Author Topic: Black Panther #17 Preview  (Read 1847 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
Black Panther #17 Preview
« on: August 24, 2017, 05:32:39 pm »

Looks like Coates is inserting this shaman(who looks like a Jungle Action villain) as far back as DoomWar.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:55:48 pm by CvilleWakandan »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: Black Panther #17 Preview
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 07:59:02 pm »

Looks like Coates is inserting this shaman(who looks like a Jungle Action villain) as far back as DoomWar.

What? TChalla isn't apologizing, being completely upstaged by, or verbally battered by some Z-Lister? TChalla has the vague appearance of possession of testicles? The dialogue of RAS THE EXHORTER rings authentic?

You must be CRAZY if you think that I'm going to be suckered into reading that garbage of TNC just because this pause in his emptying his bowels on TChalla is really reflective of him loading up for the next manure maelstrom he's got planned to smear TChalla's habit head to toe with. This dude passed up SECRET EMPIRE for...this?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 09:25:57 pm »
Coates has a hard on for bringing up the same crap over and over

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 04:38:55 am »

It's "not ignoring previous runs" remember?

lol

Online Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 06:13:10 am »

What? TChalla isn't apologizing, being completely upstaged by, or verbally battered by some Z-Lister? TChalla has the vague appearance of possession of testicles? The dialogue of RAS THE EXHORTER rings authentic?

You must be CRAZY if you think that I'm going to be suckered into reading that garbage of TNC just because this pause in his emptying his bowels on TChalla is really reflective of him loading up for the next manure maelstrom he's got planned to smear TChalla's habit head to toe with. This dude passed up SECRET EMPIRE for...this?

I'm not even tempted.  I've been at this game long enough to know that "Hey! This character isn't being written like a total incompetent!" is not the same thing as "Hey! This character is being written well!"  8)

As for the rest of it, this is more of Coates trying to prop up his pet characters (in this case, Ras Sue the Expositioner) as something special, when at their core, they are merely plot devices to carry his agenda.

"Oh wow!  the gods we've never seen before the last few issues are being rejected in favor of a god we've never seen before!  However will T'Challa solve this religious crisis that has caused widespread discontent that we've barely seen!  I know!  Let's call in his ex-wife!  After all, she was mistaken for a goddess in a couple of stories over 30 years ago!!!"

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 06:56:02 am »

It's "not ignoring previous runs" remember?

lol

Yes Your right, Its all continuity guys, This random Shaman not only remembers what all went down (Just like Tetu apparently) but actually SAVED wakandans by turning them into jackals, Raised mountains, that none of the Royal family seem to have seen (even though the Flood only hit the golden city to a giant mountain climbing up out of nowhere should be obvious) and was there fighting the Desturi in secret while Doom was taking over.. Wow what a guy!

Also These gods are something special too! these gods no one have heard about are so intertwined in Wakandas success, but uh oh, they are dead, and this new twice risen god is coming with something fierce! i mean, its not like T'Challa hasn't taken on gods before.. But good thing he has his secret weapon!!! his "Best friend" Ororo the GODDESS WHO WILL BE THE SYMBOL OF HOPE TO WAKANDA AND SAVE THE DAY!!!...

Utter garbage 

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 06:58:31 am »
Y'all knew 8 issues ago this wasn't getting any better

Some of y'all knew 15 issues ago, bless your hearts
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 11:24:21 am »

When will this nightmare end?? are we seriously going to have to deal with castrated Panther while the MCU crushes it?

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 12:30:53 pm »

When will this nightmare end?? are we seriously going to have to deal with castrated Panther while the MCU crushes it?

At some point BP is going to be super popuplar to where he appears on super powered beat down, screw attack and all these other character vs character Rumble Board esque youtube channels... and BP is going to get his ass kicked, and they're going to reference all of Coates work as to why BP would get his ass kicked, and it's going to be embarrassing for all of us.  :-\

They gonna do BP vs Deathstroke or some random anime or video game character and they gon be like BP don't even got feats and his suit gets overloaded by basic lasers and he likes to cry and get flustered a lot.  It's going to be terrible.
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 02:20:45 pm »

At some point BP is going to be super popuplar to where he appears on super powered beat down, screw attack and all these other character vs character Rumble Board esque youtube channels... and BP is going to get his ass kicked, and they're going to reference all of Coates work as to why BP would get his ass kicked, and it's going to be embarrassing for all of us.  :-\

They gonna do BP vs Deathstroke or some random anime or video game character and they gon be like BP don't even got feats and his suit gets overloaded by basic lasers and he likes to cry and get flustered a lot.  It's going to be terrible.

Going from withstanding blasts from Heralds of galactus and Phoenix powered namor... To being overloaded by 3 goons with lasers.. All the while coates is going to be patting himself on the back thinking this is how you do comics.... Fuuuuu

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 03:10:05 pm »
Mixing the god and Faustus plot was a mistake. One thing at a time

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 03:25:33 pm »
Coates writing a BP comic is the biggest mistake of all.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 04:35:49 pm »
Coates writing a BP comic is the biggest mistake of all.

Amen to that. This garbage need's to end let Tchumpa the Bland Panther die so the REAL Black panther can return

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 07:07:38 am »
People who like Storm will like this issue.

This was like every other issue in this run. T'challa is more plan B than plan A (that is Storm this issue).

Everything in Season 2 is still better than Season one but whatever. Kind of numb to Coates wirting at this point. nno real reaction either way

But once again, the plot isn't moving. It is the same portal plot on repeat. Red shirts seek help, find portal, beat back monster men.  No real advancing is going on.

But what i found made me hang my head....

it looked like T'challa is relying on tech for telepathic defense. it COULD have been he broke away and then turned on the defenses for his HZ but... yeah :(

just another innate ability taken away.

Coates is anti-feat :(

i like the ghost spear though

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 07:37:35 am »
People who like Storm will like this issue.

This was like every other issue in this run. T'challa is more plan B than plan A (that is Storm this issue).

Everything in Season 2 is still better than Season one but whatever. Kind of numb to Coates wirting at this point. nno real reaction either way

But once again, the plot isn't moving. It is the same portal plot on repeat. Red shirts seek help, find portal, beat back monster men.  No real advancing is going on.

But what i found made me hang my head....

it looked like T'challa is relying on tech for telepathic defense. it COULD have been he broke away and then turned on the defenses for his HZ but... yeah :(

just another innate ability taken away.

Coates is anti-feat :(

i like the ghost spear though

Storm issue for sure. The action with the spiders was decent. Slightly displeased that he is using Anasi mythology as a negative given he is becoming a household name in recent years.

Agree with youin mental attack review. If Storms mental training works then so should his. Emma said she couldn't get in his head.