Author Topic: Black Panther and the Crew #2- Enter Wakanda... Nope nevermind no wakanda  (Read 31115 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
just thinking outloud...

Nobody buys a team book to watch the team form. People buy a team book to watch the team interact.

Look at the Ultimates: Ultimates was solving sh*t the very first issue. He eventually got around to "put the team together"montage but that was like 7 issues deep.

Frnakly... no one cares. No one wants it to take 6 issues to get a team together. Just put them together and write teh damn book. Stop trying to make everything so realistic and "make it make sense." Write fiction people... just write fiction. Come out of the gate firing.

Slowly work in why they are working together naturally to the plot here and there.

Dude works with a bunch of comic peeps but ain't asking them for any advice?

THen again, he told them not to kill war machine and everyone just threw back their head laughing and carried on so...

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
just thinking outloud...

Nobody buys a team book to watch the team form. People buy a team book to watch the team interact.

Look at the Ultimates: Ultimates was solving sh*t the very first issue. He eventually got around to "put the team together"montage but that was like 7 issues deep.

Frnakly... no one cares. No one wants it to take 6 issues to get a team together. Just put them together and write teh damn book. Stop trying to make everything so realistic and "make it make sense." Write fiction people... just write fiction. Come out of the gate firing.

Slowly work in why they are working together naturally to the plot here and there.

THen again, he told them not to kill war machine and everyone just threw back their head laughing and carried on so...

Very true....
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

O fan base is to divided to really show support for hear outside of polls/blog post & the like..

Its so divided that you have to break core fan base down in 4 or 5 groups

1.  X-only : they don't care if she's in the background, leading or getting jobbed, they only buy x-books, her showing can be 100 time better than what was going on with her in the x-books, but because it got x on it its better & only what matters..

2. Big & Bad/Stuck in 80s & 90s : This group will only buy books with her where is main/only focus, she leads the team, saves the day & what have you even throw its a team book/not her solo.. This group focus her past & wont allow her to forward narrative wise & grow storywise.. She best xleader 30 years ago.. Put some respect on her name lol.. Give me Joke Punk Storm or give me death lol!!!  Give me FEATS!!!!!

3.The white supremacists : a lg amount  of her base are coons & white supremacist (black white supremacist, white white supremacist, gay white supremacist &etc) If it anit white it aint rite.. If not written buy white person then its a prob, if O not drawn like a white woman drip in chocolate its a prob, If she speaking to other blk characters, non white characters, & or other poc  x-characters they feel safe reading about then its a prob, If she not lusting after/dating a white-wash/safe poc, white male or character that is more/less white male just colored blue, green or etc; sexless. a mammy or dating yukio its a prob. Also give me Joke Punk Storm or give me death lol!!!

4. MLGBT Only : This want O to reveal to be gay or trans, drag queen, to be said to where a strap-on & or all of the above.. Also they hate her relationships with blk characters & story that focus on her being blk. They want LGBT & mutant focus story only (preferably in a x-book ). Some of them will settle her being bi long as she not in rship or around BP.

5.black comic books fans/BP fans who like her & Some Greater MU - This group will support her if not used as tool for white supremacy, may buy x-book if she not job/in background/actually has a narrative/character arc, usually prefer he MU/BP showing vs x-men showing.. Wants her with BP or & expand away for the X-men like Beast, Logan, Gambit, Jubs, Rogue & etc..

For the most part these 5 groups won't all buy a storm related book because of different value of what important..

Marvel try to said that her ongoing to groups 1-4 ( while killing a great amount of her good will with group 5) , then they try to sell the crew to group 5 & 2 but didn't care to find out at least half of group 5 wants nothing to do with her/piss with what done with her over past few yrs..

Marvel best bet with her is future is try to slowing rebuild goodwill with group 5 (potentiality the largest group)  & try to pull few fan from group 1 or 2 rebuild her core base..

Misty have similar issues but on much smaller level..

A hole lot of ppl claim they Misty fans but really only f*ck with when she dating/with Iron Fist ( their a group of them their are boycott her & Sam/Cap right now, due him taking her from danny - nevermind danny was show dating/hooking up with at least 4 women since misty & he broke up lol.. So they damn sure wouldn't buy the Crew..

Also some of her fans only like her when she & Collen are together as DOD/H4H, so who know how many them are buyinh the crew.

Then Misty fans who like/love Misty above all- Truth is TNC is writing her as nu-black & out of character/more like the netflix version to fit his story..  As A Misty fan ( f*ck Danny, Collen we cool) I hate how shes being used here & how she drawn..  If I was buying mainly/only for her I'd drop it/leave it in the store.. So who knows how many of her base was turn out by the writing..

I'll troll them all!  >:(

I respect Nick Spencer for transitioning Misty out of her bedwench stage.  I also credit the producers of Luke Cage netflix for understanding that sh*t was not going to fly with their main demographic either.

My sincerest apologists to Colleen, for having to be sacrificed to Danny in that switcheroo.  But it was for the greater good

8)  8)

Yeah Nick S is doing an great job with her sofar (could be better), but much better than Rick R wouldve done imo..
Cages producers seems to really understand who their saling & to what core fan base..
And it turely does suck for Colleen, as a fan of hers I'm pissed about, but better her than Misty.

Pull List

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
just thinking outloud...

Forming a Team only works If there is either high octane action forcing them to come together with s Big threat Looming, Or as a Tpb. Like you said no one wants to grind the month to month getting this team forming just for them to have the action set up at the end. That works for Movies, Not so much for Comics. Hickman Did it right with TRO and why they formed the illuminati again. T'Challa was with his poeple. sh*t went down, Action explosions and mayhem, He realized "Oh sh*t a world just blew up by this chick and i have no idea what is going on" Then he called in the group. We didn't need to see exactly how they formed, just that there was some sh*t that required a team of super geniuses and other powerful heroes to do the face against a unwinnable situation

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
just thinking outloud...

Forming a Team only works If there is either high octane action forcing them to come together with s Big threat Looming, Or as a Tpb. Like you said no one wants to grind the month to month getting this team forming just for them to have the action set up at the end. That works for Movies, Not so much for Comics. Hickman Did it right with TRO and why they formed the illuminati again. T'Challa was with his poeple. sh*t went down, Action explosions and mayhem, He realized "Oh sh*t a world just blew up by this chick and i have no idea what is going on" Then he called in the group. We didn't need to see exactly how they formed, just that there was some sh*t that required a team of super geniuses and other powerful heroes to do the face against a unwinnable situation

Yep, i don't need to see the text messages he sent to Reed and Black Bolt lol

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
just thinking outloud...

I'd extend thatů

Nobody buys a superhero comic to see how the lead BECOMES a hero.  They buy it to see him/her BEING a hero.

Offline marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
just thinking outloud...

I'd extend thatů

Nobody buys a superhero comic to see how the lead BECOMES a hero.  They buy it to see him/her BEING a hero.

People dropped Coates Black Panther because they couldn't find a hero period.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.