Author Topic: Black Panther and The Crew #5  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
Re: Black Panther and The Crew #5
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2017, 02:06:26 pm »

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 03:11:40 am »
More pages from Black Panther Ezra and The Crew His Fan-Club #5 up at CBR:

http://www.cbr.com/black-panther-the-crew-5/
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:14:48 am by Beware Of Geek »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 04:39:43 am »
Well, I wanted more background. Wasn't this suppose to shake the Marvel Universe? Not so much. I guess it opens it up to a different main bad guy.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2017, 04:45:59 am »
... wait.

This super secret black super hero team, which may canonically be the first black super hero team in the marvel universe....

Used those powers to become...  gangsta criminals types ?

I guess blacks just cant stop themselves from becoming gangstas eh? Its in the blood?

Except for Ezra Coates.. eer.... Miller. Hes righteous ti the core.

Anyone find this odd and slightly troubling?

Imagine if Bendis wrote a wakandan story around rape camps and this story which featured tge first poc super team that devolved to gangsta sh*t?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2017, 05:09:27 am »
Troubling yes. Now I want to see people react.

That's what I was thinking in terms of Spencer. If he wrote BP as is the outrage would be legendary. lol

Reaction to Cap proves it I think.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 05:28:18 am »
Well, I wanted more background. Wasn't this suppose to shake the Marvel Universe? Not so much. I guess it opens it up to a different main bad guy.

If they woulda cut the "take 5 issues to get team together " stuff. And had ezra assemble a new crew to stop his old one... might have been some interesting super hero hijinks at the very least.

You really coukd have put this team together in 2 pages.

Page 1- luke and misty realize there going tobgo up against other supers. Misty memtions its time to call in that favor

Page 2- tchalla teleports via eden with Storm, storm or ychalla makes quip about this is jow date nights always end

Boom, crew together. Get the f*ck onbwith the story

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2017, 06:34:10 am »
... wait.

This super secret black super hero team, which may canonically be the first black super hero team in the marvel universe....

I guess blacks just cant stop themselves from becoming gangstas eh? Its in the blood?

Imagine if Bendis wrote a wakandan story around rape camps and this story which featured tge first poc super team that devolved to gangsta sh*t?

This just further proves the point, no matter what he is writing, be it set in afrofuturistic Wakanda, or in the streets of Harlem Coates  can't help himself but to throw in a bunch of racial stereotypes for Black heroes. Like GTFO of here with that garbage. The crew, just like BP WOW, has been a waste of potential, waste of time, and waste of expansion of the BP mythos. Failed projects by a "MacArthur Genius",  the Woke, Coates who relies on offensive stereotypes to tell "Shocking" stories. If that scene was set in modern day times, i bet he would of had thast frank character, wearing gold chains, grillz in his mouth, while carrying fried chicken and grape drink, with with a malt liquor and some watermelon to go with it...

He is staining the Crew, and BP with this garbage and its time for him to leave

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2017, 10:20:34 am »
More pages from Black Panther Ezra and The Crew His Fan-Club #5 up at CBR:

http://www.cbr.com/black-panther-the-crew-5/

I haven't read any of this series, but just from what I've skimmed here on this board and from this preview I'm not looking forward to it. Miller is a too obvious stand-in for Coates. And it annoys me to no end that the media always makes the 'Black Power' or 'black militant' characters really criminals at heart. It's their attempt to delegitimize what those men and women fought, sacrificed, and died for in real life, by saying there was some hidden and often criminal or manipulative agenda behind their actions. Now sometimes that was true, but isn't that true for some of the liberal and more accepted Civil Rights organizations as well? However, those characters are supposed to be the voice of reason and of course to rap the knuckles of the unruly militants.

John Ridley is playing around with some of these ideas in his new American Way series, but to his credit, he's adding more complexity to the story and his central black character, the New American. He might be more on the establishment side but he gets push back for it too.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2017, 05:41:34 pm »
... wait.

This just further proves the point, no matter what he is writing, be it set in afrofuturistic Wakanda, or in the streets of Harlem Coates  can't help himself but to throw in a bunch of racial stereotypes for Black heroes. Like GTFO of here with that garbage. The crew, just like BP WOW, has been a waste of potential, waste of time, and waste of expansion of the BP mythos. Failed projects by a "MacArthur Genius",  the Woke, Coates who relies on offensive stereotypes to tell "Shocking" stories. If that scene was set in modern day times, i bet he would of had thast frank character, wearing gold chains, grillz in his mouth, while carrying fried chicken and grape drink, with with a malt liquor and some watermelon to go with it...

I'm so disgusted with this dude TNC, that I'm very near the point that I won't even read reviews [ even by my illustrious HEFfas whom I trust without question ] of his vomitous work. We already know that he's disintegrating our hero into T'Chumpa The Bland Panther, Cheerleader and Door Mat of and for Z-List Nobodies.

OMG RH, CJP, or SOME-damn-body...SAVE us from this fool!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:43:53 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2017, 06:35:38 pm »
... wait.

I'm so disgusted with this dude TNC, that I'm very near the point that I won't even read reviews [ even by my illustrious HEFfas whom I trust without question ] of his vomitous work. We already know that he's disintegrating our hero into T'Chumpa The Bland Panther, Cheerleader and Door Mat of and for Z-List Nobodies.

There's nothing any of the writers you've mentioned can do anything.

This is all down to Marvel.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2017, 06:51:59 pm »
... wait.

There's nothing any of the writers you've mentioned can do anything.

This is all down to Marvel.

I know. And that's the worst part of it all.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2017, 08:46:56 pm »
who is the secret black power team, what are their names and abilities?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2017, 09:13:02 pm »
Nobodies. And we have two issues to find out more.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2017, 09:44:17 pm »
Do you know that this writer was one of the last guests on Melissa Harris-Perry's show on MSNBC before it got cancelled...

---I'm beginning to understand why.  :-[

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2017, 05:13:34 am »
Nobodies. And we have two issues to find out more.

And get eden on the team

And find out what hydra actually wants

And have team together solving tge problem

And tge inevitable 5 pages of tge crew pledging to akways come together to protect precious black people in harlem only and be "better" and more like ezra