Author Topic: Your Unpopular Black Panther Opinions Thread  (Read 4026 times)

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Your Unpopular Black Panther Opinions Thread
« on: May 04, 2017, 06:04:56 am »
Got something controversial? Let it fly. Here is your safe space. Need a safety pin?

Examples of unpopular opinion would be:

- I think Ultimate Panther was cool and ingenius [editors note: I do not believe this lol]

Example of something that isn't unpopular:

- Coates sucks.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
Re: Your Unpopular Black Panther Opinions Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 06:19:59 am »
White Wolf's origins was such a humongous reeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaach!

A toddler somehow survives a plan crash (wtf?!?!?!), gets found by some random couple in Wakanda, who then decides to bring to the child to T'Chaka? Then T'Chaka takes the kid from them, deciding to raise the kid, despite know that said kid would never be fully accepted in Wakandan society?

Priest's talent as a writer helped me have enough suspension of disbelief to allow me to let it slide, but man that is a crazy scenario in an of itself, even in the realm of comics. And T'Chaka keeping the kid in Wakanda?! The sensible thing to do would've been to find a family outside of Wakanda (and preferably in the western world) that would be willing to adopt White Wolf. That way, he would've have to suffer through the "outsider" problem throughout his life.

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 06:29:04 am »
Is it taboo to say Storm is massively overrated and the amount of energy still spent on her by BP fans in 20-friggin-17 is only due to T'Challa being heavily deprived of getting so much as a glance from a female not named his sister or mother?

I'm just asking for a friend
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 06:40:03 am »
Being able to to slice vibranium weave with the grain sounds ridiculous and a plot device to make fights more interesting.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 10:17:03 am »
Being able to to slice vibranium weave with the grain sounds ridiculous and a plot device to make fights more interesting.

It not only sounds ridiculous IT IS RIDICULOUS. It violates even the basic premises of the kind of science that a theoretical metal like Vibranium would be. Slicing? Requires piercing [ kinetic energy ] and dragging [ friction, which is excited molecules which is...kinetic energy ]. Vibranium's natural indispensable elements would halt such an attack oturight.

In my fanfic? TChalla shows he has tremendous ability to scorch most things to vapor, and freeze most things and beings to peoplecicles. He also is essentially invulnerable to same. Why? Because ice is a slowing of the molecules to such an extent that we are now faced with a cold solid object, whereas fire is the rapid movement of molecules until the solid is now giving off energy and heat and is transformed into a energy source.

And Vibranium controls the movement of molecules via its quantum kinetic properties. Sound. Heat. Cold. Gravity. Phasing. Molecular manipulation at the quantum level [ like he did with changing his clothes from street wear to his Panther habit ]. All these things and a lot more TChalla is extremely capable of doing without any problem. Yes, TChalla can toss Force Bolts and Energy Blasts, should he choose to do so. Right from his Vibranium microweave suit.

But TChalla wouldn't do that. Those things are the schticks of other people.

Try tracking TChalla...when his Vibranium not only alters his scent at a subquark level, but also throws out a combination of a scent remover which is layered under a gazillion different scents that respond resist to and change under attempts to analyze it [ because its kinetic properties have been altered to mimic viruses at a quark level by Wakandan tech. Yes folks; a Viral Scent Shield and Dampener ].

Try visually finding TChalla...when he literally can create absolutely real but temporary structures emulating his appearance in every detail. Plus? He can literally multiply and vanish in and out of this dimension, timeline, etc as he chooses. Imagine what a massive genius like his can and is doing with that tech.

No wonder he ain't scurred of no Professor X. Alpha Waves...are WAVES. Waves are..KINETIC Energy. TChalla would mollywhop any psionic being who got tuh trippin. Including The Shadow King who allegedly defeated TChalla [ which is bull puckey to the highest degree ].

Now wonder he ain't scurred of no Doc Strange, Voodoo, Loki, Doom, Macabre, Mordo, and all them. Enchantments? Are sound and energy. Both of which Vibranium dominates. Therefore? Vibranium can halt magic in its most basic particulate form. Which allows TChalla and the ever brilliant Wakandans to study much of the energy matrixes of primary magic manifestations, and counter these too just as effectively WITHOUT Vibranium. And lace their fighting forces with this multitiered body armor which essentially makes them invulnerable to all primary forms of attack.

It's also why they ain't scurred of no Marvel Zombie Virus. Viruses? Operate on a molecular level, and are kinetic devourers. Guess who rocks and stops all kineticism? Yep. Vibranium. So guess what Wakanda got? RAYUWA VIBRANIUM...what White folks might call BIOVibranium.

BIOVibranium? Is literally LIFE Vibranium. It supports extends protects and proliferates...Life Energies. No wonder they ain't scared of no Devourer. They'd just cure his butt...then KICK his butt.

Why didn't they do so previously? prolly cuz curing Galactus would deplete all or almost all of their Vibranium. Which means? They'd be handing an open invite to their Interstellar Enemies to come get them some Earth din-din because Wakanda is now at her weakest and least able to defend Earth from a concerted multicosmic empire assault.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 10:27:03 am »
My unpopular Black Panther Opinions are:

1. Wakandans are immortal because they sussed out the secrets to DNA many hundreds of thousands to about a million years ago

2. Wakanda is a Interstellar Empire

3. Wakanda is the first human civilization on Earth.

4. Wakanda is filled with a bunch of low grade Moondragons

5. Wakanda's biggest threats are...the dissenters in Wakanda.

6. TChalla should one-sidedly brutalize and dominate both The Maker and Doom [ then let Doom off the hook because this Doom is NOT the previous Doom. Both The "Ancient Future" and The King of the Dead would note this about Doom quite quickly. TChalla would kick most of his butt anyway, as Doom was owed that. Same with Namor ].

7. TChalla should have long stopped any of this Secret Empire mess. And hemmed up the Cosmic Cube, plus summarily executed the forces of the bad guys perpetrating this fraud. Probably with one phone call, while debating philosophy with Changamire, and paying close attention to how The Ancient Future schools both of them in various areas. TChalla is a tremendous genius and learner and leader, but the first requirement of any truly most elite leader is...

...to first be a truly flawless follower.

8. TChalla naturally has strength approaching the 5-10 ton mark, because that is actually the full physical potential that we as human beings have. It's not superhuman.

9. TChalla is essentially invulnerable to all but the most powerful magicks and psionics, due to the discipline and cultivation that he has naturally acquired. If Heather Douglas can do it? Wakandans did it a million years earlier and a million times better

10. TChalla is a mystic. Not a sorcerer. A mystic.

11. Wakanda is the real Guardian Of The Galaxy.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 11:07:49 am »
Coates should of set up T'Challa to capture Zenzi in issue 3 (without Tetu Showing up) to allow for a heated conversation between the two, and some slight hints of a Catwoman type character being created. before she became one dimensional to te story, Zenzi was pretty interesting, Yona made her more interesting in her 10 pages then Gay or Coates was able to achieve for Ayo an Aneka.

When Facing god Doom, T'Challa should of been standing in sheer defiance (even though he couldn't fight anymore and it was literally taking all his strength to stand) of Doom and Doom should of commended him for still being on his feet. Doom should of also been bloodier then he appeared.

When god Doom attacked Namor and T'Challa we should of seen T'Challa purposefully redirect the Beam into Namor, Doom should of made a quip about it too. "that was Harsh T'Challa" in Which T'Challa replies "Now we can continue unburdened"

Offline APEXABYSS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 11:33:39 am »

1. Wakandans are immortal because they sussed out the secrets to DNA many hundreds of thousands to about a million years ago

6. TChalla should one-sidedly brutalize and dominate both The Maker and Doom [ then let Doom off the hook because this Doom is NOT the previous Doom. Both The "Ancient Future" and The King of the Dead would note this about Doom quite quickly. TChalla would kick most of his butt anyway, as Doom was owed that. Same with Namor ].

7. TChalla should have long stopped any of this Secret Empire mess. And hemmed up the Cosmic Cube, plus summarily executed the forces of the bad guys perpetrating this fraud. Probably with one phone call, while debating philosophy with Changamire, and paying close attention to how The Ancient Future schools both of them in various areas. TChalla is a tremendous genius and learner and leader, but the first requirement of any truly most elite leader is...

8. TChalla naturally has strength approaching the 5-10 ton mark, because that is actually the full physical potential that we as human beings have. It's not superhuman.

9. TChalla is essentially invulnerable to all but the most powerful magicks and psionics, due to the discipline and cultivation that he has naturally acquired. If Heather Douglas can do it? Wakandans did it a million years earlier and a million times better

Damn! you just explained the WWO fan-comic! they will not give BP or Wakandans the status they deserve... unless BP fans fight for it. Yawn!!! anywhu, the movie might still be good (action-wise) even-though it will not represent any above statements by my bredren SI.

MY breakdown of the BP Movie= fast runnin', High jumpin', spear chuckin', 360 degree... 
I still want to see the Storm BP wedding on the big screen. 

My Unpopular Black Panther Opinions= I got beef with all things BP
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:37:23 am by APEXABYSS »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 02:00:23 pm »

Damn! you just explained the WWO fan-comic! they will not give BP or Wakandans the status they deserve... unless BP fans fight for it. Yawn!!! anywhu, the movie might still be good (action-wise) even-though it will not represent any above statements by my bredren SI.

MY breakdown of the BP Movie= fast runnin', High jumpin', spear chuckin', 360 degree... 
I still want to see the Storm BP wedding on the big screen. 

My Unpopular Black Panther Opinions= I got beef with all things BP

Doy ou still draw BP fan fic? i saw some stuff you had a long time ago and it looked great. have anymore?

Offline marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 02:28:03 pm »
My unpopular Black Panther opinions:

#1. Don Mac wrote a great Panther. Sorry, I just can't buy it. I can only say that his Panther was better than Coates and Maberry. But that says a damn lot right there.

He introduced some cool stuff but his Panther wasn't badass to me.

#2. Monica Lynne should be in the BP movie. Hell to the effin' no!!!!!!!!!!! We don't need no Black Jane Foster.

#3 Black Panther is a super hero. Nope. Black Panther is a King. He's not swinging around looking for burglars and robbers. He's not trying to break up the Circus of Crime or stop White Rabbit from a jewel heist. Dude is a King running the most advanced nation on Earth on an Afro Futurism kick(except in his current series. He's just a chump over there.). There is no Panther phone or Panther signal in the sky for Commissioner W'Zari to shine.

Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 02:57:26 pm »

No white women for T'Challa. I mean no non Afrakan women.

The Black Panther doesn't join teams, he manipulates them.

The Dora Milaje are non royalty and traditionally consist of only two women that represent the pinnacle of Wakandan womanhood and only marry the king. The Doro Milaje are also non royalty and represent the pinnacle of Wakandan manhood, marring only the queen. The army of elite Wakandan women fighters is translated in English as Mid Night Angels.

The royal families are the M'Baku, N'Jadaka, J'Kuwali, Q'Noma and the longest ruling and current leaders... the  Bashenga. Princess Zanda ancient ancestors were Wakandan separatist who founded the nation of Narobia.

Black Panther is betrothed to Nakia and Okoye; with a back story that shows them in the same age appropriate group, growing up together under the tradition of their royal lineage. T'Challa strains both tradition and his relationship with the Dora Milaje when he marries Storm. Upon his annulment with Ororo he marries the Dora Milaje. Lots of sexual tension, romance, adventures and sex throughout T'Challa's relationship with the three of them.

No western, European, American or other non Afrakan influences or preferences are expressed in Wakanda or by Wakandans.

Wakanda is an insular, unconquered nation that is not tied to one geographical location.

Wakandans are extremely long lived.

Wakanda leads the mother/father land in political, economic and social endeavors and unifies the Afrakan continent and inspires the unification of the Afrakan diaspora.

Wakanda is the first earth nation to develop faster than light star drives and explore deep space.

T'Chaka's death occurred off world at an interstellar conference to form an alliance between the Kree, Shiar and Wakandan empires.

Afrofuturistism filtered through Afrakan Centered ideological frameworks thematically expressed in both story telling and artwork.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 03:41:42 pm »
Coates should of set up T'Challa to capture Zenzi in issue 3 (without Tetu Showing up) to allow for a heated conversation between the two, and some slight hints of a Catwoman type character being created. before she became one dimensional to te story, Zenzi was pretty interesting, Yona made her more interesting in her 10 pages then Gay or Coates was able to achieve for Ayo an Aneka.

When Facing god Doom, T'Challa should of been standing in sheer defiance (even though he couldn't fight anymore and it was literally taking all his strength to stand) of Doom and Doom should of commended him for still being on his feet. Doom should of also been bloodier then he appeared.

When god Doom attacked Namor and T'Challa we should of seen T'Challa purposefully redirect the Beam into Namor, Doom should of made a quip about it too. "that was Harsh T'Challa" in Which T'Challa replies SUPREME ILLUMINATI SLIGHT MODIFICATION "I promised Namor that when my needs no longer outweighed my wants, I would kill him. That time has come.Now we can continue unburdened"

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 03:43:31 pm »

No white women for T'Challa. I mean no non Afrakan women.

The Black Panther doesn't join teams, he manipulates them.

The Dora Milaje are non royalty and traditionally consist of only two women that represent the pinnacle of Wakandan womanhood and only marry the king. The Doro Milaje are also non royalty and represent the pinnacle of Wakandan manhood, marring only the queen. The army of elite Wakandan women fighters is translated in English as Mid Night Angels.

The royal families are the M'Baku, N'Jadaka, J'Kuwali, Q'Noma and the longest ruling and current leaders... the  Bashenga. Princess Zanda ancient ancestors were Wakandan separatist who founded the nation of Narobia.

Black Panther is betrothed to Nakia and Okoye; with a back story that shows them in the same age appropriate group, growing up together under the tradition of their royal lineage. T'Challa strains both tradition and his relationship with the Dora Milaje when he marries Storm. Upon his annulment with Ororo he marries the Dora Milaje. Lots of sexual tension, romance, adventures and sex throughout T'Challa's relationship with the three of them.

No western, European, American or other non Afrakan influences or preferences are expressed in Wakanda or by Wakandans.

Wakanda is an insular, unconquered nation that is not tied to one geographical location.

Wakandans are extremely long lived.

Wakanda leads the mother/father land in political, economic and social endeavors and unifies the Afrakan continent and inspires the unification of the Afrakan diaspora.

Wakanda is the first earth nation to develop faster than light star drives and explore deep space.

T'Chaka's death occurred off world at an interstellar conference to form an alliance between the Kree, Shiar and Wakandan empires.

Afrofuturistism filtered through Afrakan Centered ideological frameworks thematically expressed in both story telling and artwork.

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 03:53:12 pm »
Completely apropos of nothing? I just thought about thee coolest human being to ever hit the small screen.

Would love to see a nod to Hawk someairs in BP. Would love to see Avery someairs in BP. Didn't happen, of course...

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Online Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 04:01:14 pm »
Mine:

As far as I'm concerned, Black Panther doesn't have any really good arch-enemies.  Klaw & Killmonger are played out.