Author Topic: Justice League Movie (spoilers)  (Read 6932 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: Justice League Movie (spoilers)
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2017, 06:54:51 am »
Just saw the film, I'd give it a B+, similar to the Suicide Squad film--

Again we saw a warped techno-organic headquarters with all sorts of drones serving the main bad guy in the parademons.

I don't see why the film got categorized as being a "disaster" in many critical reviews.

Everyone seemed to be just fine as far as actors, though I felt that Gal Gadot was the best, I really liked her intro sequence, showing her speed, strength, and blocking bullets!  I hope she gets to be the leader of the group in the next film. Why not?

Ray Fisher as Cyborg was better than I was anticipating. I wish we saw more of his background, though, something where he was in action and not just brooding in his house.  I like at the end where he was able to create his more "smoothed out" look.  This was the first time I've seen him depicted as flying, also.  Neat.

The Flash was the most fun character to watch and listen to-- clearly he's set up as the comic relief of the team.  I liked the exchange with Cyborg when they were digging up Superman's grave.  I also got the joke on how everybody disappears from in front of Commissioner Gordon except him.

The fight with the revived Superman was pretty decent, though the story kind of ignores it later on-- how does the public respond to Superman coming back from the dead, or the cop who was attacked and the damage done? This wasn't really spoken on.  I didn't know that the mother box would be used in the revival.  I halfway figured it would be a Lazarus Pit.

I liked the special effects, I really had no problem with them.

I liked the fight in Atlantis, I liked how that was handled-- especially Mera and her hydrokinesis.  They dodged the "talks to fish" angle, I guess that'll be in the solo film.  I'm looking forward to the Aquaman film. Jason Momoa is just fine in the role, seems like he's kind of "underwater Thor" but that's okay.

Ciaran Hinds as Steppenwolf was just fine, I guess-- kind of thankless, though.  But he was kind of hidden behind the makeup and CGI, so you never really get to know him as a villain other than he's clearly a bad guy. I don't recall any lengthy scenes with him on his own. Also there was no video conference with Darkseid? I thought that would take place.

I liked the fight scene with the Amazons-- that was pretty brutal, I wonder how they put all of that together with the horses falling and everything.  I thought they might help out at the end, though.

I liked at the end where old Wayne Manor is going to be converted into the Hall of Justice.

I hope for many more heroes to appear in future films--
I hope for folks like Green Lantern-- with that, I do hope John Stewart is there, but I won't be offended with Hal Jordan. I hope that Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz show up in the Green Lanterns movie.

I'd like Vixen to be on the team. Martian Manhunter would be nice. Firestorm would be awesome. Green Arrow would be a good pick. Plastic Man would be a really cool opportunity for a comedic actor.

It occurs to me that Steel (another tech-centric armored guy who flies) is kind of made redundant with the presence of Cyborg.  Well, I still have dim hopes that he'll show up somewhere along the line.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:11:48 am by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2017, 07:13:49 am »
^
Cool that you checked it out. Are you on to Star Wars next this weekend?

I agree with what you said about expanding the League, though unfortunately we might not ever see a sequel to this film, or one that has all of these characters. Like you I could see Wonder Woman as the leader of a future JL sequel. Gadot possesses strength and warmth and has been a more inspirational figure than Cavill's Superman. I liked how she interacted with most of the other League members. I think Snyder had wanted Cyborg to be the heart of the team, but in the film I thought it was Wonder Woman.

If they did do a JL sequel here's who I would want to see:
-GL: Either Jessica Cruz (with Gina Rodriguez, who is already a member of the WB family) or John Stewart.
-Hawkgirl (especially if there is John Stewart GL; let's bring back those fond memories of the JL cartoon)
-Green Arrow. I would like to see Matt Damon in the role. Him interacting with Batfleck would be fun.
-Vixen
-Black Canary (esp. if Green Arrow is involved)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2018, 01:12:47 pm »
WB should have pushed the movie back.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan