Author Topic: Ultimates2 #7 Preview- I doubt T'challa in in this  (Read 473 times)

Offline 4sake

• View Profile
Re: Ultimates2 #7 Preview- I doubt T'challa in in this
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 11:04:37 am »
yeah, no BP in this.

It is all in space. Monica tries to break through the shield and fails. MAC goes to find Galactus, who is weakened. He won't help after see a discussion where the shield could keep him out. he won't waste his strength when he hs to fight lagos soon.

Given how sh*tty the Art is, Is it worth it to even get or just skip over it?

stuck behind the shield, Galactus won't help, carol despairs.

then end

So was I write he turn this Monica issue into CM & Big G/space heads issue ?
Pull List

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 11:11:43 am »
For all the credit we were giving cosmic-loving fans for the steady sales in vol 1, perhaps Rocafort's art was the true reason this book stayed afloat for so long...

even the most cosmic-y fanboy/girl ain't tryna look at this sh*t no more.  no offense intended.

I gotta say...I still love this book. I love the grand concepts. I love the writing. Not always a super fan of the art, but I will suffer through a few subpar art issues to get the writing, action, and whatnot.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 11:44:50 am »
Co-Sign SI. I enjoy Ultimates2 the most of any book right now.
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 12:29:46 pm »
yeah, no BP in this.

It is all in space. Monica tries to break through the shield and fails. MAC goes to find Galactus, who is weakened. He won't help after see a discussion where the shield could keep him out. he won't waste his strength when he hs to fight lagos soon.

then end

third the issue was monica leaving her human form tryign ot get through the shield

other third was MAC finding Galactus trying to get him to help and he told her to F off

other third was Carol being depressed

Offline 4sake

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 12:40:04 pm »
yeah, no BP in this.

then end

third the issue was monica leaving her human form tryign ot get through the shield

other third was MAC finding Galactus trying to get him to help and he told her to F off

other third was Carol being depressed

Cool...  Thanks for info next issue will decide if I add Ewing to mt boycott list (current & future work)..

He just doesn't get it..
Pull List

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 10:02:12 am »
I Read Ultimates just because i want to keep Current... Can Ewing not focus on Carol so much? And god can the Art not be so disgusting? Everyone in there looks like some weirdly drawn guy

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 10:30:01 am »
I just realized i've quit reading all bp related books  :-\

Maybe he can be a supporting character in Ms Marvel?
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 05:18:20 am »
I Read Ultimates just because i want to keep Current... Can Ewing not focus on Carol so much? And god can the Art not be so disgusting? Everyone in there looks like some weirdly drawn guy

Ewing is odd to me.

Comic nerds LOVE HIM.

But he can't sell at all. But is that his fault for his writing or his roster of D listers?

Then again, why does he keep putting so many D listers on his teams on purpose?

I have said before, I feel he self sabotages his own titles on purpose or sub consciously so he can go, "well I tried with Red Hulk but not Thunderbolt Red Hulk! aaaawww shucks"

I guess nerds love him because of his Z list fascination and continuity nuggets but GD, his plots just die off after awhile.

I really really really liked the first MA arc with Blade. And every beginning series he does makes me happy... until it drones on and on and I lose interest and leave.

They should just make him the "Event Tie In" writer for all titles because he is really good at that... at the detriment of his own plots.

He is like a Walmart Great Value version of Hickman at times.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 06:53:38 am »
I feel like with Ultimates it fell off early then other books. Like nothing from his interview has come to pass "Carol and Tchalla form the team together and they co-lead" Nope Carol has adopted herself as the leader and barks out orders to everyone.

"Monica and Adam will finally be able to cut loose" Nope not really, there isn't much action to be shown​but when it does happen they definitely aren't cutting loose. "Tchalla and Adam will start off on okay terms but the tension will grow as time goes on" Nope it kinda started when they captured Anti man then the quickly fizzed out.

"Mac can shut down the team if it comes down to it" I never really believed this anyways because it seemed more like Ewing trying to get people interested in her, but the closest thing was when she WWE chaired Carol, and during that confrontation I had little belief she could shut anything down.

Them Ewing has just bogged the story down with z list talking cosmic heads, then turned this into a galactus stealth solo,
then had the troubleshooters, more Z list whogivesaf*ck team come in and ass pull a victory that clearly should of been the Ultimates time to shine and prove to vogt why it was good have them around.

Hell we are what 18-19 issues into his story and nothing plot wise has moved at all, we just recently found out who jailed the multiverse, and the Ultimates have done very little like 3-4 cool feats out of 19 issues... That's my problem with Ewing Currently is that none of what he said the series would dive into has happened after so long.

I'm only thankful that Tchalla has been written right.

Maybe if Ewing was writing a solo rather then team book it would be better

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 09:40:15 am »
Ewing is just here to keep people from accusing Marvel of being racist

Mighty Avengers
Sam and Mighty Avengers
Ultimates
New Avengers
US Avengers

Just throw all the black, brown and queer people in a book and give it to Ewing
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2017, 09:48:40 am »
What would it take to get Olivier Coipel to do an art arc on this title?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 09:52:16 am »

Act of God

Be like Lebron taking his talents to Utah

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2017, 10:01:23 am »

Would oliver even want to get on the book at this point? seems like it would be a waste of talent on a dying book

Offline 4sake

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 03:19:05 pm »

Ewing is odd to me.

Comic nerds LOVE HIM.

But he can't sell at all. But is that his fault for his writing or his roster of D listers?

Then again, why does he keep putting so many D listers on his teams on purpose?

I have said before, I feel he self sabotages his own titles on purpose or sub consciously so he can go, "well I tried with Red Hulk but not Thunderbolt Red Hulk! aaaawww shucks"

I guess nerds love him because of his Z list fascination and continuity nuggets but GD, his plots just die off after awhile.

I really really really liked the first MA arc with Blade. And every beginning series he does makes me happy... until it drones on and on and I lose interest and leave.

They should just make him the "Event Tie In" writer for all titles because he is really good at that... at the detriment of his own plots.

He is like a Walmart Great Value version of Hickman at times.

It's his own fault + marvel own stupidity

The problem isn't including " D listers" or even using many  D listers on a roster.

It that he's focus & solicit the majority of the story on characters that retailers or & reading base won't grab the book for various reasons..  To add the lieing in the interviews  & marvel/his editors either allowing him to make these bad choices or marvel him making these choices.

You want to do some cool things with New  Rulk ( because Marvel told him he couldn't use OG Rulk last min cool), u want do something with new Iron P & Pod also cool, But can't do that at the adpect of Sunspot, Cannonball & S Girl ( the characters with the lagers fan bases & who the retailers are buying for.. Soon as He found out They were taken Rulk he should change his plans around & adding a few more characters to compensate.

He should grabbed The Thing & Blade (again) or grab Moonstar, Karma, Magik & Wolfbanes (last NM book made 50 issues) or Black Widow & Shang-Chi or maybe all of the above the point is that book shouldn't been put out their as is..

Or with Ult. If he kept him promises interviews & or was doing thing how he currently is but atleast use BP as central character as he using CM then this book would sell much better..

Right now CM, Mac, nu Rulk, Pod & nu Iron P have been used to push the overall story narrative/sale to retailers than BP, BM, Monica R, Sunspot, Cannonball & S-girl in what world especially business wise does this make sense?

Pull List

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2017, 08:19:30 pm »
Co-Sign SI. I enjoy Ultimates2 the most of any book right now.

In lockstep with you.

I think heads are really sleeping on the incredibly grand concepts and Reality sweeping playing field we're seeing, here. And? I think that some people don't real grasp the mind numbing scope of the powers at play and stakes being played for, here.

Ewing opened ULTIMATES with the 8th Reality...our beloved Eternity...in chains. Held by The First Reality. A power so impossible and extreme that even Eternity didn't fathom its existence. Adam DOES cut loose against The Anti-Man HERALD. And loses...at least at first. TChalla? Gets a clean dope moment when he defeats whatshername of Voight's team. 

We've seen more flashes of OUR TCHALLA in Ultimates than we have almost anywhere else. The biggest win of TChalla's post Battleworld career? He beats Thanos...BY OUTSMARTING HIM AND OUT TECH'ING HIM. Come on, yall. Let's not forget allat.

But also? Let's not forget how TChalla just stood around all suckafied and didn't apply his "better than Batman prep" to the battle plans that Monica completely screwed   devised, thus letting Rhodey get killed. If I was Iron Man? I'd be coming for TChalla. Because Tony know that there's no way that Rhodey dies unless TChalla LETS IT HAPPEN.

But then again? Howzabout translating across the freakin universe to Galactus' Ptah II [ yeah, Ptah...the Afrikan God of Creation ] and bearding Galactus in his own crib?

Overall? Ewing imo more than earns props for his writing.

And D or Z listers? Means NOTHING. A talented writer [ or a GREAT writer like Priest ] can turn them into A-List threats instantly. Remember, Priest took a bunch of chumps and made them absolutely no joke whatsoever when he had TChalla, and he is doing it with DeathStroke The Terminator, too.

Now. You know who is THE REAL threat to TChalla? Hmmm? No? Well. Coming to you soon...A BATTLE FOR WAKANDA THE INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE. FROM EARTH TO THE COSMOS AT LARGE. In my new fanfic called:

"THE ONCE, FUTURE, AND TRUE KING"

TCHALLA VS ROGUE HAPPY PANTS PANTHER+ACHEBE!!!

Yall like? Or nah?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:31:36 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw