Author Topic: Toon up! Animated Black Panther Discussion  (Read 4725 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Toon up! Animated Black Panther Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 05:02:22 am »
Oh and how come Cartooons (EMH and now AA) can actually make Captain Marvel/Carol into a fun powerhouse character but the comics make her annoying AF?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 06:53:15 am »
Not bad for a corny ass borderline bad (for an adult) show.

taking on the cabal by himself was the highlight for sure. Also the 1-2 he was giving that wolf thing.

and yoooo throwback to Liss run was kinda random and funny as hell.

My biggest issues with AA t'challa simply fall back to his fundamental "gear." Claws and Baraka blades are redundant. And also give a fundamental flaw that he will never be able to stab anyone on a disney show. Same problem Wolverine has always had in the cartoons.

Some sort of flashy energy daggers or energy claws would work soooooooooo much better. plus... toys.

But his movements are on point. Ninja and cat like. What got lost through the years of BP comics is that dude was FAST and AGILE. Every freaking appearance in the pre-priest age mentioned how fast he was. "Whoa hes as fast as his namesake!" "Wow he moves like a jungle cat!" "oh his panther speed caught me off guard!"

Other than a speedster like QS, he was likely the fastest dude around, same area as spider-man and DD.

The cartoons, even this one, gets that. Which is refreshing. Gives him a nitch among that group... no one else moves like him.

Ain't no EMH but showing was legit.

I agree on the Claws and Baraka blades part that they are redundant and it limits his o\use of them. That is where EMH was smart in that he had the claws still (Namesake weapons) but then he had the energy daggers in which were his projectiles as well as his work around to use without it looking to morbid for a kids show. I think that is the most important thing. T'Challa uses Claws and Energy daggers as his bladed weapons of Choice, and the daggers allows more more freedom of use against anything from people (Non lethal setting) to guys like Ultron and being able to phase through his armor and mess up the hardware. It would be good if they changed them back.

But otherwise, yea i thought it was interesting the Liss throwback, and i immediately saw it and was like " Huh, cool".

One thing though, As you mentioned it and now im curious, During and Post Priest Era, was it ever mentioned how Fast T'Challa was? i can't remember if Priest mentioned it, but i know a few times Hudlin threw it in subtly Such as with Catching wolverine off guard, or finding and beating Cage to his hideout, and maybe the Little green men arc, but other then that i cant rememeber 

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 07:20:22 am »
Not bad for a corny ass borderline bad (for an adult) show.

taking on the cabal by himself was the highlight for sure. Also the 1-2 he was giving that wolf thing.

and yoooo throwback to Liss run was kinda random and funny as hell.

My biggest issues with AA t'challa simply fall back to his fundamental "gear." Claws and Baraka blades are redundant. And also give a fundamental flaw that he will never be able to stab anyone on a disney show. Same problem Wolverine has always had in the cartoons.

Some sort of flashy energy daggers or energy claws would work soooooooooo much better. plus... toys.

But his movements are on point. Ninja and cat like. What got lost through the years of BP comics is that dude was FAST and AGILE. Every freaking appearance in the pre-priest age mentioned how fast he was. "Whoa hes as fast as his namesake!" "Wow he moves like a jungle cat!" "oh his panther speed caught me off guard!"

Other than a speedster like QS, he was likely the fastest dude around, same area as spider-man and DD.

The cartoons, even this one, gets that. Which is refreshing. Gives him a nitch among that group... no one else moves like him.

Ain't no EMH but showing was legit.

I agree on the Claws and Baraka blades part that they are redundant and it limits his o\use of them. That is where EMH was smart in that he had the claws still (Namesake weapons) but then he had the energy daggers in which were his projectiles as well as his work around to use without it looking to morbid for a kids show. I think that is the most important thing. T'Challa uses Claws and Energy daggers as his bladed weapons of Choice, and the daggers allows more more freedom of use against anything from people (Non lethal setting) to guys like Ultron and being able to phase through his armor and mess up the hardware. It would be good if they changed them back.

But otherwise, yea i thought it was interesting the Liss throwback, and i immediately saw it and was like " Huh, cool".

One thing though, As you mentioned it and now im curious, During and Post Priest Era, was it ever mentioned how Fast T'Challa was? i can't remember if Priest mentioned it, but i know a few times Hudlin threw it in subtly Such as with Catching wolverine off guard, or finding and beating Cage to his hideout, and maybe the Little green men arc, but other then that i cant rememeber 

Priest had some acrobatic, speed stuff like dragging up a building in 10s and when he did stuff like this:

but that is pretty much it for priest. The speed stuff was never really highlighted or focused on. It was a lot more subtle. Simple stuff like getting smacked by the Hulk yet flipping and landing right side up.

Hudlin... I need to re-read honestly. I haven't read since I started the blog so a lot of the feats are light ish. I can't remember much other than casually evading the Arab Knight guy while proposing to storm and the wolverine thign you mentioned. SWAD had some speed aspects and reaction feats of course.

McDuffie had the silver surfer thing with the board and when he evaded the trisckers gadgets...

The most hilarious thing is the depowered, Hells Kitchen version had reaction and speed feats everywhere. With no vibranium weave and no anti gun tech, he had to dodge everything. Now you see why someone like Daredevil has so many speed feats... he simply has to or he'd be dead lol.

Hickman had just a couple (first issue and then that stuff with Ryder). Coates panther tanks everyting with the weave outside of some random stuff

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 07:50:05 am »
Yea, Kinda one of the benefits of not beign bulletproof of you get some nasty speed feats. But i feel like They should still be highlighted. I mean logically speaking, even if one could simply tank bullets, why still take the risk? Thats the thing i hate the most about Coates Panther, is the force push addition was added to compensate for Coates lack of imagination and ability to write a fight scene. He just tanks hits then force pushes away, rather then supplementing his fighting style with it. Shocking as it is to Coates, Since T'Challa can absorb vibrations while simply walking or running there is zero need to take hits whatsoever,especially form redshirts.

I want a writer who highlights his basic tech and intellect like Priest, His H2h and charisma like Hudlin, and his agility and such like Liss or Gillis... Basically i want another Mcduffie Panther LOL he was the perfect blend of Priest and Hudlin in terms of planning, tech, and h2h.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 11:09:54 am »
Oh and how come Cartooons (EMH and now AA) can actually make Captain Marvel/Carol into a fun powerhouse character but the comics make her annoying AF?

They don't try/not trying to force her in a role a wish fulfillment character, They not presenting/showing as the main/lead female character, they aren't giving her the "toys"/"role"/teammates other characters with little to no benefit to those characters they have sense enuff not to use her as main pow character & team leader when other are better suited for those roles & lastly they let her be kind of be a likable/ lovable jackass/ahole who's on up to her mistakes instead just an annoying jackass/ahole (in comics) & then have other characters/writers/marvel makes excuses for their bad writing choices with CM & then triple down on it by telling her how we all should love & support her & that he's also that she is greatest ever again & again & again & again..
Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 11:34:40 am »
Yea, Kinda one of the benefits of not beign bulletproof of you get some nasty speed feats. But i feel like They should still be highlighted. I mean logically speaking, even if one could simply tank bullets, why still take the risk? Thats the thing i hate the most about Coates Panther, is the force push addition was added to compensate for Coates lack of imagination and ability to write a fight scene. He just tanks hits then force pushes away, rather then supplementing his fighting style with it. Shocking as it is to Coates, Since T'Challa can absorb vibrations while simply walking or running there is zero need to take hits whatsoever,especially form redshirts.

I want a writer who highlights his basic tech and intellect like Priest, His H2h and charisma like Hudlin, and his agility and such like Liss or Gillis... Basically i want another Mcduffie Panther LOL he was the perfect blend of Priest and Hudlin in terms of planning, tech, and h2h.

In a total of... 12 minutes? of screen time (CW and BP trailer), the MCU...

- showed off the vibranium weave suite in dramatic fashion. Took helicopter machine gun bullets with ease. Took two exploding arrows to the face and didn't flinch. in the trailer, took machine gun fire right to the damn face point black

and yet at the same time...

- got into a foot race with bucky and captain america
- in said foot race, jumps from car to car to falcon
- went from roof top to the ground effortlessly
- had the hand speed to fight steve and bucky on equal (if not superior) footing... in and out of the suit.
- chased down bucky when bucky was in full terminator mode
- dodged 2 arrows shot at close range from a guy known for shooting with accuracy
- caught two arrows at close range
- unleashed a jumping triple kick
- jumps off an exploding care while doing a flip gymnastic move combo and lands effortlesslyy on another car

all those are speed and agility feats.

there is more to speed and agility than dodging bullets. i swear sometimes, for a genre that can be anything you can imagine, comic writers are dull.

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 01:00:19 pm »
They're not going to expand his repertoire until the movie comes out.  They probably don't even know what his repertoire will be, hence the baracka claws.  Everybody has to have "something" and the claws probably weren't stand out-ish enough.

He'll get his shiny purple projectiles and force push mania next season.   
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 01:23:21 pm »

In a total of... 12 minutes? of screen time (CW and BP trailer), the MCU...

- showed off the vibranium weave suite in dramatic fashion. Took helicopter machine gun bullets with ease. Took two exploding arrows to the face and didn't flinch. in the trailer, took machine gun fire right to the damn face point black

and yet at the same time...

- got into a foot race with bucky and captain america
- in said foot race, jumps from car to car to falcon
- went from roof top to the ground effortlessly
- had the hand speed to fight steve and bucky on equal (if not superior) footing... in and out of the suit.
- chased down bucky when bucky was in full terminator mode
- dodged 2 arrows shot at close range from a guy known for shooting with accuracy
- caught two arrows at close range
- unleashed a jumping triple kick
- jumps off an exploding care while doing a flip gymnastic move combo and lands effortlesslyy on another car

all those are speed and agility feats.

there is more to speed and agility than dodging bullets. i swear sometimes, for a genre that can be anything you can imagine, comic writers are dull.

Well yea MCU T'Challa is bad ass. And yea i think the problem with writers these days is that they aren't going for that fantasy decades ago the world outside your window, instead of all of this realism... I think characters kinda need to get a Revamp of their core abilities. Too many times people are trying to add more sh*t or focus to heavily on one aspect they abandon all the other things, turning the character into a one trick pony.

T'Challa's MCU and Disney showings have been the best we have seen in years.. Thats bad

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 11:01:35 am »
great episode, but i do not like Captain Marvel's voice. She's so annoying.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 11:39:49 am »
They gave ant man a cartoon show?  ???

Shiiiiiit

Black Panther better be getting one in Spring 2018!

Should have all the characters from the movie
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 09:19:30 pm »
! No longer available

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2017, 06:37:55 pm »
! No longer available

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2017, 11:44:08 pm »
! No longer available

Omg, JRCarter. I just found that video a few minutes ago, and was just about to link that video, thinking that no one's seen it yet.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 06:32:32 am »

1 Boseman
2 Manthis
2 Hounsou

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile