Author Topic: When Racists Attack  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: When Racists Attack
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2019, 03:08:27 am »
Friday, 26th April 2019
When Racists Attack: Clark County, Nevada
by David Ferrara

The second of two teens was sentenced Friday for his role in a series of racist threats made against black Arbor View High School students on Instagram.

“I’m so sorry for the fear and the trouble this has caused all of you,” the teen said during a Juvenile Court hearing.

“This is all because of my poor decision making, my bad judgment. And though my part in this was not the biggest, compared with my co-defendant, any part in something like this is too big of a part. And it sucks that it took me getting arrested to realize that.”

The 15-year-old boy, who pleaded guilty earlier this week to a felony charge of making a terrorist threat, was ordered to a diversion program at a juvenile facility, followed by 12 months of probation.

During his sentence, the teen is prohibited from using the internet and social media, except for supervised academic purposes.

The teen admitted to helping his 14-year-old co-defendant, the Instagram account creator, write photo captions that threatened to “cleanse” the school’s hallways of black students in a “Columbine pt. 2.”

The threats were posted with candid photos of nine black students, and the account’s username included a racist slur.

During the hearing before Judge William Voy on Friday, one of the targets of the Instagram posts wore a yellow T-shirt with the words “No Racism In Schools #1865.”

He said he had not known the boys who created the account.

He said he was at first confused about his picture having been taken.

Then, he said, “It dawned on me that someone wanted to shoot and kill us because we were black.”

About 15 people sat in the courtroom gallery in support of the victims, some wearing similar T-shirts, many wiping away tears as he spoke.

“I’ve heard of horrible things like this happening to other people, but I never thought it would happen to me,” he said, with his mother at his side.

“How do you hate someone because they look different than you? How do you hate someone you don’t know that has never done anything wrong or bad to you? … I like being a teenager, and somehow I’m pushed into adult things. I’m glad it was just a phone that was aimed at my head and not a weapon.”

The teen who was charged also dabbed his eyes with a tissue as he sat in an orange sweatshirt and blue sweatpants next to his lawyer.

He has remained in custody at the Juvenile Detention Center since his March 19 arrest.

The amount of time he spends in the diversion program will depend on the customized program created for him by Clark County Juvenile Probation.

Voy also said the teen would not be allowed to re-enroll in the Clark County School District without the court’s permission, and he instructed the teen to write apology letters to all nine students whose photos were posted to the account and to the school at large.

Would You Like To Know More?
https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/courts/second-las-vegas-teen-sentenced-for-threatening-black-students-1650568/

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: When Racists Attack
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 06:49:13 am »
Wednesday, 15th May 2019
When Racists Attack: Multnomah County, Oregon
by Soraya Joseph

A Gresham, Oregon man by the name of Michael James Black was arrested May 11 and is being investigated for a hate crime after allegedly yelling racial slurs at a Black teenage boy.

According to documents obtained by Oregon Live,  the Multnomah County District Attorney’s office is charging Black, 64, with second-degree intimidation and menacing.

It’s alleged that on May 10, the 14-year-old victim (who remains unnamed in publications due to his minor status), was threatened by the older man while he was riding his bicycle near Black’s residence.

According to Gresham Police spokesman Ben Costigan, the teen was riding his bike around 9:30pm, not far from Black’s house on Northeast Glisan Street.

The young victim said he was riding his bicycle in circles, when Black proceeded to yell at him.

“He called him a racial slur, and said he was going to blow his head off,” Costigan states.

According to a probable cause statement released by the district attorney’s office, the teen was riding his bike home with friends after basketball practice.

Although the teen was traveling on bike, his friends were on foot, which he claims is the reason why he occasionally rode in circles allowing his teammates a chance to catch up to him.

The teens were walking in a cul-de-sac that they presumed was a public space.

That’s when the young man alleges that Black, who is white, yelled at the teen from about 30-40 feet away, that the area is private property, followed up by racial slurs and threats.

Fearful that Black would make good on his threats, the teen told officials he got scared, so he rode home where his mother later alerted police of the issue.

Black’s subsequent statement to officials varies somewhat.

According to t Oregon Live, Black told the police that the teen went on to his property and engaged in a yelling match and “flipped” him off.”

Black also said that he thought the teen had a knife, but admitted he is vision impaired.

It was also revealed that Black has been arrested before, but for crimes not associated with this scenario.

While the stories between Black and the unnamed teen vary, he does admit to using racially-charged language during the exchange.

We can only imagine what words he used to describe the teen during this encounter.
NI___R!!!

Would You Like To Know More?
https://thegrio.com/2019/05/15/oregon-man-racial-slurs-hate-crime/