Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2017  (Read 3806 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
NBA Off Season 2017
« on: June 29, 2017, 11:05:19 am »
I'm just sitting here, waiting for Kevin Pritchard to f*ck up the Paul George team and watch my team be endlessly mediocre for the next 10 years.

:(

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Off Season 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 12:09:30 pm »
I'm just sitting here, waiting for Kevin Pritchard to f*ck up the Paul George team and watch my team be endlessly mediocre for the next 10 years.

Yeah, you're doomed. Although it's not really Pritchard's fault. He was welcomed to the job with PG-13's announcement cratering his trade value. Your best case scenario is a half-decent rebuild in a small market that is not exactly a free agent magnet. Still, draft smart, manage your cap, develop some young talent, suck for a couple of years and hope for the best.

Ok, I just looked at your roster. I feel for you, man. Not much there. Is Myles Tuner's ceiling potential All-Star or just a competent starter? He's your best young guy. You do have some vets other teams might give up assets for - Teague (FA?), Thad Young, Jefferson, Seraphin, Ellis. Yeah, that crew is uninspiring with PG. Without him, well, let's just say I can see PG's point.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 12:21:09 pm »

Yeah, you're doomed. Although it's not really Pritchard's fault. He was welcomed to the job with PG-13's announcement cratering his trade value. Your best case scenario is a half-decent rebuild in a small market that is not exactly a free agent magnet. Still, draft smart, manage your cap, develop some young talent, suck for a couple of years and hope for the best.

Ok, I just looked at your roster. I feel for you, man. Not much there. Is Myles Tuner's ceiling potential All-Star or just a competent starter? He's your best young guy. You do have some vets other teams might give up assets for - Teague (FA?), Thad Young, Jefferson, Seraphin, Ellis. Yeah, that crew is uninspiring with PG. Without him, well, let's just say I can see PG's point.

Bird completely mismanaged his last few years.

Pacers fans only have short runs fo "dark times" really. We knocked on the door with Reggies team for years, then knocked on the door with Jermaines teams until it imploded, then we knocked for a couple years with the PG/Hibbert smash mouth years.

Then Bird f*cked up and f*cked up hard. Bad signing after bad signing and not recognizign that the jig was up and we needed to rebuild around PG before it was too late. He just kept shooting for that 6th seed which is just dumb. I am not a "championship or bust" kind of fan... but you got to at least be winning 50 games and not getting swept by the #1 seed lol.

Now its too late :(

IDK how much i trust pritchard, hes been around Bird the last couple years and all these bad signings.

I am actually REALLY high on Turner. He is the new breed of 5... shot blocking + 3 point shooting. Its a shame hima nd PG can't back go through their primes at the same time.

BBut I do not blame PG one little bit. Some fans are all pissy and sh*t but... when our management completely fails over and over and you are about to hit your prime and have a chance to contend? Yeah... i dont blame him. He gave us some great years.

Back to the dark days.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 08:14:15 am »
I want to puke

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 05:03:06 am »
Open your pockets, Tom Gores.  The Pistons need a turbo boost of talent.  Might as well try to one-up your buddy Dan Gilbert.  Stan Van Gundy has yet to build a contender squad.  In the fall, the team will be playing in the city limits for the first time in nearly 40 years.  Hopefully a trend of winning games goes along with it.   :-\
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 08:49:20 pm »
My Sixers are gearing up!  More than legitimate, viable!  Solid mix of young talent and vet savvy!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 08:40:04 am »
I want to puke
Again, MoS, I feel for you.
Oladipo and Sabonis. Not exactly the stuff that dreams are made of.
I hope y'all are not out in the cold for too long. The sad thing is you might actually make the playoffs in the East.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 08:43:18 am »
I want to puke
I hope y'all are not out in the cold for too long. The sad thing is you might actually make the playoffs in the East.

yeah talk abotu a worst nightmare. East is so bad might stumble in with a terrible roster and miss out on the lottery pick.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 08:44:01 am »
My Sixers are gearing up!  More than legitimate, viable!  Solid mix of young talent and vet savvy!

Peace,

Mont
They should be very interesting to watch. It would be a big step forward if they can just keep their young talent on the floor. Still, two consecutive #1 picks taking the floor plus Embiid. They're talented but they're young. Smart move getting some vets on short contracts to mix in. They've got to go from The Process to building a winning culture. I think Brett Brown can do it with the right support. Signing the right vets is critical. If they make the playoffs, that would be a wildly successful year.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 08:45:52 am by Curtis Metcalf »

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 08:44:41 am »
I want to puke

yeah talk abotu a worst nightmare. East is so bad might stumble in with a terrible roster and miss out on the lottery pick.
Yup. Exactly.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 08:45:08 am »

Peace,

Mont
They should be very interesting to watch. It would be a big step forward if they can just keep their young talent on the floor. Still, two consecutive #1 picks taking the floor plus The Process. They're talented but they're young. Smart move getting some vets on short contracts to mix in. They've got go from The Process to building a winning culture. I think Brett Brown can do it with the right support. Signing the right vets is critical. If they make the playoffs, that would be a wildly successful year.

unfortunately their hopes and dreams current rest on the shouldres of a giant who can't keep healthy.

risky risky risky

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 11:31:10 am »
Oh well. Milsap is gone. Not sure what the Hawks will do this season.
But on the bright side, the East is weak so we'll still make the playoffs.
But the Wizards are one move away from being a legit problem.
Ugh.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 01:46:28 pm »
Open your pockets, Tom Gores.  The Pistons need a turbo boost of talent.  Might as well try to one-up your buddy Dan Gilbert.  Stan Van Gundy has yet to build a contender squad.  In the fall, the team will be playing in the city limits for the first time in nearly 40 years.  Hopefully a trend of winning games goes along with it.   :-\
Sorry Hype, I am not optimistic for your Pistons. It's the roster. Who can they build around? I don't see anybody with superstar potential. Actually, I don't even see any potential all-stars. (Ok, maybe Drummond.)

Their cap situation doesn't look too bad. Nobody on bad contracts. Some deals they could probably move if they wanted to make space. No reason for anybody to come there either though. I think Van Gundy is pretty good. Next season probably looks a lot like this past season.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 02:24:50 pm by Curtis Metcalf »

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 02:22:56 pm »
Ugh.
Well, the Hawks are kind of in the same boat as the Pistons except for their cap situation is better. They might not be done yet in this year's free agency. If they can get somebody worthwhile to take their money.

The Wizards are in a strange position. They have a pretty good team that has no chance of beating the Cavs. They need some tinkering around the edges to improve their bench but they're getting pinched by the salary cap. The Kings just gave Otto Porter a max offer that the Wizards pretty much have to match which is indicative of how much versatile wings are worth in today's game. Maybe they can get enough internal improvement (better defense, comfort with Brooks' system, better bench production) to make it to the ECF but LBJ ain't worried.

I wonder if they should think about shopping Beal. Although I don't know what they could get back. Maybe if the Brow/Boogie experiment in NOLA doesn't work...

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 10:45:24 am »
Ugh.
Well, the Hawks are kind of in the same boat as the Pistons except for their cap situation is better. They might not be done yet in this year's free agency. If they can get somebody worthwhile to take their money.

The Wizards are in a strange position. They have a pretty good team that has no chance of beating the Cavs. They need some tinkering around the edges to improve their bench but they're getting pinched by the salary cap. The Kings just gave Otto Porter a max offer that the Wizards pretty much have to match which is indicative of how much versatile wings are worth in today's game. Maybe they can get enough internal improvement (better defense, comfort with Brooks' system, better bench production) to make it to the ECF but LBJ ain't worried.

I wonder if they should think about shopping Beal. Although I don't know what they could get back. Maybe if the Brow/Boogie experiment in NOLA doesn't work...

I prefer subtraction versus addition when it comes to Washington. They scare me more than the Cavs.

I hear we're getting Jamal Crawford in a 3 way trade. We never should have let him leave in the first place.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!