »
Halfway through. Loving it so far. Danny's best acting is his interactions with Luke. So far I could see a "Heroes for Hire" series working.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 12:34:46 pm »
Powerman & Iron Fist is absolutely in play!  Got a little fanboy chill seeing Misty Night & Coleen Wing in action together! Looking forward to NightWing Restorations making the scene.  Hopefully the romantic entanglement with Coleen/Danny & Misty, if played true to the comics, doesn't derail their partnership? 

Loved The Defenders, loved the length, great action throughout.  Plot a bit similar to Batman Begins, but good show, IMHO.

Peace,

Mont

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: The Defenders SPOILERS
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 06:11:00 am »
This was really good. The 8 episode count should be the new standard for these shows. 13 has always felt dragged out but 8 allowed the minimum of fluff which was great. After the cringefest that was Iron Fist this was a nice pallet cleanse.

I'll start with what I didn't like though, end on a positive note:

- The secondary characters that annoyed me in there solo movies returned to annoy me again. There was no reason to bring so many into this... 1-2 key people from each series should have been enough. There was no reason to see Karen in this show... she was just annoying as f*ck a usual. Trish was just as annoying and useless... should have stuck with simply Malcolm and Hogarth who don't "need" something to do on the show. This show was about the Defenders, than every important supporting cast member. Or at least "calm" them down like they did with Foggy.

Danny - Colleen
Luke- Claire, Misty (need a cop)
Matt- Foggy, Stick
Jessica- Malcolm, Hogarth

And even then, the ones that really didn't matter shouldn't have gotten so much screen time. There is no reason Colleen had to be in the finale having her boss fight with Bakuto. We've seen that. I don't want to see it again. I want to see the 4 Defenders. Honestly, she was ridiculously annoying in this and eats up waaaaaay to much screen time about her feeling lost or whatever. That should have been Danny's thing and Danny's thing only. Its weird but I loved her in Iron Fist, possibly more than Danny.

And poor Misty. I know all cops are horrendously awful in vigilante films because they are supposed to be "against" the heros but good lord... all she provided was being annoying, looking hot, giving sass, being wrong, and then getting her arm chopped off. Only thing worse was the black cop guy who couldn' tbe more stereotypical.

And i feel like they just ran out of things for Claire to do. She turned from simply a nurse to... beating ninjas with a crowbar? only in comic books crap lol. she was incredibly awful in Iron Fist and that continued here, although not AS bad. Close though. Her stuff with just Luke was good. Everything else seemed like a waste.

- The biggest waste of Alexandra though. They never really showed why SHE was the Leader of the Hand. Gao was manipulative AND packs a huge telekinetic punch. Bakuto was a top level martial artist as well as being manipulative as well. The Japanese guy was seemingly a bad ass super ninja. Along with the black guy as well.

but... it was Alexandra because.... ? She didnt' seem to possess any fighting skills. It didn't seem like she was a master at headgames like Gao.

Honestly... was it because she was white? And she was able to make high level back level deals with high executives because she's white?

- Look at claire go from "YOU CANT KILL THE HAND DANNY EVEN THOUGH THAT IS YOUR JOB!!!!" to "f*cking blow them up!!!" God, iron fist was so bad

Alright enough nitpicking..

- The actual defenders were great. There interactions worked really well. Similar to the Avengers. Luke/Danny and JJ/Matt, and JJ/Luke were highlights. Interestingly enough Matt/Danny never really clicked despite having a lot in common. JJ offered the perfect amount of snark and sass. They were also able to get them together in a creative manner and it worked (for comic books anyway).

- I actually liked the overall Hand plot and the why. Dying WOULD be the ultimate fear for a group of immortal-esque people. And at least explains why they were in NY.

- Fight choreography was at Daredevil levels. Iron Fist actually moved with speed... although the Fist coming and going at convenient moments has grown tired at this point. But it was sooooooooooooooooo much better than Iron Fist. Story was smart to keep the actors int he shadows to allow stunt doubles to do the work. Loved the first fight scene they came together, the 3v3 fight against the leaders fo the hand, and the chinese restaurant. climax was a bit too dark for me.

- Cage being so anti kill for a former marine was a little odd. I'm glad he got to have some leadership role and be more of a "calming influence" in the group. Matt was being too much a selfish prick, Fist was well... Fist, and Jessica simply doesn't care that much lol

- I don't know what ot think about Elektra in all this honestly.

As a whole, this was probably my favorite netflix series honestly. Mostly because of the pace and lack of annoying supporting cast and super slow tedious moments. Something like...

- Defenders
- DD S1
- Cage
- DD S2
- JJ
- Fist

But, I really prefer to break it up like this...

- DD S2: Punisher and Kingpin focused Stuff
- DD S1: daredevil and kingpin focused stuff
- Defenders
- JJ: kilgrave/jj focused stuff
- Cage: first half
- Cage: second half
- DD S2: Hand and elektra stuff

HUGE DROP

- IF: danny and colleen Hand stuff
- DD S1: karen page sh*t
- IF: Meachums sh*t

GIGANTIC DROP