Author Topic: Black Panther: Long Live the King #1 Announcement Thread (Hat Tip Mortal)  (Read 15447 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Someone send her some RH, CJP, Maestro & Denys C work to read...
Pull List

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
When you compare this to the art team that old man Hawkeye got it pretty much tells you everything about who's running Marvel and how they think.. I'll say overall not counting her comic work she's a better writer than the writer of old man Hawkeye he also has little to no comic work and fiction work in general while she has a lot of fantasy and fiction work..
Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
digital only comics always get some iffy artwork though. especially bi weekly stuff.

good point about the barrier of entry for Nnedi though. huge double standard

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
I guess the cool thing at Marvel is to throw all the "woke" black women writers on black panther, and all the urban/street level black characters at David Walker.
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Is this writer any good...FOR T'CHALLA? Do we have any previous work of hers that can give us an yidea as to what's reallly up, one way or the other? Does she have any interviews up?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Is this writer any good...FOR T'CHALLA? Do we have any previous work of hers that can give us an yidea as to what's reallly up, one way or the other? Does she have any interviews up?

All I know is

1. shes a fantasy fiction writer

2. she talks a lot about making african woman heroes young african girls can look up to (shes nigerian)

3. she wrote the venomverse issue where a new teenage girl gets the symbiote and T'challa gets smashed to death by Rhino then said teenager stops rhino.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

All I know is

2. she talks a lot about making african woman heroes young african girls can look up to (shes nigerian)

3. she wrote the venomverse issue where a new teenage girl gets the symbiote and T'challa gets smashed to death by Rhino then said teenager stops rhino.

Sounds great for a Shuri book.. BP I'm not so sure

Offline Amenra11

• View Profile

All I know is

:( This was all I needed to know, thanks. At least they are staying on code

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther: Long Live the King #1 Announcement Thread (Hat Tip Mortal)
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 01:11:19 pm »

All I know is

:( This was all I needed to know, thanks. At least they are staying on code

Yeah, this is all I need to see.  Rhino. Freakin RHINO?! Smashed T'Challa to death? Hell no. Not getting it.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 01:11:54 pm »

All I know is

Sounds great for a Shuri book.. BP I'm not so sure

Absolutely right.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 07:07:39 pm »
Courtesy of Ultimate Ty

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 07:09:08 pm »
Creedmonger makes his All New All Dif--- er, I mean Legacy debut!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 07:33:05 pm »
As for this story. The guy seems like a priest fan and the artist is legit. Here's to hoping he comes correct and this can Maybe turn into a ongoing If it's elevating T'Challa. I hope of he does come correct it turns into another Hudlin Mini-turned-ongoing