Author Topic: Secret Empire #9 BP SPOILERS... Spencer didn't lie  (Read 1062 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Secret Empire #9 BP SPOILERS... Spencer didn't lie
« on: August 23, 2017, 06:12:39 am »
It wasn't epicically long but...

T'challa was taken by Zemo to some room

Bucky ambushes Zemo and they fight.

Zemo has Bucky by the throat

oh hai, he forgot about T'challa

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Empire #9 BP SPOILERS... Spencer didn't lie
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 06:26:58 am »

So Spencer let T'Challa keep 99% of his Promise??? (only 90% because he didn't break the chains first like he told him) someone let T'challa follow through with a threat Finally? Not even in his Solo has he done that

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 06:59:26 am »
I read the issue, Im glad he kept his promise, Yet some plot foolery but Oh well its to be expected, atleast Spencer didn't make him give an empty promise. As for the rest of the issue. It was good, lots of people got some shine, Though I think t'challa should of done more at the end, i wonder what part he will play in issue 10. Im glad my optimism was rewarded for now

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Secret Empire #9 SPOILERS... Spencer didn't lie
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 07:21:37 am »
I like this event actually. A lot. takes a lot of plot stuff though for the sake of plot stuff.

Luckily it wasn't ruined by T'challa getting crapped on.

My only real probem with the event is a lack of a "signature" moment.

Like Infinity... you had Thor blowing his hammer through a Builder and then the avenger bricks confronting the BO on earth for example.

Thor turning back to the good side should have been THE moment or something but so much was going on a tthe same time we didn't really see it. Too many heroes lol.

Maybe miles beating Caps ass or something

Events has just not had a really really really good fight scene. All have been really short. Best issue was probably the ultron dinner lol

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 07:45:22 am »
I'd be more impressed if I hadn't read almost the exact same scene 14 years ago:

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 07:53:21 am »
I'd be more impressed if I hadn't read almost the exact same scene 14 years ago:

Small victories... small victories

He actually got to throw a punch on a A/B tier villain.

That's progress lol

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Empire #9 SPOILERS... Spencer didn't lie
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 08:09:31 am »
I like this event actually. A lot. takes a lot of plot stuff though for the sake of plot stuff.

Like Infinity... you had Thor blowing his hammer through a Builder and then the avenger bricks confronting the BO on earth for example.

Thor turning back to the good side should have been THE moment or something but so much was going on a tthe same time we didn't really see it. Too many heroes lol.

Events has just not had a really really really good fight scene. All have been really short. Best issue was probably the ultron dinner lol

Yea there needed to be a bigger moment, the turn should of been bigger. Honestly, I was hoping T'Challa would of confronted Steve before he grabbed the cosmic cube, Maybe even roughed him up a bit before he got the power, then T'challa backing off to regroup.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 08:10:57 am »
He kept his promise, something that hasn't been seen in.... 14 years? Progress indeed

Online 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 08:41:28 am »

Ultron dinner will probably end up being the signature" moment, don't see anything shocking topping that in last 2 issues..
Pull List

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 11:00:04 am »

So Spencer let T'Challa keep 99% of his Promise??? (only 90% because he didn't break the chains first like he told him) someone let T'challa follow through with a threat Finally? Not even in his Solo has he done that

This alone...T'Challa following through with his promises/threats, something that was standard and a staple for Gillis, Priest, R to the H, McDuffie, Liss...is now so rare that we see it done, and the writer--Spencer--is literally now the best writer of BP [ in that area ] since R to the H departed. Not to crap on the ultimate BP feats that Hickman had BP go through with the Infinity Gauntlet, because that did result in BP fulfilling his ultimate promise of protecting Wakanda and through The Golden City, also protecting Earth...which Hickman extended into reestablishing the entire 616 Reality. Unquestionably the #1 feat in BP and most of comic history.

But we didn't forget that not only did BP NOT get to keep his promise to Namor, he reneged on it...and a super team of White heroes without anywhere near the enmity with Namor got to kill him. So. Spencer? Is The Man in that regard.

But really though...how in the world could Zemo. Em Effin ZEMO. Get the one hand choke of domination on THE WINTER SOLDIER? Not acceptable, unless he got some kind of massive h2h or power upgrade or something. I haven't read the series [ gonna get the whole thing in TPB prolly or whatever ], so Idk how that is in any way explicable. Anybody help your S to the I out on that one?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 11:25:18 am »
But really though...how in the world could Zemo. Em Effin ZEMO. Get the one hand choke of domination on THE WINTER SOLDIER? Not acceptable, unless he got some kind of massive h2h or power upgrade or something. I haven't read the series [ gonna get the whole thing in TPB prolly or whatever ], so Idk how that is in any way explicable. Anybody help your S to the I out on that one?

The legendary John Romita said it best,
[paraphrasing ] "There are no bad characters, just bad writers."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 11:34:21 am »

It was a very short scuffle (as there are alot of small battles going on in this issue) but heres what went down right before T'challa shorts the sh*t out of Zemo and slams his face into the ground

Could of been better, could of been worse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 12:58:24 pm »

It was a very short scuffle (as there are alot of small battles going on in this issue) but heres what went down right before T'challa shorts the sh*t out of Zemo and slams his face into the ground

Could of been better, could of been worse

My manz Ezyo comes through in the clinch! I very much appreciate that!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 12:59:39 pm »

The legendary John Romita said it best,
[paraphrasing ] "There are no bad characters, just bad writers."

QFT!

My concern is? Zemo has neeeever been presented as a viable threat to post-CJP BP. Now, I'm thinking that Marvel...almost as a way to counter the surefire megamonster that the BP movie juggernaut is... will have Zemo be portrayed as being able to continuously get the drop on BP, or be a genuine personal threat to BP all by himself. I'm not worried about Bucky, because his proximity to Steve will allow him to basically White Privilege his way to victory over Zemo. This "loss" won't stick to him.

But BP? Especially with the bytchazzness of TNC...STILL...WRITING...T'Challa's solo? BP is now officially T'Chumpa the Bland Panther in the floppies. And that T'Chumpitude will continue, as long as TNC is employed by Marvel.

I would settle for Spencer being given BP duties. Or Waid. I have been thinking about it, and Idk if CJP would agree to write T'Challa for Marvel again. Anyone have any recent CJP thoughts regarding writing BP again? Last I read about it, he was not amused by the thought. He'd like to write a Milestone Marvel BP...not the "anal shaftings R Us" Marvel Editorial oversight version of BP that screwed him out of BP aaaand The Crew. But that info? Was years old, from a interview years gone.

Considering how Marvel is hemorrhaging readers? And. Considering how CJP is killin it with Deathstroke [ despite subpar art, yet again ]...and given the surefire surge in interest in TChalla with the BP movie about to launch, and its [ hopefully ] magnified appeal via we in the Afrikan community buying merch and embracing BP into our Culture of Ultimate Infinite Cool [ maybe even getting celebs to rock the BP brand, like that time that Michael Jackson rocked the CJP BP logo...but this time spanning sports stars, music stars, YT, FB, Twitter, and IG influencers, etc ]? Who else besides me thinks that CJP will or at least should get that call to write BP again, if TNC BP stays bellow 25k sales?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 01:12:15 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 01:09:57 pm »
I mean... *i guess* this was satisfactory, as far as Pyrrhic victories go...

Wakanda's slow grind from '96 Chicago Bulls to 2017 Chicago Bulls is complete, but at least BP helped Bucky save BP from Zemo...

BP helped Bucky save BP from Zemo...

But anyway,

Outside of like... the first issue.  I don't like this event.  It's not CWII bad, but it's so unnecessary.  Most (All) the current teams suck and they should've worked on fixing that before this event.  Now all the superheroes are going to gang up against Super Hydra Shredder from TMNT2.
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?