Author Topic: BOOMERANG 25TH ANNIVERSARY!  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
BOOMERANG 25TH ANNIVERSARY!
« on: June 28, 2017, 08:57:22 am »
Check out the movie and music clips on the main page!

Offline DISTRAKTMC

• View Profile
    • DISTRAKT OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Re: BOOMERANG 25TH ANNIVERSARY!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 02:40:37 pm »
This movie was an exciting roller coaster ride of laughs and some mighty fine actresses too. Knocked it out of the ballpark with this one! What a delicious and amazing cast. (((CLASSIC)))

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 10:32:10 pm »
This movie was an exciting roller coaster ride of laughs and some mighty fine actresses too. Knocked it out of the ballpark with this one! What a delicious and amazing cast. (((CLASSIC)))
thank you!

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 09:04:53 am »
There needs to be a deluxe HD Blu-Ray release, with new interviews with the cast and crew!  A documentary about "the making of" and the film's enduring appeal!  Audio commentary with Mr. Reggie and Eddie!
There can be a special release party with all sorts of cool folks! Reunite the folks who were on the soundtrack to perform live! Everyone would want to attend!

This can happen!  Why not?!??!   :D
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 09:58:27 am »
There needs to be a deluxe HD Blu-Ray release, with new interviews with the cast and crew!  A documentary about "the making of" and the film's enduring appeal!  Audio commentary with Mr. Reggie and Eddie!
There can be a special release party with all sorts of cool folks! Reunite the folks who were on the soundtrack to perform live! Everyone would want to attend!

I concur. :)

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 10:34:53 am »
I say all the time Boomerang is as fine a grown-up, romantic comedy that has ever been made!  I'll keep saying and not just because it's my personal favorite, but because I want to see it recognized as such.  Directing, performances, writing, cinematography... everything was on point down to the dude in the ticket booth... "I know this!"  Perfect!  My two cents.

Peace,

Mont

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 11:29:25 am »
Really would like them to do a screening at the Alamo Theater for the anniversary.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 07:05:13 pm »

Paramount hasn't stepped up yet.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 07:06:26 pm »
I say all the time Boomerang is as fine a grown-up, romantic comedy that has ever been made!  I'll keep saying and not just because it's my personal favorite, but because I want to see it recognized as such.  Directing, performances, writing, cinematography... everything was on point down to the dude in the ticket booth... "I know this!"  Perfect!  My two cents.

Peace,

Mont
My man Irv Dottin was in the booth.  He was a young man from Cambridge from one of my student films.  No rehearsal, just threw in the scene with no dialogue and told him to wing it.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 09:30:10 pm »
Wow!  That's cool to know!  I loved that scene.  The interaction is kind of mirrored later on between Eddie and Halle's young student who was explaining her painting... "Thank you, for your interpretation."  Hilarious!

Loved the two jewelry bootleggers too!  "...brother, that's a nice watch!"   8)

Peace,

Mont