Author Topic: Your Unpopular Black Panther Opinions Thread  (Read 3988 times)

Online Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
Re: Your Unpopular Black Panther Opinions Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2017, 10:27:16 pm »
T'Challa doesn't have to get married but frak give him some kind of love interest. He's got to get some sexual healing.

That's not opinion. That's fact.
^ #Facts

We've already seen him get married.  It was great.  (I actually feel his numero uno is Monica Lynn, as in his Lois Lane so-to-speak... or like if Lois Lane was thrown to the bushes for Wonder Woman (Storm) and never modernized/popularized or even shown in the Superman mytho for damn near a decade... so like a creatively left behind to die Lois Lane, I guess...)

But it's time he got some action, some spice, and it doesn't have to be some perfect cultivated woman for marriage either. 
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2017, 10:39:01 pm »
Mine:

As far as I'm concerned, Black Panther doesn't have any really good arch-enemies.  Klaw & Killmonger are played out.

Honestly i was thinking to myself that given the fact T'Challa deems T'Chaka the greatest BP ever (and maybe this is also viewed as when a child views their parents as invincible heroes in their eyes given their positive influence on them) but how he dies in Priest and Hudlin's version cries out for more elaboration.

I was thinking of a way to flesh it out more, Because T'Chaka not only being the king of the most advanced nation on earth therefore should have top notch security and readily available protective tech, he also ate the heart shape herb and has enhanced senses.. yet Klaw kills him. Priest version made slightly more sense because Wakanda he shows isn't as advanced as hudlins version pre T'Challa. So my theory i would explore? Klaw had help, Hell Make it so that Klaw's family has a long standing grudge with the royals (This goes back to when his great great great grand father met an unfortunate demise trying to get to Wakanda) and  ever since his family has tried (and failed) to ever get revenge for the loss of kin. So Klaw enlists help, From Eriks father, and another New and mysterious villain (i Have some ideas but i haven't fleshed them out yet, But the basics is he is a super genius and has some meta human powers as well, and he is like the puppet master) But the 3 of them plan the assassination. Eriks Father is killed, Klaw gets his hand blown off, and the other is nowhere to be seen. T'challa (Not S'Yan) banishes Erik and his mother from Wakanda (at a young age despite having just lost his father, shows wisdom beyond his years) and this drives the hate Erik has for T'Challa and makes it a little more coherent.

Years later the new villain is back at it again now that Coates (ugh) new government and all this sh*t has happened in Wakanda, the new villain finds this the perfect opportunity to try and rid Wakanda of its Royals as they are trying to settle in the changes. He forms a team of himself and 4 other super powered villains to form his death squad. He gives them some history about Wakanda (this is where i would bridge Priests and Hudlin's origins) T'Chaka was killed by Klaw (none know of this other Guy) Eriks dad was killed Eriks banished. after T'Chaka's Death, T'Challa kicked into overdrive with his studies and training to become king. Before he was of age T'Challa shows his super genius by advancing the already advanced nation of Wakanda further ahead by 100 years atleast. before taking the Challenge to face S'Yan he defeats Wakandas 6 fierces warriors and earned the right to Challenge Syan to combat.

Villain basically gives the run down before they head to Wakanda..

thats all for now but i really think the origin needs to blend a little better, and this is a good way to make the origin clearer without actually havign to completely do an Origin story again

I like how we are thinking here...

...I addressed this issue in my fanfic, and even though I haven't written the ending down yet in the fanfic site called archiveofourown aka AO3? I have the ending already scripted. What we learn in the very first chapter is that Klaw didn't kill T'Chaka. If Wakanda is that much more advanced than the rest of the world...which she is...then literally noknown assassin and especially not Klaw could kill T'Chaka. No power on Earth could.

No power ON EARTH could.

Part of what TChalla is doing in my fanfic? Is undertaking vengeance against the cabal that led to the death of his father. As King of the Dead? He has T'Chaka's memories. He knows EXACTLY who killed T'Chaka, and why. Yet, he hasn't shared this information with the rest of The Royals. He has outstanding reasons for doing so, and the reader will learn his reasons toward the end of the fanfic.

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Online Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2017, 06:17:57 am »
Another unpopular opinion:

Giving Wakanda a history of never having been unconquered was a mistake, as it was too big a temptation for later writers.

Rather that rehash my reasons, I'll simply link to a post on another thread:

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?topic=13991.msg165693#msg165693

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2017, 06:52:13 am »

Giving Wakanda a history of never having been unconquered was a mistake, as it was too big a temptation for later writers.

So then just toning it down to Wakanda had always been advanced and an isolated nation no one could find? I hear what your saying and Yea I hate that writer's will just do whatever because they want to get a cheap shock value. I will say, atleast withom Hickman when Wakanda was defeated, it was by one of the strongest armies in the MU AND it was after it repelled them the first time and required the full might of Thanos and his generals combined.

But like you said, once defeated it outs a stain on Tchalla as the Black Panther mythos focuses on him and so having  been conquered hurts him.. then we get Coates bullsh*t with a threat of vague size and strength not"bringing the Golden city to the brink" when before it took a massive advanced alien races and Cosmic Beings to do so, and before that another advanced alien races tried with their own superpowered soldiers Who got man handled. But a couple dozen eggs guys with basic guns and Spears and 5 hulked out dudes are a massive threat..

Hate it. Especially Because Coates tried to set it up by saying resources were thin, the army was weakened but never showed any of it. Hell resources Being low was said outside the comic.

I wish someone can come and rewrite that bullsh*t soon

Online Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2017, 06:59:06 am »

So then just toning it down to Wakanda had always been advanced and an isolated nation no one could find?

Yeah, that works.  Although, of course, it was a lot easier for a country to be undiscovered in 1965.  Those darn satellites... :)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2017, 07:33:17 am »

The two origins have Wakanda both have their pros and cons for sure.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2017, 05:38:53 am »
I do not like Cosmic T'challa.

T'challa should be international. Globe Trotting.

Not intergalactic.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2017, 05:56:58 am »
I prefer the black panther as a venerated animal rather than as an actual god.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2017, 09:01:29 pm »
I prefer the black panther as a venerated animal rather than as an actual god.

OH CRAP. That IS unpopular!! Why do you prefer the "venerated animal" approach?

The two origins have Wakanda both have their pros and cons for sure.

I don't think the problem lies in Wakanda being invincible. It lies in the temptation of other writers to defeat her far more speedily and more thoroughly than they would do to Asgard or even Latveria. The Wakanda that withstood the Super Zombies? Can withstand Thanos. And wouldn't even bother to stoop to crush the likes of Dr. Freakin Faustus. EVen though? At least TNC had Faustus admit that he has seen zero like Wakanda, DESPITE walking the fields of Stephen Strange's despair, the rage of The Winter Soldier, etc etc.

I do not like Cosmic T'challa.

T'challa should be international. Globe Trotting.

Not intergalactic.

Levels of rebuking! HAHAHAHA!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2017, 01:55:54 am »
Bast has always been a bullsh*te god and Wakandans should worship their own original pantheon. Or at least gods that aren't the only African ones that are accepted by "Mainstream America".

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2017, 07:25:09 am »
Bast has always been a bullsh*te god and Wakandans should worship their own original pantheon. Or at least gods that aren't the only African ones that are accepted by "Mainstream America".
To be honest I liked it better in Gillis run when Bast was simply known at The Panther god. Like T'Challa it left a bit of mystery and it was cool. Now with bast looking Egyptian it just takes away.

I also want to throw out. I personally like the habits that look more cat like rather then Shadow face with Batman ears.
Rocaforts is my favorite as it gives the most detail yet still looks badass

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2017, 02:51:45 pm »
Thought similar things myself.  Plus, Wakanda is supposed to be 10K years old, but Bast in Egypt is more recent than that, so Bast is two-timing someone.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2017, 07:35:20 am »
Thought similar things myself.  Plus, Wakanda is supposed to be 10K years old, but Bast in Egypt is more recent than that, so Bast is two-timing someone.

If someone actually cared about Black Panther, they would say Wakanda is her true love or something, and Egypt was because she was bored.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2017, 07:47:30 am »

If someone actually cared about Black Panther, they would say Wakanda is her true love or something, and Egypt was because she was bored.

E way things are going, it would turn out to be ...Bast is a small fish in the big Egypt pound, but the big fish in the small Wakanda pond sortof of story.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2017, 08:11:16 am »

Create a new God for Wakanda, you are giving Marvel a character. That you the creator likely won't see a dime from. It's still done but way less than it was in the 70's because all those guys back then learned the hard way.

Whatever else Bast is, Bast is public domain first and foremost. And the continuity hardliners can make up their own reasons later. The general audience will not notice or care.

A creator would feel really dumb right about now if they had went and made say, Nieth The Striver, as TPG true form back in the day, then got nothing but a "thanks buddy" in the end credits when Nieth appeared in the BP movie.