Author Topic: Ultimates2 #7 Preview- I doubt T'challa in in this  (Read 4888 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Ultimates2 #7 Preview- I doubt T'challa in in this
« on: May 16, 2017, 06:59:42 am »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Ultimates2 #7 Preview- I doubt T'challa in in this
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 07:01:06 am »
If this takes place purely outside the planetary barrier, T'challa shouldn't be in this at all as he is still on Earth according to the FCBD Secret Empire issue. And the future Invader like issue.

And ewing isn't one to mess up continuity so, doubtful to be tchalla

and holy hell that art is garbage

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 08:36:07 am »
yea sh*tty art. LOL at Pokemon reference

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 08:42:04 am »
yea sh*tty art. LOL at Pokemon reference

Carol gets uglier every week lol

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 08:45:52 am »
For all the credit we were giving cosmic-loving fans for the steady sales in vol 1, perhaps Rocafort's art was the true reason this book stayed afloat for so long...

even the most cosmic-y fanboy/girl ain't tryna look at this sh*t no more.  no offense intended.
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 09:04:11 am »
For all the credit we were giving cosmic-loving fans for the steady sales in vol 1, perhaps Rocafort's art was the true reason this book stayed afloat for so long...

even the most cosmic-y fanboy/girl ain't tryna look at this sh*t no more.  no offense intended.

but but but but marvel said Artist don't move books.......

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 09:23:45 am »

Dude Rocaforts art is amazing. Its what my BP drawing on the other Thread is modeled after. I Love his take on T'Challa's look and Wakandan Tech and the throne room look. Its how i pictured a afrofuturistic Wakandan aesthetic

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 09:24:12 am »
What would happen if Bendis didn't have on-demand selections of the Lebron James and Steph Curry of artists for every damn book he pushes out?

FCBD Defenders had basic ass Jessica Jones looking on par with a Jim Lee drawn Wonder Woman.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 09:27:26 am »

Dude Rocaforts art is amazing. Its what my BP drawing on the other Thread is modeled after. I Love his take on T'Challa's look and Wakandan Tech and the throne room look. Its how i pictured a afrofuturistic Wakandan aesthetic

I saw what you drew.  If id' known you could draw like that, i would've been requested a trade to swap out whoever the hell the current ultimates writer is.

On the other hand, i wouldn't want to condemn you to a dying book that would bore you to tears for panel after painstaking panel

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 09:32:21 am »

but but but but marvel said Artist don't move books.......

Which is completely stupid because Comics are Visual mediums. a Good Story with absolute dogsh*t art takes so much away from it. Case in Point Hickman's Scene when Shuri Bans T'Challa from the Golden City was a powerful and and dramatic scene. Then Take Gays version (though it was altered to make it seem like They had some Say in it) with that sh*tty art it came off as weak, bland and cheesy as hell.

Looking At Carol in the next Ultimates issue, she is looking more and more like a Dude, Won't be long we refer to her as Carl Danvers

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 10:21:24 am »

I saw what you drew.  If id' known you could draw like that, i would've been requested a trade to swap out whoever the hell the current ultimates writer is.

On the other hand, i wouldn't want to condemn you to a dying book that would bore you to tears for panel after painstaking panel

I appreciate the Kind words! Honestly if I were penning it i would probably be horrible and start adding sh*t in there to spice it up. (I would propably forcible make the Characters actually cut Loose rather then Let Z listers do it for Ex machina ass pulls)

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 11:20:15 am »
Your probably right (no BP unless an earth cut scene), but even worse I bet that they turn this Monica focus issue ( Ewing does 1 or 1 half Monica focus issue ) each of his launchs into a CM or Cosmic talking head issue..
Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Ultimates2 #7- Spoilers
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 08:52:50 am »
yeah, no BP in this.

It is all in space. Monica tries to break through the shield and fails. MAC goes to find Galactus, who is weakened. He won't help after see a discussion where the shield could keep him out. he won't waste his strength when he hs to fight lagos soon.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 09:45:00 am »
yeah, no BP in this.

It is all in space. Monica tries to break through the shield and fails. MAC goes to find Galactus, who is weakened. He won't help after see a discussion where the shield could keep him out. he won't waste his strength when he hs to fight lagos soon.

Given how sh*tty the Art is, Is it worth it to even get or just skip over it?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 10:44:13 am »
yeah, no BP in this.

Given how sh*tty the Art is, Is it worth it to even get or just skip over it?

stuck behind the shield, Galactus won't help, carol despairs.

then end