Author Topic: Captain Atom, Firestorm, Dr. Solar or Dr. Manhattan?  (Read 129 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Captain Atom, Firestorm, Dr. Solar or Dr. Manhattan?
« on: June 17, 2017, 01:56:38 pm »
Which atomic manipulator is your favorite?

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: Captain Atom, Firestorm, Dr. Solar or Dr. Manhattan?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 06:22:07 am »
Firestorm!  At this point I'm primarily a Jason Rusch fan.  I was also a fan of the cartoons where he was part of the Super Friends.

I never got to read Watchmen but based on the movie, Manhattan is a straight up creep.  I'd love for Mr. Terrific to find a way to beat him in this latest mega-crossover.

Captain Atom I never got to read, I was too young to be exposed to the Charlton stuff.  I think the main thing I remember him from as a kid was his role in Justice League Europe, but I only got a few issues of that.

Dr. Solar, that was Whitman/Gold Key, right?  Same thing, I was too young.  Then in my adult life, I never read any of the revivals.  Decent stuff?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Online Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 02:06:19 pm »
Firestorm is #1. I liked him on Superfriends. I liked when Jason Rusch became Firestorm, and I like Jax on Legends of Tomorrow, so I've liked various incarnations of this character. Second would be Dr. Manhattan. Third, would be Captain Atom. He's third for me because I always thought he had a very cool look though I don't know much about him and I feel that DC in comics and other media are under using him. He should've been on a CW Arrowverse show by this point. Heck, Flash had one of his villains, General Eiling  (Clancy Brown) way back in its first season. The whole particle explosion thing could've been a great way to introduce Atom.

I've probably read more Dr. Solar books than Captain Atom actually, but outside of his very cool suit I'm not that big of a fan. That being said, he's not a bad character by any stretch and he has a classic, iconic look that to me says he'll be a character that will get revived again and again, as it appears they are doing.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 02:07:23 pm »
Firestorm!