Author Topic: Black Panther #17 Preview  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther #17 Preview
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2017, 10:40:06 am »
He's also revealed that he's going to continue the Crew storyline in the main book.  Because nothing will keep readers better than a story they didn't want to read in a spinoff nobody bought. :shrug:

Both The crews Debut in the Solo and their "Origin" Stories were so underwhelming and disappointing, that no one will give two shiits about them. All of his "Projects" are failing him now.. I cant wait for his final issue so they can move on to someone with real respect for T'Challa *Cough*Redjack*Cough*

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2017, 10:50:50 am »
He's also revealed that he's going to continue the Crew storyline in the main book.  Because nothing will keep readers better than a story they didn't want to read in a spinoff nobody bought. :shrug:

might as well keep the trend alive.

- MA book failed... cram MA in the main book anyway.

- Storm already failed. cram her in the main book anyway

- Crew failed. Cram them in the main book anyway.

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2017, 01:13:12 pm »
My thoughts:

You know, considering how fundamentally xenophobic the Wakandans are to outsiders in general (and Storm in specific) they sure embraced her damn fast, thanks to the religion we've never seen before.

Otherwise, nothing happened.  At all.  And I find myself unable to care.

Since Coates is trying to get a gig writing a X-Book of course he'd have Wakandans not hate, resent and fear Storm

Coates is literally writting T'Challa as a cuck and Storm fans at CBR LOOOOOOOOOOVE it

Here's how petty the X-Office is, Coates has literary ties and thus most likely from some higher up is on the "do not f*ck with" list and hasn't gotten the shade like the tail end of Hudlin's run and when he was gone since Hudlin had Hollywood connections and Marvel doesn't want that touched. Because we all know if it was a black comic writer they got from the indies we would be back to Storm randomly mentioning in a X-Book how T'Challa ain't sh*t while giving Wolverine's corpse a handy.

Now thinking about it had they not killed off Wolverine I wonder if they would have even let Coates do this teasing bullsh*t he's doing now
Yes, we Storm fans do love it. It's amazing. And the quicker we can forget about Wolverine that better. He's dead and sonisbthat poor excuse for a relationship. Coates is the ticket for T'roro shippers like me.
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2017, 01:50:18 pm »
Just wait til real Wolverine comes back to life.

She run so hard back... X writers won't be able to control themselves. She'll be like 5th in line behind all the red heads though

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2017, 02:13:28 pm »
My thoughts:

You know, considering how fundamentally xenophobic the Wakandans are to outsiders in general (and Storm in specific) they sure embraced her damn fast, thanks to the religion we've never seen before.

Since Coates is trying to get a gig writing a X-Book of course he'd have Wakandans not hate, resent and fear Storm

Coates is literally writting T'Challa as a cuck and Storm fans at CBR LOOOOOOOOOOVE it

Here's how petty the X-Office is, Coates has literary ties and thus most likely from some higher up is on the "do not f*ck with" list and hasn't gotten the shade like the tail end of Hudlin's run and when he was gone since Hudlin had Hollywood connections and Marvel doesn't want that touched. Because we all know if it was a black comic writer they got from the indies we would be back to Storm randomly mentioning in a X-Book how T'Challa ain't sh*t while giving Wolverine's corpse a handy.

Now thinking about it had they not killed off Wolverine I wonder if they would have even let Coates do this teasing bullsh*t he's doing now
Yes, we Storm fans do love it. It's amazing. And the quicker we can forget about Wolverine that better. He's dead and sonisbthat poor excuse for a relationship. Coates is the ticket for T'roro shippers like me.

But its doomed to fail, There is no MCU synergy, no Blessings from Marvel higher ups or X office, and no future for the two anymore, that ship has sailed and now its simply beating the long dead, decaying horse

Offline BBeeryan

• T'Challa's namesake
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2017, 02:34:14 pm »
My thoughts:

But its doomed to fail, There is no MCU synergy, no Blessings from Marvel higher ups or X office, and no future for the two anymore, that ship has sailed and now its simply beating the long dead, decaying horse
Nope. Not for me. Bring on all my Wakandan royal siblings!
The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised!

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2017, 01:01:43 pm »
People who like Storm will like this issue.

This was like every other issue in this run. T'challa is more plan B than plan A (that is Storm this issue).

Everything in Season 2 is still better than Season one but whatever. Kind of numb to Coates wirting at this point. nno real reaction either way

But once again, the plot isn't moving. It is the same portal plot on repeat. Red shirts seek help, find portal, beat back monster men.  No real advancing is going on.

But what i found made me hang my head....

it looked like T'challa is relying on tech for telepathic defense. it COULD have been he broke away and then turned on the defenses for his HZ but... yeah :(

just another innate ability taken away.

Coates is anti-feat :(

i like the ghost spear though

Storm issue for sure. The action with the spiders was decent. Slightly displeased that he is using Anasi mythology as a negative given he is becoming a household name in recent years.

Agree with youin mental attack review. If Storms mental training works then so should his. Emma said she couldn't get in his head.

Brothers. I really appreciate your breakdowns of TNC's T'Chumpa The Bland Panther [ TTBP ] latest adventures. This way? I can steel myself for the certain stupidities prepped to vomit therefrom in 2018 from the MU.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Genki Sudo

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2017, 04:46:57 pm »
Ta-Nehisi Coates
Ta-Nehisi Coates @tanehisicoates

BP#17 samples the immortal Dwayne McDuffie. Whoever can spot is swinging the Wu-Tang Sword in one hand, and the Green Destiny in the other.

He achieved a new low. lol

Now this guy has the nerve to sully Sir McDuffie's name, gtfo

Offline marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2017, 04:41:25 pm »
Ta-Nehisi Coates
Ta-Nehisi Coates @tanehisicoates

BP#17 samples the immortal Dwayne McDuffie. Whoever can spot is swinging the Wu-Tang Sword in one hand, and the Green Destiny in the other.

He achieved a new low. lol

Why should Coates care? He's done nothing but squat dump all over BP and Wakanda. He's tried to screw Priest with his dumb retcons so everyone is fair game.

Now this guy has the nerve to sully Sir McDuffie's name, gtfo
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2017, 03:21:26 pm »
August Sales

> 86. BLACK PANTHER #17 (MAR)

86th in July did 26K

July BP 16 did 73rd, 29K

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2017, 03:41:34 pm »
Looks like Beware if Geek info was solid. Extra orders due to incentives. Might be a couple thousand higher than June though. It was at 100 at that point.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2017, 04:00:41 pm »
I hope it fails soon. Honestly he needs to be removed from the mythos

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2017, 04:01:59 pm »
Looks like Beware if Geek info was solid. Extra orders due to incentives. Might be a couple thousand higher than June though. It was at 100 at that point.

:bows:  It's all about the pre-orders.  And Marvel has been gaming the system for a while (although there seems to be some backlash regarding the latest gimmick).

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2017, 04:12:08 pm »

:bows:  It's all about the pre-orders.  And Marvel has been gaming the system for a while (although there seems to be some backlash regarding the latest gimmick).

That are working less and lees. And at the expense of their solo titles. 

Meanwhile, DC puts Batman on somethign and it sells like hotcakes.

Look at it this way.

All of the top 17 were gimmicks (generations), events (secret empire), star wars, and Batman books.

and then walking dead in there

The first marvel solo book shows up at 18, amazing spider-man.

After that, the next marvel solo book is... spectacular spiderman at 35 (with the spider-men book at 33)

The first non spider-man solo is old man logan at 37.

hell, IDK if DC is making money off rebirth or not (at 2.99 you have to sell a TON more comics than 3.99)... but their line *seems* healthier, even with the crazy batman dominance.

sigh... black bolt, iron fist, and luke cage are outside of top 100 :(:(:(

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2017, 04:27:35 pm »

That are working less and lees. And at the expense of their solo titles. 

Meanwhile, DC puts Batman on somethign and it sells like hotcakes.

Look at it this way.

All of the top 17 were gimmicks (generations), events (secret empire), star wars, and Batman books.

and then walking dead in there

The first marvel solo book shows up at 18, amazing spider-man.

After that, the next marvel solo book is... spectacular spiderman at 35 (with the spider-men book at 33)

The first non spider-man solo is old man logan at 37.

hell, IDK if DC is making money off rebirth or not (at 2.99 you have to sell a TON more comics than 3.99)... but their line *seems* healthier, even with the crazy batman dominance.

sigh... black bolt, iron fist, and luke cage are outside of top 100 :(:(:(

That the problem with flooding the market with a bunch of gimmicks and junk instead of making a core base with decent writers and artist. Get some Characters that people will care about, then get them to a good spot, you know the ones people care about and at rising Stars (MCU,
Netflix marvel tv and animation Characters) and then go from there. But flooding the market Seems rather dumb and book's will die before they even begin Because people don't want to spend money on junk