Author Topic: James Comey Anti-Climax  (Read 4864 times)

Offline Tanksleyd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
James Comey Anti-Climax
« on: June 09, 2017, 03:00:06 am »
The James Comey testimony
Not only was a non-issue
But his biggest hit
Was on Lynch
& Clinton
Wow

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
Re: James Comey Anti-Climax
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 04:34:48 am »
I agree that he took swipes at Clinton and Obama, but I think he felt the need to balance his criticism of both Administrations because he is a Republican. I thought the biggest hit was calling Trump a liar, which is a tag that has been danced around since the campaign, neither the media and most certainly Republicans have shown any interest in calling him that

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 06:57:15 am »
Seems to me that Comey testified under oath that Trump obstructed justice. He just declined to put that label on it, saying that's for the special prosecutor to determine. But that testimony in a courtroom would pretty much seal the deal. Not that I think it will ever come to that...
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 08:48:35 am »
Seems to me that Comey testified under oath that Trump obstructed justice. He just declined to put that label on it, saying that's for the special prosecutor to determine. But that testimony in a courtroom would pretty much seal the deal. Not that I think it will ever come to that...

Moreover, he all but called Trump a serial liar. You don't take that many notes regarding meetings you have unless
you are assuming the person you are speaking to is going to lie about said meetings later.

I've seen enough workplace strife to KNOW that part as a fact.

Lynch didn't try to squash an investigation, only rename it.

If Hillary's team HAD pulled what Trump did, they'd have no qualms screaming "obstruction of justice" in an open forum.
And there'd be indictments everywhere as a result.

Even as POTUS, Hillary'd get thrown under the bus to cheers, I'm sure of it.

Comey and the heads of the other US Intel agencies named in this matter are using the idea of respect for the office to avoid
fingering the POTUS themselves directly.

Whatever happens (or doesn't happen) its the Senate's fault and they all get to have careers still.

Even though I don't see how Comey can think he has a future in Washington after this. Even if nothing happens to Trump,
Republicans will never forgive him.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:11:54 pm by Vic Vega »

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 12:53:51 pm »
I still don't see Comey as any kind of superhero.  I hope progressives don't get to wrapped up in lionizing him.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 07:14:24 am »
In Kamala Harris' cross examination of Comey, she was setting up Sessions.  That's most important stuff of last week.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 06:06:17 pm »
In Kamala Harris' cross examination of Comey, she was setting up Sessions.  That's most important stuff of last week.

Intriguing.  I was most impressed by Sen. Harris' questions, out of the footage I saw.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 04:27:36 am »
To add insult to injury
As we waited for the smoking gun
The GOP Republican House of Representatives
Passed the repeal of the Obama Anti-Recession regulations
The Comey thing was more than a joke, it was a Trump University lesson
BTW, this GOP Republican legislation would loosen regulations on for-profit schools
The GOP Republican Financial Choice Act (as we watched James Comey) We got suckered...BIG TIME

It's not about being suckered.
There is not much anything the opposition party can do [legislatively] until the Mid-Term Elections.
The Congressional testimonies, the investigations into Russian meddling in the American elections and all of the other obstacles are merely developing moves. The real attacks begin with the Mid-Term Elections.

Then you'll see puppetine cry from disappointment.  ;D

Stay tuned! ;)

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 04:38:11 am »
I don't think Sen. Harris went after Sessions but rather the Deputy AG, she wanted him to commit to signing a order which would prevent Mueller from being fired by Trump. Newt Gingrich and other Trump supporters have begun to say that the investigation should be stopped
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:41:03 am by karaszero »

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 08:59:11 am »
I don't think Sen. Harris went after Sessions but rather the Deputy AG, she wanted him to commit to signing a order which would prevent Mueller from being fired by Trump. Newt Gingrich and other Trump supporters have begun to say that the investigation should be stopped

What I like about this is that Anti-Sovietism was such a core component of the Conservative identity.

Now we got a Russian President who is one step away from being a James Bond villain but they are willing to overlook cozying up to him because its their guy doing it.

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 10:29:02 am »
Exactly Vic, they can't say that he is a known liar and that this Russia scandal sounds traitorous

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 04:40:38 am »

What I like about this is that Anti-Sovietism was such a core component of the Conservative identity.

Now we got a Russian President who is one step away from being a James Bond villain but they are willing to overlook cozying up to him because its their guy doing it.

Aww-w-w c'mon...you're giving the knucklefuk far too much adulation. More like a Scooby-Doo villain.  :)
He's exactly what the political punditacracy described: he's a fukin' carnival barker. A nut so bored with his 'success' that he thinks he needs to be involved in the political process 'cause his ego got bruised by a charismatic, intelligent Black man at the White House Correspondence Dinner. After that event, I'm sure when he went back to his ivory tower that night and he's like,  "Why they dissed me like that?  I'm the star of the Apprentice!!!"

Suddenly, an idea sprung under his tupe observing a PlayStation advertising campaign [Greatness Awaits] on the fox network.

"They all laughed at me at the Correspondence Dinner but I'll make them all pay for their insolence. I'm richer than that ________ ! I bet I could run for president. I'm gonna make myself great again!"

Total silence.

Confused, his 3rd wife's son wearing a bleached  tee with the words, 'Expert' displayed in front.
"Doncha mean America, dad?"

"Wha...?" replied drumpf.

"America. Shouldn't America be the goal of your campaign?"

"Lemme get back to you on that... <dials Moscow> HEY! Mr. Kisylak, have I got a deal of a lifetime for you."

Because he actually thought he was of the same class or caliber as the distinguished gentleman, Mr. Barack Obama, what drumpf didn't know was that If Mr. Obama was a character in a cRPG, his charisma statistic would be in double digits, whereas drumpf's charisma statistic would round down from five points considering that he has the personality of rotting fruit... 
---Yeah, he may seem ripe with energy but because of his mean-spirited disposition, has a shelf life of less than 2 hours.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 08:43:22 am »

Aww-w-w c'mon...you're giving the knucklefuk far too much adulation. More like a Scooby-Doo villain.  :)
He's exactly what the political punditacracy described: he's a fukin' carnival barker. A nut so bored with his 'success' that he thinks he needs to be involved in the political process 'cause his ego got bruised by a charismatic, intelligent Black man at the White House Correspondence Dinner. After that event, I'm sure when he went back to his ivory tower that night and he's like,  "Why they dissed me like that?  I'm the star of the Apprentice!!!"

Suddenly, an idea sprung under his tupe observing a PlayStation advertising campaign [Greatness Awaits] on the fox network.

"They all laughed at me at the Correspondence Dinner but I'll make them all pay for their insolence. I'm richer than that ________ ! I bet I could run for president. I'm gonna make myself great again!"

Total silence.

Confused, his 3rd wife's son wearing a bleached  tee with the words, 'Expert' displayed in front.
"Doncha mean America, dad?"

"Wha...?" replied drumpf.

"America. Shouldn't America be the goal of your campaign?"

"Lemme get back to you on that... <dials Moscow> HEY! Mr. Kisylak, have I got a deal of a lifetime for you."

Because he actually thought he was of the same class or caliber as the distinguished gentleman, Mr. Barack Obama, what drumpf didn't know was that If Mr. Obama was a character in a cRPG, his charisma statistic would be in double digits, whereas drumpf's charisma statistic would round down from five points considering that he has the personality of rotting fruit... 
---Yeah, he may seem ripe with energy but because of his mean-spirited disposition, has a shelf life of less than 2 hours.

I was talking about Putin not Trump, Battle.

Check the Washington Post article about how many political enemies of Putin have ended up dead thru mysterious
circumstances.

He may be running his country economically into the ground to chase an expansionist dream but that doesn't make him harmless. Assad would probably have been gone long ago if not for him.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2017, 12:47:32 pm »

I was talking about Putin not Trump, Battle.

Oh, I know... :)

I just wanted an opportunity to make fun of our Russian president over here in the states while the idea was still fresh in my thoughts.  :)