Author Topic: Ultimates #100 Spoilers  (Read 1227 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: Ultimates #100 Spoilers
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 04:38:02 pm »
Yea its interesting. Honestly i wouldn't mind Ewing getting a crack at a BP solo with a good artist, and told to put him through some awesome adventures.

I said this [ with the caveat that RH and CJP and WALKER are busy ] a while ago.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 05:54:29 pm »
Yea its interesting. Honestly i wouldn't mind Ewing getting a crack at a BP solo with a good artist, and told to put him through some awesome adventures.

He'd be better than TNC & JA but I no longer trust Ewing, to much suspect ish happens on his watch with Blk/Afrikan/brown characters vs there white & gay counterparts when its comes to his  team books..
Pull List

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 04:50:28 am »
You'd get 12-18 issues, 6 of them being a tie in to whatever event is going on, out of Ewing.

One story or arc will bang, the rest will meander until he has to wrap everything up in one issue.

You would get some feats and some old school throw backs though.

He lulls hardcores into his books with sweet continuity lullabies and "high concept ideas" (aka mumbo jumbo) that keeps them entranced and focusing on the minutia (OMG ewing remembered XYZ from the 1972 issue of BLah Blah #97!) that they don't take a step back and realize nothing of note has happened in 6 issues.

Meanwhile, anyone that came into comics the last 10 year is looking around wondering why everyone is so excited and peaces out on the book.

Hardcores keep the book alive in the 20K range until one by one they snap out of it and dip out on the book.

that sound a lot better than what we are getting now though...

Online KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 04:55:08 am »
T'challa used the Tiger God to essentially kill the Logos cosmic head bad guy.

Fun thing is Adam got to OHKO the Ultimate Universe Hulk. He got to do something!

I think the most interesting thing is that T'challa had the shaper of ghosts in a ball when back on earth... the exact same thing Galactus had at the end of the book. Not sure what the relevance of that was.

Imagine what that punch would have looked like by a good artist!?!

That punch definitely had some weight to it. seriously the most frustrating thing about this entire Ultimates series was that no one Cut loose really. The action on this issue was good, it was good to read and good to see everyone kicking ass. This should of been doing this since volume 1 with Rocafort. The book would of likely went on longer if what was talked about during interviews was followed we could be getting more. Or simply if these fights came 3-4 issues ago and continued on giving Fans what they wanted

I was just thinking...bad drawing!  Makes me think of a bad cartoon art!  Imagine a Kirby punch there! 

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 05:06:41 am »
only took to the very last issue for Adam to unleash anything other than a paragraph

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 06:16:28 am »
While I'd take all of them over the smart dumb negro currently writing BP's solo, I feel we all just need to move on from Ewing, and Walker, and even Spencer now.

I don't know who should write a BP solo.  But i just want a guy who wants to write superhero stories and has an A-list artist.  Like the guy who writes Uncanny Avengers.  Or, hell, even the guy who writes Deadpool.. or even Spidey/Deadpool! 

But i'm tired of this "we need to fix things" approach to the mytho.  Priest already fixed it.  Either use his foundation to tell superhero stories like Hudlin and McDuffie did, or jump off a cliff.
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 06:24:47 am »
While I'd take all of them over the smart dumb negro currently writing BP's solo, I feel we all just need to move on from Ewing, and Walker, and even Spencer now.

I don't know who should write a BP solo.  But i just want a guy who wants to write superhero stories and has an A-list artist.  Like the guy who writes Uncanny Avengers.  Or, hell, even the guy who writes Deadpool.. or even Spidey/Deadpool! 

But i'm tired of this "we need to fix things" approach to the mytho.  Priest already fixed it.  Either use his foundation to tell superhero stories like Hudlin and McDuffie did, or jump off a cliff.

Plot twist... UA and Deadpool is the same writer. Writer is currently doing Guardians of the Galaxy.

He is a ewing that actually tells good stories while using the continuity stuff to enhance the story.

And yeah... "we need to fix stuff" sh*t needs to stop and die. Coates felt like he "needed to fix stuff" because he has no imagination.

A list artist thing is always an issue... they only seem to go to the top tier writers.

I really think Waid would work... dude can tell super hero stories. He even took "always depressed dark as f*ck Daredevil" and made it super hero fun stuff without ruining the character that was received very well by the casuals and hardcores DD fans.

Redjack could work, Mosaic was GOOD... it simply had no chance in this market. Plus he obviously likes the character since he is doing the cartoon and was in contention for write the current solo as well.

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2017, 02:10:09 pm »
If I was picking writers, I'd go for someone who can really hit those geopolitical thriller beats, like  Brubaker, or Rucka, or even Trautmann.

(My first pick is semiretired, I think:  John Ostrander.  Bonus points if he gets Tom Mandrake on art....)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2017, 03:42:15 pm »

Plot twist... UA and Deadpool is the same writer. Writer is currently doing Guardians of the Galaxy.

He is a ewing that actually tells good stories while using the continuity stuff to enhance the story.

And yeah... "we need to fix stuff" sh*t needs to stop and die. Coates felt like he "needed to fix stuff" because he has no imagination.

A list artist thing is always an issue... they only seem to go to the top tier writers.

I really think Waid would work... dude can tell super hero stories. He even took "always depressed dark as f*ck Daredevil" and made it super hero fun stuff without ruining the character that was received very well by the casuals and hardcores DD fans.

Redjack could work, Mosaic was GOOD... it simply had no chance in this market. Plus he obviously likes the character since he is doing the cartoon and was in contention for write the current solo as well.

Redjack would MERK it with BP. And that would be such a terrific real life story to see incarnate itself. From HEF to helming BP. Dopeness.

Without being too arrogant about it? I'm thinking that your very own S.I.+TURE+Mortal Man would ALSO kill it. 120 issues. Real talk.

We already accepted Waid as literally the first White writer we would trust with BP [ some of us did so even BEFORE we heard of Liss IIRC ], who doesn't have a history of coming back and dissin BP.

Know who else could write the heck outta BP? If he freakin stayed on schedule? Ellis. So could Millar. But tech? Is Ellis' thing. He'd knock it out the park with BP, I think.

I'm really really ashamed to say that I FORGOT about Trautmann, even though I LIKE HIS STUFF. Man. I apologize. You know who else I like...and who is hella underrated? PAD...Peter Alan David. Did he recover from that stroke or whatever that horrific thing was that he had?

With all that said? Eff the dumb ish. I want Priest and RH back. ASAP. There ya go.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:12:53 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2017, 04:51:24 pm »
I dont want PADs white supremacist excuse making ass anywhetr near BP. He aint worthy

Ellis would be a nice 6 issue palate cleanse

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2017, 05:16:13 pm »
You'd get 12-18 issues, 6 of them being a tie in to whatever event is going on, out of Ewing.

One story or arc will bang, the rest will meander until he has to wrap everything up in one issue.

You would get some feats and some old school throw backs though.

He lulls hardcores into his books with sweet continuity lullabies and "high concept ideas" (aka mumbo jumbo) that keeps them entranced and focusing on the minutia (OMG ewing remembered XYZ from the 1972 issue of BLah Blah #97!) that they don't take a step back and realize nothing of note has happened in 6 issues.

Meanwhile, anyone that came into comics the last 10 year is looking around wondering why everyone is so excited and peaces out on the book.

Hardcores keep the book alive in the 20K range until one by one they snap out of it and dip out on the book.

that sound a lot better than what we are getting now though...

Brother MoS.... You had me at feats.. lol

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2017, 05:21:33 pm »
Ellis for  6 Issue appetizer to clean the Coates isht out people's mouth's, then Redjack, waid, or miller to come in and give us good isht

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2017, 06:00:45 pm »
Ellis for  6 Issue appetizer to clean the Coates isht out people's mouth's, then Redjack, waid, or miller to come in and give us good isht

Redjack from day one.

Frak all the rest.

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2017, 10:13:36 am »

Redjack from day one.

Frak all the rest.

Never change Sal  8)

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2017, 10:51:34 am »

Redjack would MERK it with BP. And that would be such a terrific real life story to see incarnate itself. From HEF to helming BP. Dopeness.

Without being too arrogant about it? I'm thinking that your very own S.I.+TURE+Mortal Man would ALSO kill it. 120 issues. Real talk.

We already accepted Waid as literally the first White writer we would trust with BP, who doesn't have a history of coming back and dissin BP.

Know who else could write the heck outta BP? If he freakin stayed on schedule? Ellis. So could Millar.

I'm really really ashamed to say that I FORGOT about Trautmann, even though I LIKE HIS STUFF. Man. I apologize. You know who else I like...and who is hella underrated? PAD...Peter Alan David. Did he recover from that stroke or whatever that horrific thing was that he had?

With all that said? Eff the dumb ish. I want Priest and RH back. ASAP. There ya go.

You, Ture and Redjack would give us the Black Panther we deserve.  No doubt in my mind homie  8)

I feel I'd have comparable vision for it, but I fear I may be too petty right now (like REALLY petty) in my disgust for Coates, unfans, Doom, Bendis and Namor... that I wouldn't be able to get a single issue past the editors b/c it'd be nothing but passive (or active) aggression against all the aforementioned, that I'd be getting flagged for to "change".  And by "change", i'd end up just making it even more blatant.

Y'know how T'Chadwick told Zemo he's done letting the hate consume him?  I'm not there yet  :-\
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?