Author Topic: Black Panther and The Crew #5  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther and The Crew #5
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 01:32:01 pm »
Coates poison has effectively spilled into the rest of the MU, Now T'Challa and Wakanda will be the punching bags of all baddies since apparently any Z list nobody can not only sneak into Wakanda, but get to his Command center, AND get the drop on him, when he is supposed to have super senses. But i guess thats what happens when the person going to bat for him is a fool like Coates..

Online Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 02:21:17 pm »
Coates poison has effectively spilled into the rest of the MU, Now T'Challa and Wakanda will be the punching bags of all baddies since apparently any Z list nobody can not only sneak into Wakanda, but get to his Command center, AND get the drop on him, when he is supposed to have super senses. But i guess thats what happens when the person going to bat for him is a fool like Coates..

Well, Faustus had a black woman with him.  That's enough to defeat the Panther Patriarchy. :P

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 04:51:12 pm »
how much does Panther appear in issue #5?  One issue left to go, yes?

How has the main plot been explained at this point?  Who is-- who are-- the villains?  (I'm not trying to be a smart-alec here, so mentions of Mr. Coates don't help me  ::))--
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Online Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 05:53:08 pm »

How has the main plot been explained at this point?  Who is-- who are-- the villains?  (I'm not trying to be a smart-alec here, so mentions of Mr. Coates don't help me  ::))--

The plot appears to be that HYDRA bought a hotel in Harlem.  This is apparently Evil™, for reasons.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 06:24:02 pm »

The plot appears to be that HYDRA bought a hotel in Harlem.  This is apparently Evil™, for reasons.

Pretty much.

4 issues in and all it did is force Harlem into storms history, force ezra into Lukes history, make it so somehow ezra got weapons from wakanda when they were in pure isolation mode, and apparently ezra had an original crew of black metas that did... umm nit sure but they did stuff back in the day.

Issue five is seemingly going to force harlem inti the aboriginal ayatralians history next

Bad guy = hydra real estate division

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 06:31:07 pm »

Not out yet.

Next week or week after, but both come out in August I think.

Online Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 06:58:49 pm »
and the Crew #5 is on the list for next week.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 08:44:50 pm »

I see Coates' name, grab my weapon, and be like:

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2017, 05:55:44 am »
>>>Supreme

I haven't picked up any of Coates' run of Black Panther yet but now that you're discussing the plot twists here at HEF and everything...

Can I ask now?  :-\

What is your assessment of the current run of Black Panther?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2017, 07:40:38 am »
>>>Supreme

I haven't picked up any of Coates' run of Black Panther yet but now that you're discussing the plot twists here at HEF and everything...

I stopped buying TNC's T'Chumpa The Bland Panther a good while ago. What is my assessment of the current run of BP? One word: bullsh*t.

If I had the mythos of BP? I'd first get the background straight. I'd sit back and study even more in depth the history of the continent, and consider how Wakanda could be "real" in Afrika. Imo Wakanda would be built upon as a combination of real and legendary Empires of Afrikan people who never succumbed to the yoke of slavery. I'm not talking "just" Ptahmerrian/Kemet. I mean way more than that. Ptahmerrian is part of Ptah-Seti [ "Ethiopia" ]. The so-called "Gorgons" of Greek legend were, as Herodotus and others proclaimed, actually warrior sistahs who lived in regions inclusive of modern day Libya. Imagine if the Arabs never succeeded in conquest of us. Imagine if Hannibal never fell. Imagine if the Mansas like Mansa Musa never really fell, but instead retreated to Wakanda. Imagine that the land riches of Wakanda exceed that of Mansa Musa's because Mansa Musa took his riches with him in his journey to Wakanda. Imagine Suleiman of the Crusades was Afrikan and his bloodline and scholars retreated to Wakanda. Imagine that the staggering works of our ancestors from over 200k years ago, building massive magnificent stone works, homes and vast cities stretching THOUSANDS OF MILES LONG...went unchecked. In Wakanda. Etc etc.

Wakanda would be the incarnation of the epitome of excellence of Afrika, cradle of humanity. All that was most outstanding of Afrika would reside in Wakanda.

Including the enemies of the Black Panthers. Baron Macabre. Solomon Preyy. Kiber the Kruel. Somberr. Reverend Achebe. White Wolf. Killmonger. Malice. M'Baku the Man-Ape. And every other Wakandan foe of BP's. Would get a serious. Serious. Serious. Threat and power upgrade. I would spend time making them into horrific adversaries. You see...any one of these villains could take over the entire world. With relative ease. Which means? That much of The Black Panthers' time would be devoted to literally containing these threats inside Wakanda. Were they to escape and do so unchecked? They would immediately ravish large portions of the planet before anyone could do a thing about it.

I would really build the world of BP like I used to do back in the day as a Dungeons and Dragons DM of some acclaim. I'd really flesh out the characters, the dynamics, everything.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 08:38:55 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 07:59:12 am »
I stopped buying TNC's T'Chumpa The Bland Panther a good while ago. What is my assessment of the current run of BP? One word: bullsh*t.

I need to photoshop this gif to say "Wakandans", because it is applicable to the quoted post  8)

How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 08:02:42 am »
>>>Supreme

That's too bad.  :(

If you won't touch the book, I won't touch it.

'Cause you're a true Black Panther fan.  8)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 08:15:49 am »
Worst part is Marvel is fully okay with this Bullsh*t panther, and now its starting to spill out to the rest of the MU. At first when Coates bullsh*t started it was ignored and other writers had T'Challa looking badass and regal like he should. Now Coates Bland Panther starting to make its way and taint the MU.. We can only rely on the movies and cartoon to come correct now

Online Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 09:40:42 am »
>>>Supreme

As far as I am concerned, it's the worst BP book I've ever read. 

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2017, 10:16:37 am »
Damn...

A burning dumpster full o' garbage is far worse than a dumpster full o' garbage.

Point well taken.