Author Topic: Black Panther and The Crew #5  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther and The Crew #5
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2017, 07:29:58 am »
The team should of already been established by issue 2 at the latest, and by know Erza, Hydra and the list 59s Crew Should of been known etc etc. But Coates is all about that stupid slow burn with stereotypes and Mary Sue coa- Erza Mille can do no wrong, but everyone else needs this dude to... rally and save Harlem?

Plus it's clear that they fail because this story takes place before BP Issue 1 so it's before SE.

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2017, 08:39:44 am »
Actually I'm a bit confused.  Is it Ezra Miller or Ezra Keith?

If you look at the solicits (the only part I can stand to read now) his name changes…

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2017, 01:40:06 pm »

If you look at the solicits (the only part I can stand to read now) his name changes…

Hmm.. I wonder was someone thinking of Ezra jack Keats, known for some popular children's books from years ago, featuring black children?  just a passing thought  ;)
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2017, 05:06:44 pm »

Marvel doesn't care about the title or Erza, he isn't anything so who cares what his name is

Online 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2017, 03:14:06 pm »

Good question lol, No prize Ezra Keith Miller..

But on a serious note it's plainly obvious TNC doesn't care about any of members of the 2017 crew other than O.

If he actually cared about BP, MK or Cage then he would used this series to build up/add to their myths not around himself/Ezra.. A better writer could've done some great stuff with this series

If he actually was interested in Cage :

He should've introduced Henry "Pop" Hunter ( Netflix from Cage),  make Ezra his friend/cousin/brother/wateva & have Popz ask Cage to look into his Ezra murder instead of that bs TNC wrote. Now you'll added to Cage supporting cast/myths & gave him a personal reason to care.

If he actually was interested in MK :

We know next to nothing about MK parents (other than they don't care white savior fist for various reasons, which makes them great in my book)

Introduced/reintroduced them have one of them be a member of old school crew & have other say that 12 positive bs , that TNC had Misty saying that sounds/look ridiculous coming out her mouth as if she was the netflix version..  Now you've added to MK myths & gave him a personal reason to care.

BP :  if was at all interested in

than he would have M'Koni & Will/Billy Wheeler BP cousins (on his mother side I think)
Revival that the reason M'koni & her late husaband move to US were because they are/were members of the Order of the Panther ( Wakanda spy work)..
Have M'Koni tell BP retired member needs his help because their husband was just murder.
the Husband (Ezra) & the retired member Ezra wife/that older lady TNC had yell at BP (smh)
have Will suit up in one of his late father Wakandan Air Patrol units/gear & tag all.
Since Ezra wife is Wakandan she gave him the Wakanda tech to use & etc, much better than bs TNC wrote.
 Now you'll added/re-added to BP/Wakanda supporting cast/myths & gave him a personal reason to care.

The stuff he did with O annoyed me because I just find her as character/concept annoying at this point, but I have to admit what he did with her (Blue) is necessary if she as concept is to be save/moved forward & the type of thing be done in her solo series other than given her past for Avx & logan/molocks/yoko/x-men bullsh*t..

Eden- TNC seems to like him, but have lil to know idea what he want to do with him once its time to write it in the book/afraid to do it.. He mention in online/interview that he likes him, wants to make him BP friends/mentor him I guess, only hint at it in the books & just seems have him hang ago.. His goal seems to be to have him be Shuri love interest/man/bf & BP sidekick/mentee/new best/close friend, but seem to be afraid to really pull the trigger probably due to TNC issues in writing Black males. Now it look like he going to make him one of the many ppl touched by the greatness that is Ezra lol smh..

Also Sam & Kasper should both be here..

Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2017, 08:06:14 am »
Ezra got a ridiculous retcon where Ezra gave him purpose and he was a vigilante on a block of Harlem. Oh lawd.

He did get a cool ass fight seen though. Very Nightcrawler like.

Rest of the issue was info dump on Ezra and his old crew provided by T'challa.

"black panther" and the crew and T'challa has not dressed up in his habit once and is the only one in the crew to get no action scenes.

one more and it mercifully ends. This was probably the best issue other than edens ridiculous harlem backstory honestly. But it should have been issue 2 at the latest, not 5

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2017, 08:52:19 am »
Coates had to be trolling at This point. And it is Crystal clear he has not good intentions for T'Challa. Everyone gets action scenes in their Issue and Tchalla gets.... Scolded by done old bat talking sh*t to him about some bullsh*t ass Mary Sue. This drivel can't end soon enough. This clown need's to leave

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2017, 09:18:39 am »
Oh god that was a terrible read.. Utter Garbage. The retcons here, the crappy dialogue, the huge focus of a nobody redshirt that apparanty had so much influence over these heroes is straight up Mary Sue PIS. 0/10

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2017, 04:40:04 am »
One weird thing...

If Ezra thought he was getting weapons from Wakanda

but it was actually Hydra

err... how did he know a super secret inner circle kymoyo card frequency?

Did I read that part wrong?

Online CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2017, 04:48:09 am »
One weird thing...

That is what I was thinking too. Something wasn't lining up. At this point BP could say peace out and let Kasper take over.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2017, 04:52:32 am »
One weird thing...

That is what I was thinking too. Something wasn't lining up. At this point BP could say peace out and let Kasper take over.

HAHA

"Hey guys, turns out this has nothing to do with me or Wakanda. And, I am kind of dealing with some sh*t back home... the people get pissed when I leave to save the whole multiverse so I don't think they would appreciate me being here to help one american neighborhood so.... Eden... take me home Uber bitch!"

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2017, 04:57:14 am »
One weird thing...

Next issue:. Hydra has a stronghold in Wakanda. :(

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2017, 05:19:09 am »
i think it is slightly funny that the excuse for sales on this book has turned into "people don't like the slow burn"

This thing got cancelled by issue #2. It has NOTHING to do with the slow burn.

In reality, this book got cancelled the second pre orders failed to reach a certain point on issue #1.

The Truth is a combination of...

- Coates name doesn't sell anymore. So there was no pre orders based on "OMG TNC IS WRITING A CREW BOOK!"

- Misty has no comic buying fans yet she was on the front cover of the promotional work.

- Eden has no fans period

- comic Luke Cage fans don't really number that high

- Storm has very few fans that will follow her outside of an X book.

- BP has the most fans by far but they have been burned by Coates for over a year AND the majority saw right through the "Black Panther and the Crew" bullsh*t from the first cover and preview

- All Black Team doing "black Issues" involving cops immediately alienated a large portion of the white comic book audience. and, IMO, immediately alienated a lot of POC sick of these issues.

The target audience was basically, "Coates twitter followers" and well.... they don't really exist anymore.

Online CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2017, 11:22:30 am »
I like this Cage better. lol