Author Topic: Toon up! Animated Black Panther Discussion  (Read 4722 times)

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
Toon up! Animated Black Panther Discussion
« on: June 18, 2017, 06:34:58 am »
First and foremost, an acknowledgement:

This weekend there was a 1 hour Avengers Assemble cartoon in which Black Panther becomes the new leader of a new Avengers team!

26 episodes on deck of T'Challa doing T'Challa things (hopefully) while interacting with the greater M(C-lite)U!

So i figure how could we not appreciate this and all his other animated incarnations that came before?

Terminal Objective:
  • Appreciate  ;) and reminisce on your favorite animated moments.
  • Ongoing discussion for any past, current or future animated appearances

How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Toon up! Animated Black Panther Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 09:12:40 am »
I watched that hour long debut m Tchalla kicked All kinds of ass, There were times Where it was like "Dude he don't need the Avengers because he is soloing these guys himself" it was nice to see and very refreshing, the animation side of things are getting it right by having him behave more like the MCU side. The comic side is what is fumbling around being useless.

I would love to see a reboot of the BP Solo on bet, using runs for Priest and Hudlin (updated to modern times of course)
to have a BP Solo to get the name out there Even more

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 09:16:07 am »
Shout out to Xmen for the cameo in the 90s.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:19:08 am by CvilleWakandan »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 10:56:37 am »
Arg i missed it! Damn fathers day shenanigans!

Was it better than getting karnak sh*t?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 11:47:36 am »
Dude T'Challa is on point I watched it last night so father's day didn't get interrupted, but I would say take his debut on EMH, then multiply it by 3... Fine it online if you have to but it's worth the watch, you won't be disappointed

Offline Mortal Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 03:22:41 pm »
I watched it this morning.

It exceeded my expectations.  It was everything I could have wanted

I'll be watching every weekend

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 04:16:17 pm »
Too bad that there wasn't an animated series in the 1970s or 1980s.  Could have been great.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 05:01:44 pm »
That Avengers No More was pretty good!

You can watch it here, if you haven't seen it yet. I use this site a lot for catching up on missed episodes of shows.

https://www.watchcartoononline.io/avengers-assemble-season-4-episode-1-avengers-no-more-part-1

Offline Mortal Man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 06:01:59 am »
I watched that hour long debut m Tchalla kicked All kinds of ass, There were times Where it was like "Dude he don't need the Avengers because he is soloing these guys himself" it was nice to see and very refreshing, the animation side of things are getting it right by having him behave more like the MCU side. The comic side is what is fumbling around being useless.

I would love to see a reboot of the BP Solo on bet, using runs for Priest and Hudlin (updated to modern times of course)

This episode made up for the Karnak debacle, ten fold!

Not only did he go 1 on 5 and leave with bragging rights... but he also created a Magneto gun in under 10 minutes using spare parts at a radio shack including the cashier's headphones. 

The one thing that is clear to me is that they either don't know all the tech that will be his arsenal in the movie or they aren't going to show it until the movie does, b/c they are keeping him to pretty much klaws.  no energy blasts, force push, etc.  Just cloaking, claws and baraka claws, and his mind.  So not a bad consolation by any means

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 06:41:28 am »

Not only did he go 1 on 5 and leave with bragging rights... but he also created a Magneto gun in under 10 minutes using spare parts at a radio shack including the cashier's headphones. 

The one thing that is clear to me is that they either don't know all the tech that will be his arsenal in the movie or they aren't going to show it until the movie does, b/c they are keeping him to pretty much klaws.  no energy blasts, force push, etc.  Just cloaking, claws and baraka claws, and his mind.  So not a bad consolation by any means

yoooooo... return o fRadioshack panther? at the same time return of basic bare bones T'challa?

my pants are getting tight

sucks for my patients today. i got better sh*t to do this afternoon.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 06:57:45 am »
Not bad at All considering he was dropping those guys, and that tech feat was amazing it was like a throw back to Liss Panther, except more badass because of what he has done before that. It's a shame that one has to look to the Media for the real T'Challa While the Comic Version is stuck on defeated deflated Tchalla. Real fans are moving on, and the Coates apologists are getting bored because there is less dysfunction.

Offline Mortal Man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 07:43:44 am »

yoooooo... return o fRadioshack panther? at the same time return of basic bare bones T'challa?

Yup, the first 30 mins of the show was cool if not standard but iirc it was the 2nd half of the hour special where BP gets busy.  Impressively busy.  Radioshack + Basic Bare Bones vs the field.  and the field got owned lol

Offline Mortal Man

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 07:45:22 am »
Not bad at All considering he was dropping those guys, and that tech feat was amazing it was like a throw back to Liss Panther, except more badass because of what he has done before that. It's a shame that one has to look to the Media for the real T'Challa While the Comic Version is stuck on defeated deflated Tchalla. Real fans are moving on, and the Coates apologists are getting bored because there is less dysfunction.

Yes that was very Liss like now that you mention it. 

At this rate, it's going to be (1) MCU T'Challa (2) Animated T'Challa  (3) Video Game T'Challa (maybe) ..................................... (10) Comic T'Challa

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 08:15:34 am »

Yup, the first 30 mins of the show was cool if not standard but iirc it was the 2nd half of the hour special where BP gets busy.  Impressively busy.  Radioshack + Basic Bare Bones vs the field.  and the field got owned lol

It was pretty standard, i would say though probably the first 15 min were standard until BP shows up and he was portrayed as pretty badass and capable, but it wasn't until the end of ep 1/beginning of Ep 2 that he really kicks into high gear, Taking on Kang, Asgardians, destroyed Zola or whatever his name was, i couldn't hear it that well, Smack around leader too.. It was a good episode for Panther Fans. The cheesy dialogue is something i have to remind myself that this is a kids show though lol

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 05:01:21 am »
Not bad for a corny ass borderline bad (for an adult) show.

taking on the cabal by himself was the highlight for sure. Also the 1-2 he was giving that wolf thing.

and yoooo throwback to Liss run was kinda random and funny as hell.

My biggest issues with AA t'challa simply fall back to his fundamental "gear." Claws and Baraka blades are redundant. And also give a fundamental flaw that he will never be able to stab anyone on a disney show. Same problem Wolverine has always had in the cartoons.

Some sort of flashy energy daggers or energy claws would work soooooooooo much better. plus... toys.

But his movements are on point. Ninja and cat like. What got lost through the years of BP comics is that dude was FAST and AGILE. Every freaking appearance in the pre-priest age mentioned how fast he was. "Whoa hes as fast as his namesake!" "Wow he moves like a jungle cat!" "oh his panther speed caught me off guard!"

Other than a speedster like QS, he was likely the fastest dude around, same area as spider-man and DD.

The cartoons, even this one, gets that. Which is refreshing. Gives him a nitch among that group... no one else moves like him.

Ain't no EMH but showing was legit.